MIUI 12.5 21.3.17/18

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have a Poco F2 Pro phone. I have removed Bootloader and root and a stable version of MIUI 12. Today I found this soft. I'm downloading it now.
I have a software update application in the phone menu. It is searching for updates but doestn't find any. But there is an option that I can install the update from a zip file. What do you think about this form of updating? Will the factory settings be restored after such an operation? Or, is it mandatory to upload soft using TWRP?
Will I lose my data after such an update?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Hello,

When coming from Official ROM or from Stable Xiaomi.eu ROM, if you want to use this Weekly ROM version, you have to "Format Data" in TWRP (in "Wipe" menu => "Format Data" button) so you will lose all your data. ;)

That's why it's better to install the ROM in TWRP and not with the system-updater app. :)

EDIT: Also, do NOT restore "System settings" from a Google backup during the first boot configuration, on Weekly ROMs.

After the last update i can confirm a very good battery life.After 12 hours and about 5h sot 45% battery remaining(From full charge).Before this update 5h sot and 15% battery remaining(From full charge).I have just one problem ,in off screen my phone consumes about 1.75/h and overnight from 00:00 to 09:00 takes about 9 percent with wifi and mobile data off.
ps:My old phone p20 pro with wifi and mobile data off takes about 3-4 percent overnight

extreme battery drain with cell standby :(
(from 1am - 8:30am I'm on flight mode)

Last edited:
Reactions: akdmkz and bugnug80
For me the problem isn't cell standby.You stay in a zone with bad signal?
Look at 5g and volte settings
My device Poco F2 Pro

extreme battery drain with cell standby :(
(from 1am - 8:30am I'm on flight mode)
If you select a specific section, you can analyse that part much better. See in my attachment how I have highlighted and analysed two hours only.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-19-06-47-48-757_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-19-06-47-48-757_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 205
If you select a specific section, you can analyse that part much better. See in my attachment how I have highlighted and analysed two hours only.

Thanks for your answer. I know that, but cell standby is the whole day (also in short periods) on number one, unfortunatley. Even in flight mode!

I have had 3 random reboots since Saturday on Mi 11 using this version of the ROM. Anyone else experiencing this?
On the previous version I had 1 or 2 over the span of a week, but seems like it's occurring more frequently now.

I am not doing anything unusual when the device randomly just restarts. I can be on the home screen, using Telegram or have my wallet case closed and walking around then suddenly I just feel my phone vibrate. I open the wallet case and see the Mi logo while the phone boots back up.

I have had 3 random reboots since Saturday on Mi 11 using this version of the ROM. Anyone else experiencing this?
On the previous version I had 1 or 2 over the span of a week, but seems like it's occurring more frequently now.

I am not doing anything unusual when the device randomly just restarts. I can be on the home screen, using Telegram or have my wallet case closed and walking around then suddenly I just feel my phone vibrate. I open the wallet case and see the Mi logo while the phone boots back up.
I was experiencing the same problem on my Mi 11 on the last build but with reflashing of clean install the problem disappear.

I shall ask my usual question:
When you installed the weekly ROM, did you perform a 'tidy up', as I have described elsewhere: clear phone memory; run cleaner; clear recents; clear Dalvik; clear cache; delete /data/system/package_cache folder?

I shall ask my usual question:
When you installed the weekly ROM, did you perform a 'tidy up', as I have described elsewhere: clear phone memory; run cleaner; clear recents; clear Dalvik; clear cache; delete /data/system/package_cache folder?

No, I haven't done that. Do you suggest I do that prior to flashing the new ROM or after?
Also, unsure how to clear Dalvik cache without custom recovery (eg. TWRP) or root. Is this possible?

Reactions: WinterWarrior67
1. After flashing but before reboot. Do not check "reboot after install" when installing new ROM.
Do wiping the Dalvik and cache as well as deleting the /data/system/package_cache folder after flash and before reboot to system.
2. No. TWRP only.

1. After flashing but before reboot. Do not check "reboot after install" when installing new ROM.
Do wiping the Dalvik and cache as well as deleting the /data/system/package_cache folder after flash and before reboot to system.
2. No. TWRP only.

Ok, I can't do it then since there is no TWRP for Mi 11. I'll either have to put up with the random reboots or do a clean flash.

For Mi Note 10/ CC9PRo users: Is it just me our any body else having some heating issues with this version compared to the previous 3.10/11 one?

Hello,

When coming from Official ROM or from Stable Xiaomi.eu ROM, if you want to use this Weekly ROM version, you have to "Format Data" in TWRP (in "Wipe" menu => "Format Data" button) so you will lose all your data. ;)

That's why it's better to install the ROM in TWRP and not with the system-updater app. :)

EDIT: Also, do NOT restore "System settings" from a Google backup during the first boot configuration, on Weekly ROMs.

So, if I understood correctly, by updating the soft using TWRP, I will not lose my phone's data and settings?

So, if I understood correctly, by updating the soft using TWRP, I will not lose my phone's data and settings?
Using the system-updater app or TWRP, it's the same = It will not wipe your data and settings. :)

But, like I said, you have to format data if you want to use this Weekly ROM, when coming from a Stable ROM. ;)

Reactions: katerpanne
the battery is quickly drained compare to global stable rom and sometimes I encounter app not responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.