MIUI 12.5 21.1.20/21

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem with me bro.

Flashed this update and my Widevine L1 completely gone.... Very sad...

I already reflashed global stock but still L3...

And on 21.1.14 I have L1 perfectly...

If anyone has problems with Safetynet failing or Widevine stuck at L3, please first try deleting all app data for Google Play Services, Google Pay, Play Store, Netflix and Prime Video (if applicable).

I was failing all tests on my Mi 9T, but just deleting the app data fixed everything.

Starting from April 24, 2021, Redmi Note7, Redmi Note7 Pro, Xiaomi CC9e will stop the development version
Lavender, Laurus and Violet will cease development release on April 24

Installed extreme alarm clock but was crashed. Is there an alternative to the stock alarm clock to use with this rom?
giphy.gif

Attachments

• IMG_20210126_151706.jpg
    IMG_20210126_151706.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 237
I have a mi 9 lite, in this version there's a big battery drain, before I can use the phone for 5 hour, now only for 2/3 hours. It's a big problem

It has been quite a long time since I last updated weekly ROMs, am I 100% safe to update from Xiaomi.EU 20.7.9 (RN7) to this one?
Should I just do the classic method with my current TWRP (might be outdated by that time) or do you guys recommend me anything else?

Last edited:
Hmm, I ~just updated magisk (manager + magisk canary) to the latest version on my mi 10. It seems like if I try to change its installation path to something custom to hide it I ~can't make it work as a dual app. It ~worked fined previously. Anybody else having the same problem? (For dual apps I use "Islan" by oasis, but as ~every app clomer uses the work profile. Trying to see if the new version caused amy problems with the work profile.)
What I have also noticed is that you cannot download a separate Magisk .zip file. Therefore it would appear that for the next weekly ROM, the ROM will have to be installed first, and then Magisk will need to be installed, requiring a separate boot. Unless there is another way of doing it?

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
What I have also noticed is that you cannot download a separate Magisk .zip file. Therefore it would appear that for the next weekly ROM, the ROM will have to be installed first, and then Magisk will need to be installed, requiring a separate boot. Unless there is another way of doing it?

Something new from John Wu

Reactions: Maximhtc
Something new from John Wu
Oh, wow, so.. a major update.. Hm, there is though a bit of a problem with dual apps... How am I gonna flash it in the work profile too? Cloning it doesn't seem to work...
Uff, lol, now I ~have to update my rooting guide..

Can someone edwin how I can enable Work Profile?
I use island for my dual apps and its 's kinda easy to enable it: (If you use miuis dual apps, there might be a "work profile" switch in the quick settings/status bar switches (though I think there are reports it may be missing. That's ~why I use Island, it ~does the same, but with a better ui.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-26-23-02-59-096_com.oasisfeng.island.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-26-23-02-59-096_com.oasisfeng.island.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 210
In this latest update Redmi Note 8 is turning off WiFi alone and draining a lot of battery.

I will do a downgrade and wait for correction.

Is apparently already a known problem. My Mi 9 also has problems with the WiFi. Connection works, but reports no internet connection at irregular intervals. The problem has existed since the update to Android 11, i.e. also in version 21.01.14. However, the update on 21.01.20 did not bring any improvement.

Firmware BUG still exists:
mi9 does not support 160 МHz bandwidth, but the wifi is trying to connect to the access point at maximum speed (> 1733 Mbps). Data transmission becomes unstable, freezes, disconnects from the access point.

Reactions: OXOTA
I have a mi 9 lite, in this version there's a big battery drain, before I can use the phone for 5 hour, now only for 2/3 hours. It's a big problem
Here is my battery consumption, it has been better in old miui.eu version but it is not so bad and I think it will be surely improved in next future. I think you have some problem with settings.
Screenshot_2021-01-10-17-28-57-603_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.