MIUI 12.5 21.2.3/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CHANGELOG

System

New - Added switch for enabling/disabling system-wide variable font. Disabling that font should fix most of third party app font issues
Optimization - Updated Android Security Patch to February 2021 [certain devices]
Fix - Changing the text size to XXS/XL/XXL crashed the system [Redmi Note 7]
Fix - Weather super wallpaper was unable to fetch weather data from the Weather app

Control center
New - You can switch between Control center and Notification shade with one swipe [Android 11 devices]

Gallery
Fix - App crashed when swiping through photos [Redmi Note 7]
Fix - App crashed when trying to use "Video effects" in "Recommendations" tab [Redmi Note 7]

Downloads
Fix - Download complete/incomplete notification reappeared once again after being dismissed

Due to Chinese New Year next MIUI update will be released at 25/26 February
Hello! Thanks for the awesome work!
I'm using a Mi9TPro with 21.2.3 but Dual Apps not working :/
When I create the Dual App the phone restart, and when touching the just created Dual App icon in the home screen, nothing happens

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Hello! Thanks for the awesome work!
I'm using a Mi9TPro with 21.2.3 but Dual Apps not working :/
When I create the Dual App the phone restart, and when touching the just created Dual App icon in the home screen, nothing happens

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Start recording an adb logcat until the phone reboots (recording will stop automatically). Send the log in private.

This happened to me when I shut off all 3 animations in developer settings
This problem happens when swiping between control center and notificacions when swiping left to right
Just don't disable the animations like that... Developer options are not meant for casual usage...
The issue happens because you disabled "Animator duration scale".

Reactions: Poney70
Hello,

The switch is for displaying "LTE" instead of "4G", not the inverse. ;)

It's a recent Xiaomi change => Checking SIM/network info to chose to display "LTE" or "4G".

:)
many thanks for your help then means for me that i can't do anything and have to live with the lte symbol

many thanks for your help then means for me that i can't do anything and have to live with the lte symbol
Actually, customiuizer might be able to fix this (I think I saw a setting somewhere). Though setting up customiuizer ~needs edxposed and magisk, so it may take a little time.
(Turns out it ~can do the opposite...

Attachments

• IMG_20210223_204501.jpg
    IMG_20210223_204501.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 229
For some reason, after clean flashing this Rom on Cepheus (Mi 9) it seems some animations lag, though I believe it's only launcher animations. Any solution here? (I don't use Magisk)

Actually, customiuizer might be able to fix this (I think I saw a setting somewhere). Though setting up customiuizer ~needs edxposed and magisk, so it may take a little time.

thanks for the help so how can i adjust that now the picture does not exist for me thank you in advance

For some reason, after clean flashing this Rom on Cepheus (Mi 9) it seems some animations lag, though I believe it's only launcher animations. Any solution here? (I don't use Magisk)
Just give your device and rom a few days to settle

A good advice: Reboot your device at least once after finishing the device configuration. :)

You think so? I've never seen such behavior on Xiaomi.eu stable. Also it's just animations from the launcher, all in-app animations are very smooth.
Stable?
This is the weekly thread.
But nonetheless... i suggest you give it time

Stable?
This is the weekly thread.
But nonetheless... i suggest you give it time
Uh yeah, I was coming from stable to Weekly (But it's a clean flash) and that launcher lag was the first thing I've noticed, which never happened on stable though. This is why I'm a little bit surprised since I kinda like weekly more than stable (Stable has more bugs but no lag since first day using).

Uh yeah, I was coming from stable to Weekly (But it's a clean flash) and that launcher lag was the first thing I've noticed, which never happened on stable though. This is why I'm a little bit surprised since I kinda like weekly more than stable (Stable has more bugs but no lag since first day using).

I had some lag issues when I was on these weekly ROM, that problem started when Android 11 released with these weekly updates since December 28, but I'm talking about third-party launchers. According I have read here in the forum that's a problem which Xiaomi has to solve and not the .eu team developers. In the other hand, I've never seen lag issues with the stock launcher. As I use Nova Launcher a lot, what I did was switch to Stable.

Reactions: Hibarikun
I had some lag issues when I was on these weekly ROM, that problem started when Android 11 released with these weekly updates since December 28, but I'm talking about third-party launchers. According I have read here in the forum that's a problem which Xiaomi has to solve and not the .eu team developers. In the other hand, I've never seen lag issues with the stock launcher. As I use Nova Launcher a lot, what I did was switch to Stable.
This seems plausible. Also another people in Telegram groups are also saying launcher is lagging somewhat. Well it's not a big issue but I hope Xiaomi adresses it. Some people replace the inbuild launcher with another .apk often.

I also came from a stable to this rom, the first thing I noticed was the lag in animation and in closing/restarting the phone. After a few days I realised that the lag has disappeared and now this rom behaves "normal". I think it's good after flashing to leave the rom for a wile after restarting without doing things. I forget this advise, I'm glad that the lag has disappeared. For the rest everything is OK with this rom (MI9). I have Widevine L1.

Hi,

I've been using this ROM on Poco F2 Pro for a while but then decided to revert back to Android 10.
What I did was flash stock Android 10 ROM V12.0.3.0.QJKEUXM and lock the bootloader.
For some reason, I still get basic key attestation instead of hardware along with Widevine L3.

I've managed fixing the second issue by unlocking bootloader, booting recovery image and flashing persist with persistbak and recalibrating sensors (of course prior to flashing persist I made a backup).
But the second issue still holds. I suppose it is somehow related to that "framework-level fix" you've introduced back there, I just don't understand why on a stock ROM with locked bootloader it is still that way.

Not that basic key attestation bothers me much, but I think another issue, which is a real problem, is related to that.
I can't add fingerprint unlock in my banking app Barclays UK, see logcat error in attached files (mind, this is stock Android 10 ROM with locked bootloader).

I would appreciate if you could at least point me in the right direction, since this problem definitely rose up after my experiments with xiaomi.eu weekly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-23 225502.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-23 225502.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 245
Status
Not open for further replies.