MIUI 12.5 21.1.6/7

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have had the same problem i solved to flash every rom update the decrypt zip too works for me
Can you better explain please. Because many of us are stuck in Fastboot mode or in the recovery after the ROM installation.

First it would be good if you describe what you did, which twrp version(s) and phone model…
Phone model is in my signature (MI9SE).
As per specific instructions for my model:
WARNING FOR Mi 9 SE: After Android 11 update reboot to recovery causes reboot to Fastboot mode - TWRP disappears after update. To do update, boot your TWRP from fastboot mode, flash ROM and reboot to system.
... i booted into twrp to proceed flashing the rom but TWRP did not ask me to decrypt my storage.
Tried both TWRP 3.2.3 and TWRP 3.4.0 (redispade)

I always have dark mode enabled and usually, nearly all apps are in dark mode, too. Since this build, system apps are dark, but the ones I installed from PlayStore are bright, although they're selected for dark mode in the corresponding settings.

Nobody else seems to have this problem? Haven't read about it in this thread so far... Any suggestions what to do to come back to full dark mode or is it a bug in this release?

I'm with lmi / Poco F2 Pro.

If somebody is experiencing the same issue, toggling dark mode in settings and toggling it back did the trick ☺️!

Reactions: katerpanne
Mi9 SE here:
So far tried as it is written in the 1st post under WARNING FOR Mi 9 SE:

Fastboot start recovery
Handy starts in recovery
I have to decrypt my memory as always
then I flash the rom with no errors displayed
then I press restart into the system ...

And then nothing else,
it restarts and goes straight back into recovery, every time the phone is started
I've already tried 3 different TWRPs and always got the same result.
Besides The 3.5.0_10 TWRP doesn't work for me because this version doesn't even let me decrypt the memory.

Factory reset doesn't change anything either, even tried that with several twrp's.

I also tried to flash the older Rom version from 28.12.2020 again with all 3 twrp's, without success, the mobile phone only boots into recovery although it ran without problems before....

I even tried flashing the vbmeta.img of the rom again with:
"fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img"
because I read it could help to break the bootloop and that didn't help either.

Are there still people here where the Mi9 SE runs with the latest version or does the version just generally not work?

Last edited:
Reactions: alexabo
Guys, TWRP did not ask me to decrypt my storage. How do I do so?
Me too.
I have an Redmi Note 8 with OrangeFox Recovery. Flashing the ROM works, but the Recovery did not prompt me to decrypt my storage, unlike previous versions.
In the log, there were also errors about Error Opening: [Some directory].

Update dirty flash OK with MI 9 and for my MI 10T Need reboot for Wi-Fi and data work after magisk installed.

I am using Mi 10 (Umi)

I updated to v21.1.6 and everything works fine, but updater show me new update (21.1.6). v2 is realesed? or updater problem?

You tried clean install and it helped to fix the issue? Or you only think that it should?
Y i did for the previous room, clean install and i worked
Not i did dirty flash over it and it stopped working

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

MI 9T pro, after flash on thi weekly rom, my MI 9T pro cant reboot in system. I needed flash previous rom. 21.1.6 dont work

For MI9 SE user.

for more than 8 hours I tried to install the ROM and each time all went well until the reboot. Blocked either in the recovery or in Fasboot.

Finally I managed to reboot the phone correctly using this method.

- Remove the PIN code and fingerprint
- install the ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_20.12.28_v12-11.zip in the phone :

- Install this TWRP twrp-3.4.0-2-grus-redispade.img in fasboot :

- Boot TWRP via Fastboot
- Factory Reset in the TWRP
- Install the ROM

- Once the rom is well installed choose Boot to System. The phone will restart but in the basic recovery.

- You have to select wipe Data and then Boot to system.

And normally the phone will restart normally with the Miui Logo.
You will have to wait between 15mn and 20mn before the configuration part.

Voila!

And do you mind sharing this information?

PS: RN8 Bluetooth absolute volume is fixed and working finally. There might be other changes to Bluetooth with A11.
here it feels snappier again... (Apps starting faster)
"Camera unavailable" still in signal app.
WiFi seems to be fixed somehow. At least my downloads via browser are faster now.

But didn't find a real changelog though.

here it feels snappier again... (Apps starting faster)
"Camera unavailable" still in signal app.
WiFi seems to be fixed somehow. At least my downloads via browser are faster now.

But didn't find a real changelog though.
Yes, Wifi and BT seem improved. Did you install the second upload of the weekly? Do you have any SafetyNet issues? Mine passes the test and my banking app works, I still don't know the details why the second release was uploaded apart from that.

Mi9 SE here:
So far tried as it is written in the 1st post under WARNING FOR Mi 9 SE:

Fastboot start recovery
Handy starts in recovery
I have to decrypt my memory as always
then I flash the rom with no errors displayed
then I press restart into the system ...

And then nothing else,
it restarts and goes straight back into recovery, every time the phone is started
I've already tried 3 different TWRPs and always got the same result.
Besides The 3.5.0_10 TWRP doesn't work for me because this version doesn't even let me decrypt the memory.

Factory reset doesn't change anything either, even tried that with several twrp's.

I also tried to flash the older Rom version from 28.12.2020 again with all 3 twrp's, without success, the mobile phone only boots into recovery although it ran without problems before....

I even tried flashing the vbmeta.img of the rom again with:
"fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img"
because I read it could help to break the bootloop and that didn't help either.

Are there still people here where the Mi9 SE runs with the latest version or does the version just generally not work?
look at my post https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-1-6-7.59279/post-583008

Status
Not open for further replies.