MIUI 12.6 21.10.20/22

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed the K20 pro (my device) will not be getting beta builds anymore.

Does this mean that stable versions will still be realeased for it?

I'm sad to see support go as this phone is still super fast, but without xiaomi.eu it's not the same thing.

Anyways, thank you guys for supporting this phone as long as you did, amazing rom.

Just flashed on my Mi 11, waiting to boot, but everything seems fine now. Will update this post when I see some issues which are not mentioned by Igor

Update 1: everything is fine, there is some screen flickering when doing an Antutu benchmark, and as some others sait messaging is not working, but these things are not that dramatic (Who does Antutu benchmarks 24/7 and just switch to google messager)

Update 2: Just installed 21.10.22, and the messaging app now works, and overall seems smoother than last update (settings shows that an update is availble, but just ignore that)

Last edited:
Reactions: jejemc and biscoot
I got an error at the begining of the flash, something like "too many files opened" and stop flashing. I aborted and now my f3 is dead, black screen, not recovery or fastboot. Windows desn't detects anything. Some help would be appreciated.

[Poco F3] Fastboot upgrade, installation process had no issues.

Bugs:

- Phone randomly hangs for a few seconds before it catches up - all the touches during this time are held and executed once the phone unfreezes
- On boot, keep getting [android.process.acore keeps stopping] - tried clearing all data for Contacts and Dialer app and it didn't fix the problem.
- Waking device sometimes results in a permanent black screen - have to hard restart the phone [vol key + power] to get back in
- Certain apps will just crash on launch, but this might be an Android 12 compatibility issue

Is there a way to downgrade back to the previous version?

Magisk for venus in this version how do we put?
Read the post with the changelog.

Because TWRP doesn't work with Android 12, the update needs to be flashed in Fastboot mode. Download the ZIP package, unpack it and run update script (without formatting data if you're moving from Android 11 xiaomi.eu ROM or with format data if you're flashing it first time).

Smooth ride so far on Mi 11 ultra star. Nothing to complain about except for a minor bug in Google keep notes app where the app is slow to navigate and at times unresponsive. Clearing cache and data and reinstalling the app did not help. Nevertheless, such minor issues are part of the beta game I think. Thank you masters.

Mi 11 user here.
I'm afraid to hardbrick my device because:
I can't decrypt my partition. Even if I don't set a security code. I always went the road in twrp, starting where you enter the code: cancel->install->media->sdcard->download->chooseROM.zip

I once tried to redo the whole twrp install BUT I can't format data in twrp as it states "some error occurred".

Just updated on my 11 Ultra. Seems smooth but app fault is gone when I swipe on home screen. Only googles useless search.

Possible to enable it again?

Just flashed on my Mi 11.

Terrible issue: screen keeps flickering/flashing on lock screen, preventing me from unlocking it at all. After a few flickers, it reboots itself.
I tried rebooting several times and re-flashed, the issue is still here.

I knew I shouldn't have expected a perfectly stable ROM, but my phone is currently unusable. I might have no choice but to downgrade. I did not want to lose my data though..

Mi 11 user here.
I'm afraid to hardbrick my device because:
I can't decrypt my partition. Even if I don't set a security code. I always went the road in twrp, starting where you enter the code: cancel->install->media->sdcard->download->chooseROM.zip

I once tried to redo the whole twrp install BUT I can't format data in twrp as it states "some error occurred".
You flash in fastboot, not in recovery. Just read the damn first and second post

How do you deactivate it? Thank you
IMG_20211022_191605.jpg

[Poco F3] Fastboot upgrade, installation process had no issues.
Bugs:
Is there a way to downgrade back to the previous version?
There is never any guarantee that downgrading will be successful as these are beta ROMs. The only real way to guarantee to get back would be to revert to your nandroid backup.
However, if you want to try a downgrade, I would strongly recommend a full nandroid backup first so that you can restore the current version if it is not successful.

Reactions: biscoot and JiaiJ
Just flashed on my Mi 11.

Terrible issue: screen keeps flickering/flashing on lock screen, preventing me from unlocking it at all. After a few flickers, it reboots itself.
I tried rebooting several times and re-flashed, the issue is still here.

I knew I shouldn't have expected a perfectly stable ROM, but my phone is currently unusable. I might have no choice but to downgrade. I did not want to lose my data though..

Choosing the flashing option to wipe data worked. Hard price to get Android 12 though, gotta reinstall everything.

Reactions: Sasch73
Status
Not open for further replies.