MIUI 12.5 21.1.13/14

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all i got a mi9se and since 12.5 its a real nightmare, the 3 update i did since 12.5 i had to wipe and reinstall everything, even if i boot twrp from fastboot.
On the 2 first update i had to try with different twrp version and finally work with a old twrp 3.2.12b but had to wipe everything and install all over again.
On the last update always rebooting in twrp, even if i boot in fastboot mode and install firmware after i always boot in twrp, i try many different version of twrp, with twrp 3.5.9 i get error 7, with with 3.4.0 it always boot in twrp and the one that i was able to install and boot normally last times 3.3.2b now only reboot in twrp.
I dont know what to do anymore ive try everything and still not able to boot in miui
Anyone knows what i should do??

Thanks
Jay
Hi Jay, had the same problem. After traying the same things as you I decided to go back to stock rom, installed it via Mi flash. That did the job. After that I installed the stable 12.0.3. I decided to wait for a stable 12.5 (till now I updated weekly)

One more issue on HM-K30S-Ultra:
Pop-up "activate always-on display first" appears when trying to apply a super wallpaper. But AOD is not supported on this device.
b46ab8dfbb4eb78561d990f339e19510.jpg

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Hi
i have a Mi9 with the 21.1.13/14
the phone sometimes don't connect to WLAN despite full signal strenght
so i delete the connection under WLAN settings and make it new, that helps sometimes
further i saw in my router wlan connection log that the phone has entrys with different MACs - how can that be ?

One more issue on HM-K30S-Ultra:
Pop-up "activate always-on display first" appears when trying to apply a super wallpaper. But AOD is not supported on this device.
b46ab8dfbb4eb78561d990f339e19510.jpg

Just click on apply and go to the home screen and the wallpaper will be already applied the prompt is is showing due to a bug in the Wallpaper App just ignore it and go to the home and wallpaper will be applied.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Hi
so i delete the connection under WLAN settings and make it new, that helps sometimes
further i saw in my router wlan connection log that the phone has entrys with different MACs - how can that be ?
It's a security feature enabled by default on Android (since Android 10), you should be able to disable "Use randomized MAC" option in your saved Wi-Fi network configuration, in phone's settings. :)

Just click on apply and go to the home screen and the wallpaper will be already applied the prompt is is showing due to a bug in the Wallpaper App just ignore it and go to the home and wallpaper will be applied.

Thanks it's already done. But this pop up is seem to be a bug for this device.

Thanks it's already done. But this pop up is seem to be a bug for this device.

No it is not for your device only it is for all the devices because the bug is in the SuperWallpaper App.

But maybe the The Xiaomi.eu Devs can fix it even do it is not a major bug but it seems like it may be a one that is easier to fix but still the decision depends upon the developers

But just for explaining the bug I will write a second message in the bug section.

Hi

You can change the wifi settings… random mac or the same on the phone and for wlan, dont use autocanal on 5ghz on the router. Set to canal 36 solved my issue

Perhaps this could be a solution for you as well...
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/20-12-28-mi9-cant-turn-on-wifi.59099/page-2#post-584872

Mi 10 (umi)
I have just rebooted from system into recovery to discover a version of TWRP 3.4.2b-1206 installed. So it appears that the new ROMs are coming with this version. However two things to note:
1) It did seem fairly stable, although my PC kept on beeping regularly as though it was trying to recognise the phone;
2) It did not ask for the pattern for decryption, so the data partition was not viewable - not even as encrypted folders.

I was wondering if I had accidentally flashed it into the recovery partition myself, but I was able to reboot back into it, and then reboot back into system from it. So, apart from the frequent beeping on my PC, it seemed fairly stable. I did not check last week's ROM, so I do not know if it was also included then.

I have flashed back the TWRP 3.4.0 - LittleTurtle version, knowing that this is completely stable.
I think I said that in the previous rom as well! The new twrp was installed, but it was ~no functional. It ~couldn't wipe anything. ~Only to boot into other modes (probably).
EDIT:Yep, the problem ~persists. It ~can't even mountthe cache partition to wipe it (also it ~was unable to save a log or a screenshot).

Last edited:
how do i install this new update i'm still using the android 10 miui12 RN8, btw i'm new to this kind of stuff sorry.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Bubbles refuse to work even if I enable it, and I can't seem to find the general bubble settings anywhere.

This is my third time using this version of Xioami EU and I never seemed to make it work for some odd reason.
Using Mi 9T

Hello!

I updated my Mi 9 to this version (21.1.14) and... surprise! Maybe you think this doesn't matter but the Absolute Volume disappeared again from developer options. Honestly I don't know why this happens to me.
I attach two screenshots, first with the previous version (21.1.6) and second with last version (21.1.14).

View attachment 34131
MIUI 21.1.6 Absolute Volume appears here.

View attachment 34132
MIUI 21.1.14 Absolute Volume doesn't appear here.

