MIUI 12.5 21.1.27/28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I flash this rom with TWRP 3.4.2b-0623 (xeu 20.10.22) without boot new twrp from fastboot mode? Mi 10 umi.
No. Do not try to flash 3.4.2 0623. The bootloader is different and you might push your phone to bootloop.
You can tray to boot it through. It should work that way.
But, I suggest you to download 3.4.2.1206 and use it. It is almost the same as 0623, but is proven to work with A11 ROMs.

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

No. Do not try to flash 3.4.2 0623. The bootloader is different and you might push your phone to bootloop.
You can tray to boot it through. It should work that way.
But, I suggest you to download 3.4.2.1206 and use it. It is almost the same as 0623, but is proven to work with A11 ROMs.

Or just use an external USB Drive and boot straight into the bundled TWRP (in case of an update) :)

Yes I realised the problem too, but the erorr come from the china rom. Until its not fixed there it will not work at the Xiaom Eu rom.

Thanks for the reply. I used to use the newest stable china ROM but did not encounter this problem. Is it a bug of the development ROM only?

Or just use an external USB Drive and boot straight into the bundled TWRP (in case of an update) :)
Yes, he can do that as an alternative.
But not many users bother with buying an OTG drive.
I assumed he didn't have one either.
;)

Reactions: Piooo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-29-22-56-33-097_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-29-22-56-33-097_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 273
Mi11

1 - sound & notifications
1.1 - Menu voice is in English and not in Italian (check also other languages)
1.2 - Sound section: if miui alarm is disabled and a 3rd party app is installed, clicking on alarm button does nothing. Please note that if instead you go to settings/wallpaper the button alarm down at the bottom works.
1.3 - Sound effects section: first option is all in chinese.

2 - Control center if you long press on Nest Mini box it crashes

3 - Miui Alarm
3.1 - If an alarm is set there is an alarm icon in the notification bar on the top right BUT there's no way to see at what time the alarm is set when pulling down notifications. On the lockscreen or on the AOD there's no sign of an alarm and at what time it is set.
3.2 - When an alarm fires off while using the phone, in the notification there's no snooze option, only dismiss.

4 - Miui dialer: when pulling up the dialerpad, there's no input box on top of numbers, you need to type at least one number to show bit.

Reactions: Ryoma
hi i've 21.1.13 on my mi10 i want update to latest version i've tried the twrp here, but in any case i can see internal storage how can solve it?
twrp does not want to decrypt my data, my device is mi 10
This is a known issue, specifically for the Mi 10 (umi). The TWRP that is with the weekly ROMs does not decrypt your data. Therefore you are limited as to what can be done with this, for instance, installing a new weekly ROM can be done through USB-OTG. This is putting the ROM onto a USB memory stick, and plugging it into the Type C socket, and changing the storage source during the install process.

Alternatively (you need to be very familiar with the Fastboot process for this), you can BOOT ONLY into another version of TWRP.
This is version 3.4.2b-1206 - here is the link. The Fastboot command is:
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img

But, DO REMEMBER - this is only for booting (temporary). DO NOT FLASH this version of TWRP.
This decrypts and gives access to all of the basic TWRP functions, and will work with a pattern. It takes about 70 seconds to load up. You have to sign in with a pattern, not password. And you have to click a few mms beneath the target.

[Edit: How confusing is this! The version above is a different 3.4.2b-1206 that is now being installed with the weekly ROM. Do not get them confused.]

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Dirty flashed on my mi 9t, everything seems to be good. Weather lw is working too. Battery not draining like on previous builds! Thanks! Keep up the good work.
Could you explain how the weather wp works?

On Mi 9/9T/9T Pro and some other device: Flashing the "persist" partition of your device = Widevine L1 permanently lost...

;)
It's the second week that I don't have L1. Didn't make anything on my phone besides the usual flashing of the ROM like every week. I have to admit that I am on a magisk rooted device. But this issue wasn't a problem at all in the past ROMs. Passed SafetyNet and L1. With Android 11 I have several problems on my Mi9.
I have never flashed the persist partition before! The bug should be elsewhere.

All of you guys that have l3 try delete cache play store play services and Netflix too.
For me working.. I have l3 now i have l1.
Try it
delete cache of
1. play store
2. play services -->(I cant find this name)
3. netflix

I still get L3.
Did you do anything else?

All of you guys that have l3 try delete cache play store play services and Netflix too.
For me working.. I have l3 now i have l1.
Try it
Which device do you have? L3 Problem occurs definitely on MI9pro

Perhaps problem if because device model is now Redmi and not MI9TPro anymore

Last edited:
Wait, RN7 family is losing weekly rom support? When the stable 12.5 rom releases do I just update to it or I have to downgrade to 12 stable?

So I was trying to do a clean install on my Mi 9 SE (grus) and I ended up without Operating System.
Then I flashed the original fastboot rom (V12.0.3.0.QFBMIXM_20201209.0000.00_10.0_global) using Mi Flash and the phone booted up. Of course after that, I had to re-unlock the bootloader in order to flash the twrp. After I flashed it, I copied the ROM zip file to the internal storage and moved it outside of "sdcard" partition, wiped every partiton except vendor, flashed it with no problem at all, and then when I rebooted to system the phone always ended up in recovery. Can't boot. Can anyone help me?
The recovery I used to flash the rom is the latest by geoanto555
Should I flash it using an OTG?
Edit: I flashed the original ROM again, and followed the steps in the first post. Wipe data, cache/dalvik and copy rom to system storage and flash.
Still can't boot. When I reboot it always returns to TWRP...
What can I do?
Any help would be really appreciated!

Last edited:
Which device do you have? L3 Problem occurs definitely on MI9pro

Perhaps problem if because device model is now Redmi and not MI9TPro anymore
Not sure why you would think that, since Mi 9 never had any special Global name and some of its users are also having this issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.