MIUI 12.5 21.3.17/18

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with the font settings since 21.3.10/11 and 21.3.17/18

Some apps (Gmail for example) ignore the font settings of the headings.

For example, with Gmail the sender. Look at the sender (Xiaomi EU Forum):

--- Change settings to thin ---

Nothing has changed on the sender.

Before the update 21.3.10/11 the font was thin!
The "Xiaomi EU Forum" is always bold, even if it is set thin.

Problem with the font settings since 21.3.10/11 and 21.3.17/18

Some apps (Gmail for example) ignore the font settings of the headings.

View attachment 35620

For example, with Gmail the sender. Look at the sender (Xiaomi EU Forum):
View attachment 35618

--- Change settings to thin ---

View attachment 35621

Nothing has changed on the sender.
View attachment 35619

Before the update 21.3.10/11 the font was thin!
The "Xiaomi EU Forum" is always bold, even if it is set thin.
Turn off system wide fonts and check. Xiaomi broke the fonts and since then there are ~only workarounds... I ~don't know if xiaomi or the xiaomi.eu team added the switch, but I think its there mitigate the issue. Just recently the fonts became thin in many apps, but still needs work.. Search the forum for "fonts" if you want.

Reactions: Poney70
Turn off system wide fonts and check. Xiaomi broke the fonts and since then there are ~only workarounds... I ~don't know if xiaomi or the xiaomi.eu team added the switch, but I think its there mitigate the issue. Just recently the fonts became thin in many apps, but still needs work.. Search the forum for "fonts" if you want.

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, that doesn't help! This is the result with system wide fonts switched off.

"System wide fonts" switched off
1616498435792.jpg

"System wide fonts" switched on // font maximum bold
1616496786650.jpg

"System wide fonts" switched on // font maximum thin
1616496786637.jpg

Before the update 21.3.10/11 and 21.3.17/18 everything was fine, so unfortunately xiaomi.eu changed something!
The effect that the heading line ignores the thickness settings is only with headings and also not in all apps.

Last edited:
Regarding the crashing apps, Google has released two updates this morning, for "Android Web View" and for "Chrome". These are supposed to fix the problem. (They seem to work for me, but I didn't notice the problem yesterday anyway).

This business about fonts must be a very difficult one to resolve. I know that when I write some programs, or design websites, sometimes the dimensions or design of the fonts can be quite critical to the functionality, and the last thing that I want is for someone to try and change them when they shouldn't be.
So, like many things, a compromise may need to be reached, in maybe some instances, but not in others.

hello since the last roms i have slow wifi connection mi9 lite i have try everything and i cant find a solution .I have try a patch i have found here i dont remember the author the patch name was twrp_miui_fix_v1.0 was correcting the speed but the wireless was more unstable so i uninstall it, Any solutuions for that...

Hi. Facing terrible battery drain after android 11 update (30% overnight) on mi10, flashed different roms on unlocked bootloader but the problem still persists. Anyone solved similar problems?

Stupid question but I see that I have an update on my phone 21.3.17 (I have the 21.3.10), question is
if I wait for the 21.3.18 can i install that directly or do have to install frist the 21.3.17?

Stupid question but I see that I have an update on my phone 21.3.17 (I have the 21.3.10), question is
if I wait for the 21.3.18 can i install that directly or do have to install frist the 21.3.17?
If the latest Weekly ROM for your device is 21.3.17, the next Weekly ROM update will be 21.3.24 or 21.3.25. :)

You can directly install the latest Weekly ROM from any installed previous Weekly ROM version. ;)

Reactions: Synapsis
Yes I am on Mi9t and I dirty flashed this rom on a August version of xiaomi.eu (android 10). And it works pretty well. No huge battery consumption. Only annoying thing for the moment in 24 hours is that the icons in the upper right side are in bold... Perhaps next time after flash I'll clean dalvik,... Etc...

Thanks guys for your time. Good work!

Envoyé de mon SHT-W09 en utilisant Tapatalk

@Iain_B and whoever is interested in backups, check this!
Swift backup now lets you batch backup/restore apps for free:
Well, that's probably how I'll restore my apps, cuz Imight factory reset it tommorow.
I shall have a play . . . .
First put-off - I have to sign in with Google. I just want a straight forward backup.
"Restore most apps in the same condition as when they were backed up". I would not like to restore and find that a critical setting is missing. TWRP has not let me down yet.
Part of my backup process (MyPhoneExplorer) synchronises MS Outlook (contacts & calendar) on my PC, as well as other files.
Titanium backup has multiple backups per app as well, so you can restore an earlier version (with data), not necessarily the latest.
Separately, I tried a USB-OTG backup with TWRP. I must have a VERY slow USB memory stick - I actually gave up with it.

