MIUI 12.5 21.1.27/28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Thanks for this amazing release.
But I've found that "Swipe up from corner for Google assistant" gesture still doesn't work just like on the previous versions.
And I can't find any new features in the "Sound and touch" menu except the captive feedback settings are disappeared.
HM K30S Ultra.

Hi,
Thanks for this amazing release.
But I've found that "Swipe up from corner for Google assistant" gesture still doesn't work just like on the previous versions.
And I can't find any new features in the "Sound and touch" menu except the captive feedback settings are disappeared.
HM K30S Ultra.
View attachment 34541
Hi on redmi k30 pro/poco f2 pro swipe up for google assistant worked on previous and on this version also.
New feature for Sound and feedback is available only for few models.

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

UMI: Notifications on multimedia apps are still NOT working. Notification while playing in Spotify, Youtube Vanced, Poweramp, etc don't show, so you can't skip tracks, stop or pause
Strange. I have just tried some multimedia apps on my Mi 10 (umi) and they all seem to be appearing correctly (with their controls) on the notification bar. I have tried Music, Music player, JetAudio, Recorder. Unfortunately I do not use the same apps as you.

I've actually tried without success.
Basically Ive managed to get that twrp working (latest Lr team) to install this beta but then I got stuck into a recovery loop.
The only way out was downgrading back to latest stable miui12 release. If anyone was able to got this beta running for mi 10 let us know!
Thank you for your work regardless
I have a mi 10 (and some other people too) running the latest version. Um, I have a few questions:
1)Do you have Lucky Pacther?
2)Did you flash (fastboot flash) instead of booting (fastboot boot recovery.img) into the new twrp?
3)I see you went back in stable. Did you format data and factory reset the phone before coming to beta (it might be a good idea to do it also after you flash the beta for the first time)
4)Did you delete magisk and its modules before updating?
5)Did you delete the package cache folder after updating?

Is there really nothing i can do about ui animations lag? Its like 24 fps? I did a clean flash like 2 weeks ago and it cant get that laggy already.

I have a mi 10 (and some other people too) running the latest version. Um, I have a few questions:
2)Did you flash (fastboot flash) instead of booting (fastboot boot recovery.img) into the new twrp?
3)I see you went back in stable. Did you format data and factory reset the phone before coming to beta (it might be a good idea to do it also after you flash the beta for the first time)

What do you expect? Please dont spam…

Can I flash this rom with TWRP 3.4.2b-0623 (xeu 20.10.22) without boot new twrp from fastboot mode? Mi 10 umi.
I've actually tried without success.
Basically Ive managed to get that twrp working (latest Lr team) to install this beta but then I got stuck into a recovery loop.
The only way out was downgrading back to latest stable miui12 release. If anyone was able to got this beta running for mi 10 let us know!
Thank you for your work regardless
You have to be aware that there are issues with the Mi 10 (umi) and TWRP. If you want to decrypt with TWRP, then you can only BOOT that version of TWRP. You should avoid flashing any version of TWRP with Mi 10 (umi).

Therefore - in order to decrypt with TWRP on your Mi 10, you should only BOOT through Fastboot with, for instance, 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP, using the Fastboot command:
fastboot boot TWRP_umi.img
This allows you to temporarily use this TWRP for booting. Once you leave this version, it goes from memory.
This decrypts and gives access to all of the basic TWRP functions, and will work with a pattern. It takes about 70 seconds to load up. You have to sign in with a pattern, not password. And you have to click a few mms beneath the target.

Sounds and notifications are still not opening in settings. Find attached the log:

Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettingsActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.settings.dndmode.Alarm$DaysOfWeek.getCoded()' on a null object reference
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:663)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47)
    at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:67)
    at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)
    at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:52)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:249)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:134)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:313)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.settings.dndmode.Alarm$DaysOfWeek.getCoded()' on a null object reference
    at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettings.refreshZenRuleSettings(Unknown Source:108)
    at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettings.onCreate(Unknown Source:308)
    at android.app.Fragment.performCreate(Unknown Source:13)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(Unknown Source:359)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.addAddedFragments(Unknown Source:46)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOpsTogether(Unknown Source:129)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.removeRedundantOperationsAndExecute(Unknown Source:99)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(Unknown Source:21)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executePendingTransactions(Unknown Source:0)
    at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.switchToFragment(Unknown Source:199)
    at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.launchSettingFragment(Unknown Source:35)
    at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:249)
    at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettingsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:0)
    at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:81)
    at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:399)
    ... 11 more

Last edited by a moderator:
Weather SuperWallpaper has some issues on Mi 10 Ultra.

On AOD it always shows sun and date is mm/dd instead of dd/mm that I have selected

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alexbo
Would downgrading to latest stable work for me without problems? (That build is also android 11) tucana.
I don't think so because it's a lower version than beta.
I also have Tucana and plan to go to stable, but waiting for a fixed stable, on the actual Safetynet, Google Pay and Widevine L1 not working...

I don't think so because it's a lower version than beta.
I also have Tucana and plan to go to stable, but waiting for a fixed stable, on the actual Safetynet, Google Pay and Widevine L1 not working...
Im talking about doing a clean flash. Safetynet doesnt work on that stable??

On Poco F2 Pro, the weather wallpaper always display sunny weather. Does anybody know a fix for it?

1) no never used nor installed
2) I've flashed and then booted. Decrypt worked too.
3) no I haven't formatted actually. I've assumed since it is the same android version i didn't needed it. Did they changed partition layout from miui12 to miui12.5? Since I don't want to root, every time I format data it's a pain to restore all my data
4) never rooted. I don't need it
5) yes . I'm assuming it is the /data/system/packages_cache
Thank you for your answer.

I don't know if it's a bug, cause I am new on 12.5, but when I get email notifications, I was used to slide down notification with one finger, in this version I need to point one finger on it and the other to slide it down.
Is this normal?
It's not a bug.
Slide down with 2 fingers on the notification

Reactions: Putti and gkalen
What do you expect? Please dont spam…
I don't think he was spamming.
He was asking the other guy these questions so he could pinpoint why the latest ROM does work on his device.
Since he also uses same device but it boots fine

Sounds and notifications are still not opening in settings. Find attached the log:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettingsActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.settings.dndmode.Alarm$DaysOfWeek.getCoded()' on a null object reference at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:663) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47) at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:67) at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77) at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:52) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19) at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:249) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:134) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:313) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.settings.dndmode.Alarm$DaysOfWeek.getCoded()' on a null object reference at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettings.refreshZenRuleSettings(Unknown Source:108) at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettings.onCreate(Unknown Source:308) at android.app.Fragment.performCreate(Unknown Source:13) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(Unknown Source:359) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.addAddedFragments(Unknown Source:46) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOpsTogether(Unknown Source:129) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.removeRedundantOperationsAndExecute(Unknown Source:99) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(Unknown Source:21) at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executePendingTransactions(Unknown Source:0) at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.switchToFragment(Unknown Source:199) at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.launchSettingFragment(Unknown Source:35) at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:249) at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettingsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:0) at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:81) at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1) at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3) at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:399) ... 11 more
This is due to restoring backup from Xiaomi cloud, which conflicts with the DND schedule. I think clean flash and not restoring Settings is the way to fix it.

Im talking about doing a clean flash. Safetynet doesnt work on that stable??
You would need to research about whichever stable you are thinking about under its corresponding thread. It would anyway typically need to be a 'clean' install, going from weekly ROM to stable ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicolasminote10
Status
Not open for further replies.