Or maybe I'm just blind and I don't see where it goes. Somebody has an idea about what happened here? I would really appreciate it in advance.

Good night!
Had ta similar issue with earphones, but I could select in the Bluetooth pairing settings of the headphone

Are you using the stock system launcher?

FULL SCREEN GESTURES:
I agree they seem to work only with default system launcher.
Previously you could also use them with e.g. Nova Launcher. Now when I select Poco or Nova it switches automatically to buttons!

Mi9T Pro - dirty flash + Magisk 21.2 + Adaway
- I can confirm a lot of sound issues, even alarm clock sound is broken, youtube is unusable
- a lot of lags, freezes, I even encounter total shut down twice today (needed to start device with power button)
- bluetooth issues, tried to call someone and my car radio showed that the call has been disconnected when I suddenly I realized that the call was actually established, but no sound or connection info on car radio.

Good news - bold text with custom font got back... haha but anyway I hate this 12.5 ROM and I'm thinking to back to one of the last from 12.3 series which were absolutely perfect.

Someone tried clean install on mi9T pro and have different experiences?

I've noticed that all problems acquired after Magisk

FULL SCREEN GESTURES:
I agree they seem to work only with default system launcher.
Previously you could also use them with e.g. Nova Launcher. Now when I select Poco or Nova it switches automatically to buttons!

You can use fluid navigation gestures

Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettingsActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.settings.dndmode.Alarm$DaysOfWeek.getCoded()' on a null object reference
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:663)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47)
    at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:67)
    at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)
    at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:52)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:249)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:134)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:313)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.settings.dndmode.Alarm$DaysOfWeek.getCoded()' on a null object reference
    at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettings.refreshZenRuleSettings(Unknown Source:108)
    at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettings.onCreate(Unknown Source:304)
    at android.app.Fragment.performCreate(Unknown Source:13)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(Unknown Source:359)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.addAddedFragments(Unknown Source:46)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOpsTogether(Unknown Source:129)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.removeRedundantOperationsAndExecute(Unknown Source:99)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(Unknown Source:21)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executePendingTransactions(Unknown Source:0)
    at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.switchToFragment(Unknown Source:199)
    at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.launchSettingFragment(Unknown Source:35)
    at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:249)
    at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettingsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:0)
    at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:77)
    at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:399)
    ... 11 more

Had that problem too, on my lmi device with 21.1.6 ROM (german Interface). Coming from 12.2.2 Stable, I had to format data for this, but restored my apps and settings from the cloud, and after setup ran into that problem with the same crash report.

Turns out the culprit were DND Settings in the Sound and Vibration settings. You can set a timetable to DND activation there, but this timetable cannt be displayed (Alarm$DaysOfWeek.getcoded() fails).

I was able to solve that problem by excluding device settings from restoring from the cloud in the setup process. Obviously, that meant wiping data and repeating the setup process.

On the plus side, dirty flashing to 21.1.13 did not lead to the same problem. All is working fine now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Igor Sydorenko
Health to all!
First of all I wanted to Very Thank All those in charge for yet another release of this fantastic ROM (RN7 - Lavender).
I also point out that with the latter, but also with the previous release, it happened to me sometimes that the phone was turned off: with the fingerprint sensor it did not respond, as well as with the power button. Although I knew for sure I hadn't turned it off, it was actually as if it were ...
Holding the power button for several seconds (20?) it's rebooted, even if, for a switch on from off, it is normally not necessary to hold the button down for so long ... Right?
Maybe 'a bit too Deep, Deep Sleep' ??

EU 21.1.14 Redmi K20 Pro
I'm unable to change Search Provider to Google (Home Screen settings closes) nor able to hide icons (System Launcher keeps stopping error) in Settings/Home Screen. Clean installed to check it out. Same problem.
Some Chinese character in quick tiles.
Bubble needs superwall it gets a dark tint in static wallpaper.
Please confirm.

Last edited:
I've been xiaomi.eu ROM user for years but this actual recent version of your ROM completly bricked my Redmi Note 8 (Qualcomm)..
Mi Flash won't let me flash ROM without EDL authorised account.

Great job and thank you.

Had that problem too, on my lmi device with 21.1.6 ROM (german Interface). Coming from 12.2.2 Stable, I had to format data for this, but restored my apps and settings from the cloud, and after setup ran into that problem with the same crash report.

Turns out the culprit were DND Settings in the Sound and Vibration settings. You can set a timetable to DND activation there, but this timetable cannt be displayed (Alarm$DaysOfWeek.getcoded() fails).

I was able to solve that problem by excluding device settings from restoring from the cloud in the setup process. Obviously, that meant wiping data and repeating the setup process.

On the plus side, dirty flashing to 21.1.13 did not lead to the same problem. All is working fine now.
Thanks for your input on this. I'll try to follow your recommendation when get some free time for it.
I'll let know.

Reactions: cgdams
Status
Not open for further replies.