[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

Hi, new user MI2S here.

I found your CM 11 rom yesterday and installed it without any problems.

I saw your update this morning but cannot install it through CWM. When I choose 'Install ZIP from sdcard' > 'Choose ZIP from sdcard' it says "E: Can't mount /sdcard". Trying to mount sdcard manually gave me "error mounting /sdcard".

Besides the update file, there is no data on the phone. I did a factory reset through CM11, including storage wipe storage as I wanted a clean phone. So through CWM I tried to enable and disable TDB and format the data partition and assumed/hoped it would repair the partitions, but unfortunately it didn't.

Also I tried the factory wipe through CWM but no solution. I think I went to far with trying to solve this issue because now the second partition doenst start up anymore and my laptop doesnt show the phone anymore.

I don't really know what to do from here. Any advise on to what to do next?
How did u flash recovery AnD what one?

Inviato dal mio MI 2s utilizzando Tapatalk

How did u flash recovery AnD what one?

I installed this one: "recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.2-aries-20131115-signed" and used the instructions on the OP:

Installation:
  1. Download latest recovery-signed-***.zip
  2. Copy the file as “update.zip” in the root directory of your sdcard
  3. Reboot into recovery and install the zip file
Through these instructions I was able to install CM 11.

I installed this one: "recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.2-aries-20131115-signed" and used the instructions on the OP:

Installation:
  1. Download latest recovery-signed-***.zip
  2. Copy the file as “update.zip” in the root directory of your sdcard
  3. Reboot into recovery and install the zip file
Through these instructions I was able to install CM 11.
Use fastboot flash recovrery with an another recovery isn't the most correct way, this may cause problems Like those

Im not sure if I understand your post correctly. I followed the instructions on the opening post. Are you saying thats not the correct way?

Im not sure if I understand your post correctly. I followed the instructions on the opening post. Are you saying thats not the correct way?
Not the best way,cuz flashing recovery using a recovery may cause problems like yours

Dude, you're like a ferrari on steroids with your quick comments, thanks!!!

So what would be the best way then? Miflash? Not sure how that works...

Dude, you're like a ferrari on steroids with your quick comments, thanks!!!

So what would be the best way then? Miflash? Not sure how that works...
Fastboot, but if u don't know how to use it there is ariestoolkit (see my signature)

Hi i have problem. I was instal older CWM for mi2 and than CM10.2... for some reason i need to flash MIUI recovery and now when i want to flash CM again my phone boot into Mi Recovery 2.0.1.. i download and flash CWM 20131115 in miui but phone still boot into Mi Recovery. Can somebody help me? Sorry for my english...

there is 1 recovery for each system. In Xiaomi recovery switch to the second system and from there reboot in recovery, you will enter in CWM. from there, flash CWM to the first system. It will work (it occured to me 2 weeks ago).
good luck

there is 1 recovery for each system.
good luck
Did you mean "1 recovery for both systems"?
Code:
$ adb shell cat /proc/partitions
major    minor  #blocks name        by-name

179        0  30535680 mmcblk0        
179        1      87040 mmcblk0p1    modem
179        2      87040 mmcblk0p2    modem1
179        3        512 mmcblk0p3    sbl1
179        4        512 mmcblk0p4    sbl2
179        5      1024 mmcblk0p5    sbl3
179        6      1024 mmcblk0p6    rpm
179        7      1024 mmcblk0p7    tz
179        8        512 mmcblk0p8    DDR
179        9      4096 mmcblk0p9    aboot
179      10      1024 mmcblk0p10  misc
179      11      2920 mmcblk0p11  logo
179      12        780 mmcblk0p12  m9kefs1
179      13        780 mmcblk0p13  m9kefs2
179      14          1 mmcblk0p14  m9kefsc
179      15      8302 mmcblk0p15  bk1
179      16        780 mmcblk0p16  m9kefs3
179      17      64756 mmcblk0p17  bk2
179      18      15360 mmcblk0p18  boot
179      19      15360 mmcblk0p19  boot1
179      20      15360 mmcblk0p20  recovery
179      21      11264 mmcblk0p21  bk3
179      22      8192 mmcblk0p22  persist
179      23    524288 mmcblk0p23  system
179      24    524288 mmcblk0p24  system1
179      25    393216 mmcblk0p25  cache
179      26    3670016 mmcblk0p26  userdata
179      27  25096175 mmcblk0p27  storage

It's doesn't work. I restart to the recovery from both systems and phone still boot into mi recovery. Even after I flash cwm from system 1 and system 2... any other idea? But thaks for your effort

there is 1 recovery for each system. In Xiaomi recovery switch to the second system and from there reboot in recovery, you will enter in CWM. from there, flash CWM to the first system. It will work (it occured to me 2 weeks ago).
good luck
o_O ??????
Do u know what's a recovery? Have u ever used a linux OS that's not android????
Recovery is an indipendent partition... It's not linked any way to dual system partitions....

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

It's doesn't work. I restart to the recovery from both systems and phone still boot into mi recovery. Even after I flash cwm from system 1 and system 2... any other idea? But thaks for your effort
Try with ariestoolkit, it flash recovery from bootloader

o_O ??????
Do u know what's a recovery? Have u ever used a linux OS that's not android????
Recovery is an indipendent partition... It's not linked any way to dual system partitions....

