MIUI 12.5 21.3.10/11

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I've been flashing the roms on my mi 10 without otg (download straight into internal storage) even before the new mb twrps. The new ones have the advantage that there's ~no need to boot into them through fastboot.
Edit: please don't download this rom as probably within hours the new one will be released :emoji_laughing:.
So with this twrp version I can do it?

So with this twrp version I can do it?
View attachment 35467
I think that's how I updated to this version. (With the second actualy version, the one you have is I think the 3rd, I've ~only flashed this. Probably gonna try today.
If you want, create a nandroid backup beforehand and move it to an external device.
Btw, I ~dunno if the version you're trying to install will downgrade the twrp causing any issues. Just wait about a day till the new rom comes out. (In that link https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=324069)

I note that you have the 'Old version' of the Control center style. I tried that and I still have the controls / buttons.
If you try the 'New version', do you get the controls / buttons then?

Also, when you install the weekly ROMs, do you perform a 'tidy up', as I have described elsewhere:
clear phone memory; run cleaner; clear recents; clear Dalvik; clear cache; delete /data/system/package_cache folder?

This is my first weekly, but I usually clear dalvik and cache. Never liked those Xiaomi "cleaners", much of those is just a snake oil.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
This is my first weekly, but I usually clear dalvik and cache. Never liked those Xiaomi "cleaners", much of those is just a snake oil.
Haha, the xiaomi cleaner is actually clean master. It may be gone from play store, but since xiaomi is a chinese company, it has it.

I'm on the latest version 12.5 - 21.3.11 Beta for Mi11
I debloated it and it's quite perfect except a serious battery drain caused by the process "Other" that kill 50% of the battery life
How can I investigate for the "Other" process? My battery life is about 12 hours with moderate use and always wifi on, gps off
Thanks

I'm on the latest version 12.5 - 21.3.11 Beta for Mi11
I debloated it and it's quite perfect except a serious battery drain caused by the process "Other" that kill 50% of the battery life
How can I investigate for the "Other" process? My battery life is about 12 hours with moderate use and always wifi on, gps off
Thanks
Debloating
What do you think? 2.8-3.5 gb only taken by apks? There are libs, frameworks and related. If you take a log, many of which are calling eachother including those apks you debloated!
Thats the cause of drain, ig.

Debloating
What do you think? 2.8-3.5 gb only taken by apks? There are libs, frameworks and related. If you take a log, many of which are calling eachother including those apks you debloated!
Thats the cause of drain, ig.

I removed the following apps:
Immagine 2021-03-18 134709.png

Hello, everyone,
I have a Mi9Se (grus).
I've mounted 21.2.24 but I've been having a bit of trouble lately with flashing roms.
My problems started from recovery (problems with decryption, backups I couldn't do, etc).
I then flashed the recovery twrp_grus_MI9SE_3.5.A9_12-02-2021_bl-l.img and at least solved the decryption and backup problem.

I am asking for your help:
could any of you tell me ( and tell all Mi9Se owners) what are "now" the steps to flash roms correctly avoiding the problem of bootloop and return to recovery. I knew that you have to flash also the vbmeta.img?

Thanks

I am not sure which other phones this covers, but with the Mi 10 (umi), we still have to delete the /data/extm folder in order to avoid the 'createTarFork()' error 255 during the TWRP backup process. I'll have to see next week whether the new version of TWRP avoids this error.

Just did a restart, using the power menu. From the shut down and then restart back to the lock screen page took 38 seconds - call it under 40 seconds. There should certainly be no complaints about that!

[Edit: Just checked Magisk and banking apps. One failed, which surprised me, but it reported having technical problems. All of the other secure ones are still working as before.]

Last edited:
Hi,
thanks to the devs for providing this rom.
Overall it works quite well.
I just noticed a few things.

1. It doesn't remember settings for dark mode. Each time the phone restart it's back to light mode.

2. Sometimes the camera fails to start or
it may start but change to video mode fails.

3. It's maybe not a bug but in the battery statistics some weird things show up:
On the bottom of the list it shows "Others" which consum most of the battery, even more than display? But I saw this on official rom also.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am talking about the Mi11

Just did a restart, using the power menu. From the shut down and then restart back to the lock screen page took 38 seconds - call it under 40 seconds. There should certainly be no complaints about that!

[Edit: Just checked Magisk and banking apps. One failed, which surprised me, but it reported having technical problems. All of the other secure ones are still working as before.]
With 21.3.17 you will count about 20 seconds for a reboot ..

Thank you very much for another excellent weekly update! Now on 21.3.17 with Mi11.
Sorry for posing this in the 21.3.11 thread, but the ROMs seem to go faster than the forums... ;)

Reactions: kai_ger
Status
Not open for further replies.