Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidenz

Members
Dec 18, 2020
Just flashed on my Mi 11.

Terrible issue: screen keeps flickering/flashing on lock screen, preventing me from unlocking it at all. After a few flickers, it reboots itself.
I tried rebooting several times and re-flashed, the issue is still here.

I knew I shouldn't have expected a perfectly stable ROM, but my phone is currently unusable. I might have no choice but to downgrade. I did not want to lose my data though..

Choosing the flashing option to wipe data worked. Hard price to get Android 12 though, gotta reinstall everything.

Reactions: Sasch73

geoorg

Members
Sep 28, 2020
Uhh, I ~asked it the wrong way. I meant Nx5 (specifically the 4x5 layout which I was using. Now I'm ~using the 4x6 instead.)
You can use customiuizer and unlock from 3x4 to 10x10

Screenshot_2021-10-22-18-52-24-190_com.miui.home.jpg

Iain_B

Members
Mar 25, 2013
I have also noticed that the notification sounds are still not behaving themselves properly.
I have re-set them, and will see if they start working again.

alipk52

Members
May 29, 2011
[Poco F3] Fastboot upgrade, installation process had no issues.

Bugs:

- Phone randomly hangs for a few seconds before it catches up - all the touches during this time are held and executed once the phone unfreezes
- On boot, keep getting [android.process.acore keeps stopping] - tried clearing all data for Contacts and Dialer app and it didn't fix the problem.
- Waking device sometimes results in a permanent black screen - have to hard restart the phone [vol key + power] to get back in
- Certain apps will just crash on launch, but this might be an Android 12 compatibility issue

Is there a way to downgrade back to the previous version?
Can you please share your procedure to Install this on poco f3? As there are more steps people are sharing such as to edit .bat file via notepad+ and change model like aliothin for 11x, so you also done that or flashed directly via bat file? Many users are reporting failed flash. My variant is Global Poco F3

Paul Johnssen

Members
Oct 18, 2020
How do you deactivate it? Thank youView attachment 39322
Read the first post here where the changelog is.

Known Android 12 issues:
* For some users Wi-Fi issues (randomly disconnect and won't connect back until Wi-Fi is turned off and on again) [Known MIUI China issue]
* Privacy mark on the status bar cannot be turned off [Known MIUI China issue]
* For some users sometimes unlocking device can lead to a blackscreen, turn screen on/off and unlock again will fix it, and sometimes lead to System UI crash [Known MIUI China issue]
* For some users clear recent apps may sometimes lead to soft reboot [Reported by CN users, unaddressed by the development team (UI)]
* For some users SMS app may crash (You can install Textra app as replacement)

Reactions: biscoot and Poney70

Jaybro725

Members
Oct 22, 2021
"There's no fastboot option within the ZIP" because it's a recovery ROM...
Don't know why you're getting a bootloop but we already confirmed with 2 testers that updating with TWRP works fine now.
Working now did a clean install of the old fastboot EU, then flashed TWRP and then updated to the latest EU no idea why i went round in circles so many times...

Fordsierra88

Members
Sep 1, 2021
Thank you for the work.

Mi 11 Ultra

Unfortunately, I can not use it al Daily Driver because the bugs are too much. I will still wait for another update.

Can I just flash back via Miflash and Fastboot mode the old version?

thank you

Moonraise

Members
Oct 23, 2021
Mi 11 Ultra

Updated went smoothly, with just one problem.

My WiFi is completely gone, like the Chip isn't even there. When I try to turn it on, nothing happens.
Any ideas?

Fordsierra88

Members
Sep 1, 2021
Tried installing; failed and now the device can't enter neither fastboot or recovery... Computer won't detect it at all... Any ideas? (Poco F3)
I guess the Poco is in EDL mode. In the device manager in the Windows settings it should say Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. If so, then it is in EDL mode

Fordsierra88

Members
Sep 1, 2021
Mi 11 Ultra

Updated went smoothly, with just one problem.

My WiFi is completely gone, like the Chip isn't even there. When I try to turn it on, nothing happens.
Any ideas?
Did you do a clean install ? I also have the M11 Ultra with the update and wifi works. However, I have other bugs.

Have you already rebooted? Reset the network settings ?

Moonraise

Members
Oct 23, 2021
Did you do a clean install ? I also have the M11 Ultra with the update and wifi works. However, I have other bugs.

Have you already rebooted? Reset the network settings ?
Done all of those.
No clean install yet because I have a lot of data on this phone and use it as my daily driver.

Reactions: Fordsierra88

Fordsierra88

Members
Sep 1, 2021
Done all of those.
No clean install yet because I have a lot of data on this phone and use it as my daily driver.
Except for rebooting and resetting the network settings, I don't know of any other option.

Except a clean install but I can understand not doing it because of the data. Then you have to wait until the next update

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Just updated on my 11 Ultra. Seems smooth but app fault is gone when I swipe on home screen. Only googles useless search.

Possible to enable it again?
Nope, the Search app we've been using so far is super old. It's incompatible with MIUI for Android 12 and just crashes due to outdated code. Newer versions of the MIUI Search app are all powered by online content, cannot be localized and pretty much useless outside of China. We got no alternatives to use on Android 12, just the Google search app.

pittrich67

Members
Dec 29, 2016
Nope, the Search app we've been using so far is super old. It's incompatible with MIUI for Android 12 and just crashes due to outdated code. Newer versions of the MIUI Search app are all powered by online content, cannot be localized and pretty much useless outside of China. We got no alternatives to use on Android 12, just the Google search app.
It is sad that Xiaomi does not quickly provide us with the latest apps with its massive presence outside of China.
The best example is the health app. We will probably never experience that globally.
If we didn't have you Devs who put a lot of work into the "Europeanization" of Chinese apps, we would have to deal with the crippled global derivatives. Thanks for that

Mi 11

Status
Not open for further replies.