MIUI 12.5 21.1.20/21

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redmi Note 8 status:
Installed manually with geoanto555's TWRP - dirty with clear cache/Dalvik. No problems, works smoothly.
Changes:
Hardly found any, the boot animation is changed. The phone seems snappier, but this could be a placebo. I run a Geekbench benchmark since last weekly's multi score was down to 1000 (this was not confirmed since I only ran it once) and now it is back at the normal 1300.
Issues worth mentioning:
Still having problems with the screenshots, the first time you take one fails, the next one is OK. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Anyone else have any other findings for ginkgo?
yes, it is rather difficult to make a screenshot. And so, everything is as you say.

What's, that? Time traveling? It's one of hundred fails miui 12.5 have.

For redmi note 8 there's a poor ram manage, just 2 apps in background, more than 2 apps will close, can you fix it please?

Something which I have noticed has still not been corrected is within the File Manager app.
Under the Recents tab, the date is not updated, therefore files are NOT in the correct (Recent) chronological order.
Under Storage, If you go to the specific folder, the file date is correctly recorded, and its corresponding folder is placed in the correct order.

For instance, I have just updated a document file. I look for it under Recents, and it appears as 30/12/2020, and is placed accordingly.
I go to Storage, and the Documents folder is at the top of the (date sorted) list, and going into the folder, the files are date sorted with the file correctly at the top of the list. New files seem to be correctly placed in their chronological order.

[Edit: also put into the Bugs section]

Last edited:
For redmi note 8 there's a poor ram manage, just 2 apps in background, more than 2 apps will close, can you fix it please?
Have you looked at your own settings?
If that doesn't sort it, perhaps you should try a Factory reset.

Maybe this is Device depending.
On my Mi9 i have also the problem with Pin request on Alarm. Really anoying :(

Also having the WiFi "Bug". Sometimes Internet trough WiFi is not working. I have to disable/enable Wlan to get it working again. Trying several workarounds right now (Wifi 802.11 n+ac to 802.11 a+n, disable 5Ghz, 5Ghz on fixed Channel 36...).

I can confirm both issues on Mi Note 10.

Hi. The custom messenger chat circles are very slow and buggy, how can I change it back to original circles?

Hello, when I have the beta version on it, many apps crash and after restarting the system goes into boot loop and ends in Miui recovery

Hello, when I have the beta version on it, many apps crash and after restarting the system goes into boot loop and ends in Miui recovery
Could you provide some more info?
Phone model
Settings that may do this
If you used to have an older android version
Do you have lucky patcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.