MIUI 12.5 21.1.6/7

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, thanks, I can confirm that it works. Just i updated also magisk to 21.2 and I get error while trying to download the API saftynet. It looks like it doesn't connect to the server.

Try again, just installed it on a secound phone and it was downloading. Sometimes you have to wait a little bit. You can download this tests from playstore as well. On MI9 & Mi10 its working fine

Last edited:
doesn't work :( I've heard only locking the bl would work since Google changed their stuff...
No no, if bootloader is locked then you'll ~not be able to use xiaomi eu roms or twrps. I'd like to describe you the proccess, but currently I don't have much time and it would take me ~half an hour..

Just an update about battery usage:
Phone left about 8hours not used with airplane mode on and wifi off. It ~didn't lose a single percent of battery! (I think other times it was losing ~1-2%, haha.)

Reactions: poedelpcs
A suggestion is to do a Factory reset. From within TWRP you will probably keep all of your files; from within settings, everything will go.
As you set apps up, monitor things like autostart, notifications, lock screen settings, always-on display, full screen, etc - all of the little system settings that could be tweeked to help reduce background services operating. Look what Battery saver, and Ultra battery saver do. Maybe you can use apply some of their methods?
Hello, thank you for a suggestion and kind reply! I did a format data on twrp before the installing, this factory reset is different ? And also the settings are the same actually, I did not change anything. I am wondering what this " Android Core Apps '" is. I could not figure out and it keeps draining the battery, really annoying

I am using Mi10pro and currently I have a battery drain problem. When I check the power usage, I saw that most of the battery is drained by Android Core Apps. I did not have any drain problems before miui12.5 update(Last week). I installed this rom and still have the same problem. Also did a clean install. Is there anything else I can do to stop this draining problem. If anyone else having this problem and knows any solution, please help me.
Thank you in advance!
Me too

Hi thanks in advance fir this software. My MiNote8 is working with this new 12.5...but in not android 10...is android 11.
Some problems:
Camera is not working with SIGNAL.
Speed net whowed up only info en Bytes not in Kb.

Thanks a lot.
Juaco

@mankokoma Thanks for the summary! I noticed as with one of the previous versions to get it back to being quick and fluid takes some time on a charger with full battery and a restart or two maybe.
My observations for Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo):

The update installs and runs well after a dirty flash with the TWRP from @geoanto555 and @gkalen
Widevine is L3 as to be expected with A11 update.
There is a message about Xiaomi SIM activation service that pops up frequently if you are in Settings
I had my static wallpaper disappear a few times for no reason.
Google Assistant corner gesture seems to not work, just shows the animation and nothing, I will look into fixing that if it is not a ROM bug later, I have disabled it for now.
Left the phone alone on the charger for the night to finish the update and now the RAM usage is the same as with A10.
The kernel is changed from .177 to .190
There is Sound Assistant now which I think was missing before.
It is A11 (obviously).
Let me and everyone know if you find something else out.

Reactions: gkalen
I also miss the ota update app App for a wile on my mi 9
did you stop too supply it??
i just made a dirty uppdate and it seems to reakt a little slower than 20.12.30 but it works without problems.
thank you

@mankokoma Thanks for the summary! I noticed as with one of the previous versions to get it back to being quick and fluid takes some time on a charger with full battery and a restart or two maybe.
My observations for Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo):

The update installs and runs well after a dirty flash with the TWRP from @geoanto555 and @gkalen
Widevine is L3 as to be expected with A11 update.
There is a message about Xiaomi SIM activation service that pops up frequently if you are in Settings
I had my static wallpaper disappear a few times for no reason.
Google Assistant corner gesture seems to not work, just shows the animation and nothing, I will look into fixing that if it is not a ROM bug later, I have disabled it for now.
Left the phone alone on the charger for the night to finish the update and now the RAM usage is the same as with A10.
The kernel is changed from .177 to .190
There is Sound Assistant now which I think was missing before.
It is A11 (obviously).
Let me and everyone know if you find something else out.
It seems it is not L3 on all devices, mine is L1
Mi 10 pro
27ff41ee1e4de4bfa85ddb26ae51de30.jpg

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Hello, thank you for a suggestion and kind reply! I did a format data on twrp before the installing, this factory reset is different ? And also the settings are the same actually, I did not change anything. I am wondering what this " Android Core Apps '" is. I could not figure out and it keeps draining the battery, really annoying

From FAQs on the official TWRP website:
"If you're installing a nightly [or weekly] update, then oftentimes you don't need to wipe anything at all. However, if you encounter strange behavior, then you may want to consider performing a factory reset."

