MIUI 12.5 21.2.3/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm experiencing terrible battery life, I'd like to revert to MIUI 12 stable, can I just dirty flash the zip file without doing any wipe?

In case even stable MIUI 12 wouldn't solve the battery drain, can I dirty flash MIUI 11 zip?
No way , format data is mandatory on both cases ..

Reactions: geoorg
I'm experiencing terrible battery life, I'd like to revert to MIUI 12 stable, can I just dirty flash the zip file without doing any wipe?

In case even stable MIUI 12 wouldn't solve the battery drain, can I dirty flash MIUI 11 zip?
You do not say what phone you have.
There is always the recommendation that you give the new ROM enough time to settle in and get its statistics. Miui 12.5 uses AI to improve charging and consumption. As has also been commented, different ROMs may have different settings. So you may need to review / change some settings in order to help get the expected good battery response.
I have no problem with my battery (Mi 10 - umi).

Did you try to clear "All app data" in phone's settings?

In "Manager apps" > Search for "Super" > Select the super wallpaper app with the "mountain" icon => Clear data > "All app data"

:)

I can find the app like you say, but the 'Clear data' button is greyed out and I can't click it (on any of the super wallpapers).

That's ok. :)
Does this happen only with the snow mountain super wallpaper or all super wallpapers?

Is the one from xda currently also installed?

Happens with all of the super wallpapers I tried.

I noticed the issue the first day I installed after trying them, they kept crashing when I tried so I installed the xda version and it still happens.

Is there any source to download them from? Maybe I just need to do a clean install? Thanks for the help by the way.

I can find the app like you say, but the 'Clear data' button is greyed out and I can't click it (on any of the super wallpapers).

Happens with all of the super wallpapers I tried.

I noticed the issue the first day I installed after trying them, they kept crashing when I tried so I installed the xda version and it still happens.

Is there any source to download them from? Maybe I just need to do a clean install? Thanks for the help by the way.
Try to uninstall all Superwallpapers , then reflash the rom and check again..

Reactions: geoorg and Poney70
Try to uninstall all Superwallpapers , then reflash the rom and check again..
Uninstalling pre-installed apps (in our case, Super wallpapers) will prevent them from being auto-installed and auto-updating in the future, so he'll have to reinstall them manually.

Reactions: gkalen
Of course xiaomi has nothing to do with this , you think that xiaomi decided for some devices to use 4G sympol and some other devices the LTE sympol , no chance for this..
If you said that it's related to mobile operator you're much closer ..
On my case though , i can change the sympol with the option i said without problems .. i can have LTE or 4G without problems..
Yes, this is what I said. Xiaomi decide for which operator the 4G can appear. So you can't display 4G if it was not intended by Xiaomi, you are locked with LTE no matter what you do with the checkbox, and it was what he was asking.

Reactions: Poney70
Is it possible to see the crash log for "Weather" Super Wallpaper? :)

Oh sorry, I was wrong somehow. Before I installed the xda .apk it crashed, but now when I tried to see the log it works, even on the lockscreen... Does this give you any more information?

Uninstalling pre-installed apps (in our case, Super wallpapers) will prevent them from being auto-installed and auto-updating in the future, so he'll have to reinstall them manually.

Thanks for all the great work you do, is there any place I can find the files to install them manually?

Today I have found a bug on the latest weekly build for the poco f2 pro , when I plugged the 3.5 mm jak and started to listen to some music , I notice that the phone got a strange vibration coming from the top of the phone near the ear pice and I heard music coming from the ear pice .can I do something to stop it or wait for the next update ?

Hello,
I'm coming from LineageOS and I'm not happy with it for multiple reasons.
Looking for a non-ad non-spyware alternative where the phone doesn't share data and stumbled upon this project which seems to have the exact initial featureset of other roms according to https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/xiaomi-eu-vs-global-rom-differences.37425/.

2 questions:

1) Does this ROM "call home", or share any data with google services, or show ads?
2) I have a willow device. I notice the stable build had a build for willow, some custom ROM ginkgo builds I saw can be flashed on willow. Can I use ginkgo releases of this release on my willow device, or do I have to go to stable? I saw this, but I don't know if the information is outdated and I don't know if one "should use" the latest build on there? https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/hmnote8-also-for-willow.56260/#post-558979

Thank you.

Thank you. I'll just install this version now then and see how it goes. Are the Mi 11 updates OTA or require fastboot every time a new ROM is released?
As far as I know OTA updates will be available when a suitable TWRP is released for flashing ROMs.

Reactions: geoorg
Hello good. I have a Mi 9T Pro and it turns out that in the mesh network that I have created at home, when I change the router my mobile goes offline. I have to activate and deactivate the wifi button so that I have an internet connection. I don't know if it's a problem with this version of Miui. Let's see if mesh networking works well with this version. Thanks

Yes, this is what I said. Xiaomi decide for which operator the 4G can appear. So you can't display 4G if it was not intended by Xiaomi, you are locked with LTE no matter what you do with the checkbox, and it was what he was asking.
This is the right explanation , because with my operator there is no issue no matter what i did ..

Reactions: JiaiJ
Status
Not open for further replies.