I know what is recovery. When it occurred to me I was as surprised as you... but this is a fact :

What occured to me :
active system : system 2
-> restart in recovery
-> enter in Xiaomi Recovery
-> flash CWM as update.zip
-> restart (active system still system 2)
-> restart in recovery
-> restart to system 1
-> restart in recovery
-> enter in CWM
-> change active system to system 2
-> restart (to system 2)
-> restart in recovery
-> restart to system 1
-> restart in recovery
-> enter in CWM
-> flash CWM.zip as to system 2
-> restart (to system 2)
-> restart in recovery
-> enter in CWM
How can this be explained without saying that there is sort of "dual recovery"?

Did you mean "1 recovery for both systems"?
Code:
$ adb shell cat /proc/partitions
major    minor  #blocks name        by-name
179      20      15360 mmcblk0p20  recovery
I agree with you, may it be possible because starting to system 1 that was freshly restored and not yet booted to that restore the factory recovery...

It is to me a little weird... and for now I don't want to try to reproduce it... At the end I had CWM in restarting in recovery from both systems and it is enough to me... :)

I know what is recovery. When it occurred to me I was as surprised as you... but this is a fact :

What occured to me :
active system : system 2
-> restart in recovery
-> flash CWM as update.zip
-> restart (active system still system 2)
-> restart in recovery
-> restart to system 1
-> restart in recovery
-> enter in CWM
-> restart (to system 2)
-> restart in recovery
-> restart to system 1
-> restart in recovery
-> enter in CWM
-> flash CWM.zip as to system 2
-> restart (to system 2)
-> restart in recovery
-> enter in CWM
How can this be explained without saying that there is sort of "dual recovery"?
No, cuz recovery is only one, see partitions table, u didn't remove recoevery-flash.sh of miui Roms so it automatically flash mirecovery,

Sent from my Mi2s

No, cuz recovery is only one, see partitions table, u didn't remove recoevery-flash.sh of miui Roms so it automatically flash mirecovery,

Sent from my Mi2s
Ok you're right, so it seems to be that I didn't check the option to prevent updated rom to override the recovery and after starting to freshly installed miui, it override my CWM recovery...

Thank you for the explanation.

Hi, I have two Android devices aside my MI2S 16Gb, Huawei U8800 and Nexus 7 '13, both with custom wirmware, so I'm not new to Android, but I didn't really use dual boot on the MI2S at all since I've bought it 4 months ago. Yesterday I've flashed CWM (of course the one from M1cha) with Aries Toolkit, but I must note I forgot to put partition.sh to the right directory. CWM opened up alright, but when I tried installing CM10.2 (once again, the one from M1cha), it froze. I haven't really read much about this very CWM for this very phone, so I didn't understand what was going on. Here's the log:

E: TrueDualBoot: failed mounting data
I: checking for extendedcommand...
I: skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...
W: failed to mount /dev/userdata_moved (Invalid argument)

After that, I tried using Udater app. It didn't work. I tried factory resetting it, then saw the logs and tried to format /data and /data1 manually hoping it would somehow fix Dual Boot. Both times just froze.

I: Can't partition non-vfat: ext4
I: Can't format unknown volume: /external_sd
I: Can't format unknown volume: /emmc

Then I tried wiping again and installing CM10 again. Again it froze.

Now I can only go to the recovery, and whenever I turn my phone off, it turns on again, so I have to remove the battery.

Please help, I don't understand what I should do now.

Edit: OK, I think usig MIFlash may help, but what was anything in particular done wrong?

Last edited:
Hi, I have two Android devices aside my MI2S 16Gb, Huawei U8800 and Nexus 7 '13, both with custom wirmware, so I'm not new to Android, but I didn't really use dual boot on the MI2S at all since I've bought it 4 months ago. Yesterday I've flashed CWM (of course the one from M1cha) with Aries Toolkit, but I must note I forgot to put partition.sh to the right directory. CWM opened up alright, but when I tried installing CM10.2 (once again, the one from M1cha), it froze. I haven't really read much about this very CWM for this very phone, so I didn't understand what was going on. Here's the log:

After that, I tried using Udater app. It didn't work. I tried factory resetting it, then saw the logs and tried to format /data and /data1 manually hoping it would somehow fix Dual Boot. Both times just froze.

Then I tried wiping again and installing CM10 again. Again it froze.

Now I can only go to the recovery, and whenever I turn my phone off, it turns on again, so I have to remove the battery.

Please help, I don't understand what I should do now.

Edit: OK, I think usig MIFlash may help, but what was anything in particular done wrong?
/data partition is empty or null... Did u use fastboot -w or removed /data folder?

Inviato dal mio MI 2(s) utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: erythrocytes
/data partition is empty or null... Did u use fastboot -w or removed /data folder?

Inviato dal mio MI 2(s) utilizzando Tapatalk
I tried wiping data through CMW, but the process froze. I thought it could corrupt the memory, but anyway there was no choise but reboot.

But doing this through fastboot or manually - no, I didn't.

From what I understand flashing stock firmware through MiFlash will help, although it'd be great if I only needed CWM for that.

I tried wiping data through CMW, but the process froze. I thought it could corrupt the memory, but anyway there was no choise but reboot.

But doing this through fastboot or manually - no, I didn't.

From what I understand flashing stock firmware through MiFlash will help, although it'd be great if I only needed CWM for that.
Cwm can't do this, if /data is gone, it can't replace it, u need fastboot and data.img to replace it

what about "mounts and storage"->"format /data"? it should recreate the filesystem.(enable/disable TDB does the same)