So I think that I shall stick with my proven weekly method - it does everything that I want, it is worth the time before the ROM update, and it has not failed me yet.
Thanks for the thought ;)

Reactions: mansell68
Hi guys

First of all, thanks a lot for all the great work you do!!

I'm currently on Weekly version 21.2.24 and I want to update to the latest (this one) version of the weekly builds, however when I use the official Update tool, it says my device currently is on the latest version. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? My device is the Mi 9T (davinci). I appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this :)

Thanks in advance

I shall have a play . . . .
First put-off - I have to sign in with Google. I just want a straight forward backup.
"Restore most apps in the same condition as when they were backed up". I would not like to restore and find that a critical setting is missing. TWRP has not let me down yet.
Part of my backup process (MyPhoneExplorer) synchronises MS Outlook (contacts & calendar) on my PC, as well as other files.
Titanium backup has multiple backups per app as well, so you can restore an earlier version (with data), not necessarily the latest.
Separately, I tried a USB-OTG backup with TWRP. I must have a VERY slow USB memory stick - I actually gave up with it.

So I think that I shall stick with my proven weekly method - it does everything that I want, it is worth the time before the ROM update, and it has not failed me yet.
Thanks for the thought ;)
Haha, well, you have bought tb, so probably no reason to change. But anyways, it gives you some options as to what to backup too. I think it also allows for backing up multiple versions. Anyways, I've bought tb too, probably the only app I've bought... (They ~should really support split apks though... It hasn't been upated for very long...)
Edit: if you try to create twrp backup on usb, check the format it uses. I tried with mine and failed cuz it was fat32 (I think) and the super partition was ~8gb, surpassing the single file limit..

Reactions: Iain_B
Hi all,
Thanks ti deve for all the hard work!
Instraction for flash rom on mi9se (grus)?

Flash last weekly (now i have 21.2.24), the fastboot and flash vbmeta.img?
Last working twrp for grus?

Thanks in advance

After updating 21.3.3 to 21.3.17 I faced 2 problems:
1) The password manager is gone, I can't find it in the security/privacy settings, or in the cloud sync settings, or in the autofill settings.
2) Vanced microG disappeared from the list of apps in the background activity control settings. Despite the fact that this switch is in the app info, it does not persist its state between reboots, as well as the state of saving battery in special permissions settings.

I just figured out the signature isn't showing on mobiles, so here's my device:
Redmi Note 7 (Lavender) ~ MIUI 12.5/A10 (Beta) ~ OrangeFox R11.0_1 (Stable)
Vanced microG recently added this feature https://github.com/YTVanced/VancedMicroG/pull/101 and it was enabled by default (excluding huawei devices) and since notifications were received normally, I did not check the battery optimization status.

Ok, I just turned off the icon hider, but the first question remains open - why did the password manager disappear?

Haha, well, you have bought tb, so probably no reason to change. But anyways, it gives you some options as to what to backup too. I think it also allows for backing up multiple versions. Anyways, I've bought tb too, probably the only app I've bought... (They ~should really support split apks though... It hasn't been upated for very long...)
Edit: if you try to create twrp backup on usb, check the format it uses. I tried with mine and failed cuz it was fat32 (I think) and the super partition was ~8gb, surpassing the single file limit..
I think that it has to be FAT??. I've tried OTG with a USB stick larger than 64Gb and my phone cannot see it.
I shall still be backing up with TWRP to my phone (Mi 10 - umi), and then backing everything up to my PC afterwards. As I said above, a lengthy process, but worth the security, even though I have never any issues with a weekly ROM failing yet.

I think that it has to be FAT??. I've tried OTG with a USB stick larger than 64Gb and my phone cannot see it.
I shall still be backing up with TWRP to my phone (Mi 10 - umi), and then backing everything up to my PC afterwards. As I said above, a lengthy process, but worth the security, even though I have never any issues with a weekly ROM failing yet.
Twrp doesn't seem to recognise my ntfs hdd. I think the ideal format is exFat and that's probably the format of the sd I've used for backups and rom flashing..

I'm currently on Weekly version 21.2.24 and I want to update to the latest (this one) version of the weekly builds, however when I use the official Update tool, it says my device currently is on the latest version. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? My device is the Mi 9T (davinci). I appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this :)
Hello,

You may have to search for update twice in order to see the latest update, that's weird but it works for me. :)

Also you can simply download the latest ROM manually (on your phone) then, in the update tool, tap on the 3-dots (menu) in the top-right of the screen => Install update package and select the downloaded ROM. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.