MIUI 12.5 21.1.6/7

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys. Downloaded package won't install. Can't press on "Yes" button. I guess it's a bug of "20.12.30" version. I downloaded "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20ProMI9TPro_21.1.6_v12-11.zip" package and copied it to my phone storage. How can i install it with TWRP without wipe or loss any data?
Install ROM (zip file) in TWRP and wipe Dalvik & Cache at the end, that's dirty flashing way. ;)

mi9 5ghz wifi issue, started noticing last week when the wifi connection would drop silently. Only way to recover is to re-toggle wifi on the phone. Only started noticing this issue after update to 12.5, happens several times throughout the day. Using tplink meshwifi at home.

Hi Guys,

I'm on MIUI12.3 (20.12.10) and the OTA shows this update (21.1.6/7). Is it okay if i just update it using the OTA update or should i flash this rom again?
Device - Mi9T

Redmi Note 8 has some strange behaviors on Android 11. Battery drain, works slow, not optimized at all. Status bar and visual effects are also a problem.
Not to mention the encryption problem with TWRP. We can only hope that MIUI 12.5 will correct all these shortcomings.
Although I don't hope too much because newer updates actually make the situation worse. Especially with Xiaomi when it comes to Android upgrades always make a mess. I don't know why that is but i use Xiaomi since 2014 always the same story.
I realized that I should stay on that stable version where everything works properly, and ignore the updates.
For all those interested in a stable release for this phone it's MIUI 12.02.2 by xiaomi.eu based on android 10.

Direct link:
Everything here works as you expect!

To clarify this explanation of mine has nothing to do with xiaomi.eu they always made extraordinary ROMs!
Many thanks to xiaomi.eu for providing us the best systems for Xiaomi phones for years! A hundred times better than any official rom!
redmi note 8 gingko
I also disagree with you in some points. You can't expect the first release of a master OS upgrade to run as expected. You think it's Xiaomi mess? Yea, maybe it is, but use Samsung or Motorola devices then. its boring and always perfect and totally jailed then. Have fun!
After a few days of using the last updated beta, everything works good and the database of the battery udage section has to collect infos. Now battery life is as good as before. Can't see any difference.

I can see only TWO annoying things:
I have a black screen for one and half seconds when starting an app (feels like eternally eternaty - cry) and there's the 'dialer and contacts using clipboard' toast thing (can't find any setting for dialer and contacts, so I can't change that).
But that's all.
Beside this there IS a TWRP which works well - I posted the link several times meanwhile.
And if nothing is good anymore - e.g. EOL of my note 5 whyred I changed to lineage17 as remote for Netflix and vlc to the chromecast and still have TONS of fun with that "Xiaomi mess".

Can somebody confirm with a mi 10 (umi) that the new "unstable" twrp is coming with the new rom? Or is it only me? I think I ~only booted into the new twrp, not flash it. Hmm. Is it maybe that I made a nandroid backup and copied the log to internal storage?

Mi 9 . Google Maps doesn't work, crashes after open. So now I have got Huawei?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-13-21-41-00-516_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-13-21-41-00-516_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 221
About floating windows, it's possible to disable them ?

I really hate this floating WhatsApp window...

I didn't find any place at configuration to disable them

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: renedourado
Mi 9 . Google Maps doesn't work, crashes after open. So now I have got Huawei?
In my mi9 is working fine.

Have you tried to delete data for maps ? Or/and the play store.
Time ago this was a way to fix it

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

Can somebody confirm with a mi 10 (umi) that the new "unstable" twrp is coming with the new rom? Or is it only me? I think I ~only booted into the new twrp, not flash it. Hmm. Is it maybe that I made a nandroid backup and copied the log to internal storage?
The version of TWRP that is with the current ROMs is version 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333). It is completely stable for the Mi 10 (umi). However, because it is based on an earlier TWRP, it cannot decrypt your data. This should be allowed to stay permanently in the recovery partition. Do NOT flash any other TWRP into the recovery partition. This version of TWRP can be used for USB-OTG for installations.

There are two later versions of TWRP, 3.4.2b-0623 & 3.4.2b-1026. These must NOT be flashed. They can, however, both be booted into temporarily without causing problems. These can both decrypt your data, and are decrypted by a pattern access, not a password.

You can read more about the Mi 10 (umi) here.

[Edit: Doh - just realised who you are. I didn't look at the name! ;) ]

Last edited:
Hi, since Miui 12 with my Mi 9 I have strange behavior with the wireless charging. Sometimes the phone constantly wakes up every 5 minutes as if he was stopping charging, then immediately charges again. Also happens with my car charger. Don't know if it is hardware or software.

someone please help me, i'm using Mi 10 : I installed it successfully 12.1.6, but then TWRP can't decrypt stogare, so how can I encrypt without having to format data, every update if format data then loses all my data

someone please help me, i'm using Mi 10 : I installed it successfully 12.1.6, but then TWRP can't decrypt stogare, so how can I encrypt without having to format data, every update if format data then loses all my data
boot to system then backup data with titanium or something, then clean install and restore your apps+data.
i made this trick it helped me, but titanium is unstable, better to find another backup app. migrate maybe.

Use always "fastboot boot twrp.img" from pc dont use "poweron & volume+"

The version of TWRP that is with the current ROMs is version 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333). It is completely stable for the Mi 10 (umi). However, because it is based on an earlier TWRP, it cannot decrypt your data. This should be allowed to stay permanently in the recovery partition. Do NOT flash any other TWRP into the recovery partition. This version of TWRP can be used for USB-OTG for installations.

There are two later versions of TWRP, 3.4.2b-0623 & 3.4.2b-1026. These must NOT be flashed. They can, however, both be booted into temporarily without causing problems. These can both decrypt your data, and are decrypted by a pattern access, not a password.

You can read more about the Mi 10 (umi) here.

[Edit: Doh - just realised who you are. I didn't look at the name! ;) ]
Haha, tnx for explanation, once again! Welp, somehow I flashed the new one. But it ~can't perform any action (~only the reboot sectionmight work). Soo, tnx, ~gonna flash the old one as my phone might be a time bomb now.

If I want to go from xiaomi.eu stable to this weekly and want format data in process, what would be the best backup option? I want to backup all the data with photos etc. not only apps. So can I do TWRP backup, store externaly, format data, put new rom and copy TWRP backup back and restore? What will happen if TWRP will be different version from which backup was made with? Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.