I just keep getting loopin , format data , reboot to recovery put rom in phone flash and after flashing is done ,phone goes back to recovery, Poco F2 pro
I am on V12.0.8.0.QJKCNXM.. I was also try stock _V12.0.1.0.QJKMIXM its the same, always goes back to twrp

I just keep getting loopin , format data , reboot to recovery put rom in phone flash and after flashing is done ,phone goes back to recovery, Poco F2 pro
I am on V12.0.8.0.QJKCNXM.. I was also try stock _V12.0.1.0.QJKMIXM its the same, always goes back to twrp
Are you sure to "Format Data" (in "Wipe" menu => "Format Data" button)?
If yes, what TWRP version do you use?

oh the updater app is back.
i found it thank you. and the feeling the handling is slower after the update was wrong it got normal now.
Thank you for your hard work
Mi9

Seems that i have resolved my problems with mi9 SE.
I write "seems" because i have finished now to make operations, try to reboot to recovery, and reboot systems and until now works.
Are days and days without resolve problems, turning on the phone was every time in bootloop, need try many and many times.
First, i cancelled pin, fingerprint, face recognising, everything and never put it again.
At the beginning i have last official twrp, but is not possible to flash room because cannot see the firmware from recovery, format data not resolve problems for me.
Second, i flash twrp-3.4.0-2 redispade from fastboot, then "fastboot boot twrp...".
I wait and will see, the thing that i want to know, is if when a new weekly firmware will be available, i have to repeat every time "boot your TWRP from fastboot mode, flash ROM and reboot to system. ".
Still no lucky, after flashing last Beta phone (Mi9SE) boots to fastboot...

Are you sure to "Format Data" (in "Wipe" menu => "Format Data" button)?
If yes, what TWRP version do you use?
yes , when I flash Twrp . I go to wipe -- format data , type YES .. done , then I reboot to recovery again. and put ROM in phone, downloaded twice , check also that, flash rom without problem, and when I press reboot phone restart ,show start logo and after that comes another restart and enter to twrp... wont boot system.

twrp that I use is TWRP-3.4.2b-1206

I downloading to try previous version 20.12.29

never have this problem... use this rom almost a year ,this is a first time that I can not boot

Have you tried a Factory reset from within TWRP?
[Edit: Wipe / Swipe to Factory Reset]

Reactions: silverstream
Still no lucky, after flashing last Beta phone (Mi9SE) boots to fastboot...
I could not solve the problem neither. I restarted this morning and found that twrp-3.5.0_9-0-grus-teamwin.img can be a solution because I can reboot in recovery with this (with others only to fastboot). The problem is that this version did not request a pattern to unlock and the sdcard is not decrypted (just files and folders with random letters) and I can not copy the ROM to install. How should I recover the normal file structure in order to reach sdcard to copy the ROM to flash?

I could not solve the problem neither. I restarted this morning and found that twrp-3.5.0_9-0-grus-teamwin.img can be a solution because I can reboot in recovery with this (with others only to fastboot). The problem is that this version did not request a pattern to unlock and the sdcard is not decrypted (just files and folders with random letters) and I can not copy the ROM to install. How should I recover the normal file structure in order to reach sdcard to copy the ROM to flash?
If latest Official TWRP can't decrypt /data partition, you have to wait for a new Official TWRP version. :(
If you want to install a ROM (and Magisk), you should try to use USB-OTG device. :)

Reactions: katerpanne
If latest Official TWRP can't decrypt /data partition, you have to wait for a new Official TWRP version. :(
If you want to install a ROM (and Magisk), you should try to use USB-OTG device. :)
how do I install previous version? it was work.. I use 20.12.29
I dont know how to use USB -OTG device never do this before

Status
Not open for further replies.