MIUI 12.5 21.3.10/11

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
scanner app still crashing while trying to scan documents on RN8, anyone else has this issue or it's just me?
I used to have that and there is even a bug thread for it but it was invalidated since it was random. I fixed it in a rather peculiar way which you may try - get the scanner apk from apkmirror and install it with the Android package installer, then click on uninstall Updates to get back to the xiaomi.eu version and you should have Document scan working again if your error is the same as mine.

Reactions: Don r
RN8 feedback:

Installs and runs fine.
Changes:
  • The security patch is from March
Issues:
  • The Widevine is L3 (this started from 21.3.3) and I haven't found a way to fix it.

Reactions: Lordjontan

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-12-06-27-16-616_zpyzz.rugdgrwk.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-12-06-27-16-616_zpyzz.rugdgrwk.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Reactions: mkriiger
After switch of- switch on, from settings appear again.

Edit: fingerprint icon disappear again

From Mi 9 Lite via Tapatalk
I had the same problem. I noticed that in the settings, after this update, "show the fingerprint icon" was disactivated. After reactivated it, now it is showing again even after a reboot.

From Mi9 lite

With every 1 update there is less and less something done.

Meanwhile 9T is the same laggy crap phone and nothing is done about it.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

maybe it's because your phone is a budget piece of s**t ever thought of that? these devs work stupidly hard to do the releases they do literally look at the list of devices they have to work on.
unless you have genuine constructive criticism STFU.

Updated to this latest ver.
Phone: Mi 10 Ultra.
Update thru TWRP took more than 10 mins, The installation went on a loop for 5 times. After success message again auto started the installation. After 5 times the phone auto restarted and with in 2 mins booted . Everything looks good now.

Not sure if this is expected.

Hmmms someone knows if is expected from Xiaomi to bring back the full screen gestures for third party Launchers?

I want to believe :^) but six months have passed and i preferred to keep 20.9.17 version in my potato

With every 1 update there is less and less something done.

Meanwhile 9T is the same laggy crap phone and nothing is done about it.
I am assuming from this comment that you are expecting new and fancy features on a regular basis. Have you not read through post #1, and the list of features which have already been added and which are not in the Global version?
What is in the Changelog by no means reflects the total of what has actually been done - it shows what we, the users, might notice. When features are added, it must be done on a solid foundation of a stable system. If something does not work quite right, then posts are very quickly put up, and the moaning starts!
With my Mi 10 (umi), I have a great, snappy and innovative system.

Remember, you have opted to take part in this beta testing.

Hmmms someone knows if is expected from Xiaomi to bring back the full screen gestures for third party Launchers?

I want to believe :^) but six months have passed and i preferred to keep 20.9.17 version in my potato
No one knows... sure doesn't look like it.

OK, so I see some people having issues woththis rom, but for me mi 10 is working very very cool (~literary, check the pics below). Also, thanks @geoorg, deleting the data of the gallery app probably fixed my battery drain. :emoji_thumbsup:
@WinterWarrior67, if I remember well you too had issues with gallery app.
What I did was to boot into twrp, delete the data of the app (cuz settings ~don't have an option too), deleted package cache and cache+dalvik (after and before ~each step) and before rebooting, I flashed the same rom too.
To see what to delete go here:
(Btw, ~no need to delete: "Internal storage/android/data/gallery_disk_cache", it's ~already inside the rest of the folders that you'll delete.)
If you want, use a root explorerto create a zip backup of the data, I did that too, but didn't use it.
Finally, the gallery after rebooting showed extreme usage, probably due to 2 reasons:
1)After deleting its data, it ~had to scan the whole storage (lagged so much I had to reboot). You should probably initiate the process by opening the gallery app.
2)The battery stats ~weren't reset, so it was probably counting the battery usage before deleting the data.

Attachments

• IMG_20210312_090202.jpg
    IMG_20210312_090202.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 334
  • Screenshot_2021-03-12-09-02-53-835_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-12-09-02-53-835_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 320
OK, so I see some people having issues woththis rom, but for me mi 10 is working very very cool (~literary, check the pics below). Also, thanks @geoorg, deleting the data of the gallery app probably fixed my battery drain. :emoji_thumbsup:
What I did was to boot into twrp, delete the data of the app (cuz settings ~don't have an option too), deleted package cache and cache+dalvik (after and before ~each step) and before rebooting, I flashed the same rom too.
(Btw, ~no need to delete: "Internal storage/android/data/gallery_disk_cache", it's ~already inside the rest of the folders that you'll delete.)
If you want, use a root explorerto create a zip backup of the data, I did that too, but didn't use it.
Finally, the gallery after rebooting showed extreme usage, probably due to 2 reasons:
1)After deleting its data, it ~had to scan the whole storage (lagged so much I had to reboot). You should probably initiate the process by opening the gallery app.
2)The battery stats ~weren't reset, so it was probably counting the battery usage before deleting the data.
Turns out I was a bit too fast?
Rip...

Attachments

• IMG_20210312_091106.jpg
    IMG_20210312_091106.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 354
  • Sad
Reactions: geoorg
K20PRO, system destroyed after dirty flashing over 21.3.3, need to take help of XiaoMiTool v2

Last edited:

Hey bro thanks for replying! Yeh the above fixed it for me but after clearing dalvik and cache and the app cache it fixed it so i didn't have to do the other steps you mentioned i guess i got lucky but thanks for letting me know man

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Status
Not open for further replies.