MIUI 12.6 21.10.20/22

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i did a factory reset, but then it boot into TWRP which obviously does not work in android12 (ie frozen screen). so i have to force a reboot which then the phone boot back into normal (with data intact)

i might need more helps on how to downgrade to 11, as 12 is just too buggy
thanks
use stock rom, flash with mi flash, boot into twrp not flash, install xiaomi.eu rom a11, only one solution… but I think its the best way

hy
it would be possible to have the rom 21.10.22 by fastboot
because i am not too twrp moreover when restarting to flash
the zip this chinese sen not in english
Once you are in TWRP recovery, if you can't read Chinese, go to Settings (3rd of second column) -> Language (the world icon), choose English

which phone do you use? all .22 roms are fastboot

Last edited:
Well, the SIM trick seems to have worked!
Why? Don't ask me. I guess it has issues initializing the service or something of the kind? But well, to anyone having the issue of the screen flashing on the lock screen on their MI 11 Ultra after flashing to this ROM.... Thats how you fix it for now, at least.

Glad my issue and weird fix helped someone xd

Reactions: Zaffy

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-27-11-01-27-065_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-27-11-01-27-065_com.android.settings.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 225
Mi11, can not download attachments in Gmail, Mi Video instant crash
Same happens to me, if you ever find a solution, tag me.
All permissions were granted and everything was reinstalled (Gmail, pdf app, image viewer, text reader). Still failing.

Same happens to me, if you ever find a solution, tag me.
All permissions were granted and everything was reinstalled (Gmail, pdf app, image viewer, text reader). Still failing.
It seems to be a problem with the defaul app selection : when you try to open a file and you have multiple apps for the job than the UI ask you witch one to use , in this beta it doesn't !
I had the same problem , but in system mail app , and I deleted other office apps and let the ones in UI , first time I opened a file saved on device ( not in mail ) , and after that it works, also ,directly from mail
I hope it will help you !

Reactions: katerpanne
hi guys thanks for your hard work !

one question : which changes did you notice on use with android 12? notification change but what else? (im using nova luncher)

I use a Mi 11 Ultra. I was on weekly ROM and upgraded it to 21.10.20 version. The overall installation process was super smooth. I did not wipe data and did not encounter any of the issues reported in OP (Post 2 - Changelog).

For folks wondering how to get Magisk working. All you need to do is to flash patched boot image via Fastboot. I took the boot.img file from this rom itself (it is there in images folder) and patched it using Magisk App. Once this was done, I copied the patched boot image file to my laptop and I rebooted the phone into Fastboot mode and executed the following commands in the order as it is mentioned below -

fastboot %* set_active a
fastboot %* flash boot_ab images\boot.img (replace "images\boot.img" with the actual path where the patched boot image file is placed
fastboot %* set_active a
fastboot %* reboot
do i need to give command set_active a both times? isnt slot a active allready?

I have 11 pro

Last edited:
The same shakiness problem with zoom video in Mi 11 ultra continues.
Is it possible to downgrade to stable? All betas for a long time ago with same problem. Will It be fixed?
Thanks.

i have the same problem on Windows 11 ,the .bat isn't responding, showing black screen.
I had the same Problem. As Igor Eisberg mentioned it is a driver issue.
Following solves the issue (on my side):

Device Manager -> Choose your Phone ("Android Device" on my win11) -> right click -> properties -> driver -> update driver -> search on my computer -> choose from a list -> Android Device -> "Android Composite ABD Interface"

Then you can run the .bat and it will not be blackscreen anymore.

You might need to install Android drivers first.

Hope it helps. :)

I had the same Problem. As Igor Eisberg mentioned it is a driver issue.
Following solves the issue (on my side):

Device Manager -> Choose your Phone ("Android Device" on my win11) -> right click -> properties -> driver -> update driver -> search on my computer -> choose from a list -> Android Device -> "Android Composite ABD Interface"

Then you can run the .bat and it will not be blackscreen anymore.

You might need to install Android drivers first.

Hope it helps. :)

Before following this procedure I disabled the signatures of the drivers...
And everything works for my devices with windows 11 and fastboot mode ;)

Mi11 has problems with fast charging. Of all the chargers I have around only one works and charges the phone (slowly but at a reasonable speed). The other ones some show "fast charging" none shows "mi turbo charge" and even with the fast charge the barely charge more than the phone consumes idle.

I guess this is A12 bug or something.

The latest Android 12 beta always displays a white ring around the selfie camera when it's active (for security reasons?). The ring is too close to the camera which results in pictures that have a strange halo around them, it looks like an ugly filter.

I've added a screenshot what it looks like, however the white ring around the camera isn't visible in the screenshot.

(Picture was taken with a Poco F3/Redmi K40)
I already reported this and other users agreed. I don't know why a staff member like @Igor Eisberg cannot sinply confirm/tick this. Maybe it's too cool to repeat a bug every five sites... i don't know

FYI it's not about security. Its about the tiny punch hole around our devices. To avoid light pollution on front cam Xiaomi devs simply programmed a black circle around the cam, so that no display light can disturb the cam. But on android 12 they forgot to force the black circle in dark mode. So it turns to white in dark mode.

@VincAlastor I'm not planning on reading 18 pages when I find a bug just to make sure it hasn't been reported already to make people like you happy. When I find a bug, I'll just post it instead of being quiet.

Anyway: you seem to be right, only in dark mode the ring appears, also in 21.10.22.

Now on this version with the MI 11. Two problems: when the brightness is not at the highest setting the screen is flashing every 3/4 seconds.
It looks like a very short dip to a lower brightness.

Reboot didn't help and in the last version of Android 11 i didn't had this problem.

Also have the problem that Whatsapp doesn't recognize my contacts. I have to close and reopen Whatsapp and 10 seconds later it recognize my contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.