MIUI 12.5 21.3.24/25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my Mi 9 (cepheus), impossible to install this latest ROM with the TWRP version twrp-3.5.1_9-0-cepheus.

I had to downgrade the TWRP version to this one twrp-3.5.0_9-0-cepheus.

Link for who is needed : https://eu.dl.twrp.me/cepheus/

Rooted with Magisk v22.0 OK
Safety Net Status Passed
Widevine CDM Security Level L1

For the momemt, everything looks good.

yes, its true. My wife lost, but i have persist backup and can nandroid restore.
Me too but sadly doesn't work for me. Restored from IMG in twrp but still on global 12.04 give me L3 widevine
I tried then to restore from persistbak partition but on stable eu 12.1.2 I'm on L3

I already flashed it on my phone. I can confirm that there is an improvement in power consumption. Still not as good as the stable but definitely better than the previous beta roms.
I had the same battery life on stable 12.0.9.0. and it was awful on 12.0.2.0.

best thing is that probably most of the mi9t users lost widevine L1 forever. check yourself
Returned to the previous ROM 21.3.18 with wiping all but data.

Reactions: Ryoma and Redvex67
Everything good except 5ghz WiFi. Sites try to load but needs a couple of refreshes until they do.
2.4ghz is working fine. Ps reset don't help.

Other than that great update.

Redmi K30 Pro / F2 Pro

Good .... maybe bad !!
In this my k20, after the last available weekly update, it gave poop. Even though it is a development update, it does not make sense to be made very inoperable.
Result, Clean instal. TWRP, total wipe (data, vendor, system, internal storage, all items) + Format data. I finished the installation by OTG / PENdrive with the latest MIUI 12 stable rom. I understand but I do not accept to make available a rom all tricky.
It takes a lot of work to reset everything from the beginning, but anyway, on my K20 now everything is OK.
I never fail to thank all the work of the developers. Thanks

Last edited:
hard freezes of 9 t, installing the firmware from the 18th number does not solve anything, you have to do the date format and install everything again, what is the reason? the culprit is localization or Chinese firmware

hard freezes of 9 t, installing the firmware from the 18th number does not solve anything, you have to do the date format and install everything again, what is the reason? the culprit is localization or Chinese firmware
I have just been looking at the many 1000s of downloads for the Mi9...s. Allowing for statistical variations, there is really a very small percentage where the downloads have not gone right. It is reasonable to conclude therefore that for the large majority the installation has gone right.
So, can it be the ROM? Unlikely.
Is there anything in common that is causing various issues in the ROMs?
Has the correct procedure been followed for the installations - eg. Recovery, Dalvik, cache, package_cache?
Has the ROM been given a reasonably tidy base to be installed on?
Have issues been carried over from previous upgrades?
And then there are the unfortunate ones who have not made backups to go back to.

Good afternoon to you all. Thanks to all team effort to provide US theses releases.ive download for my mi11 but once on PC the bat file for update does not Run, no lines are executed just blank.anyone having same issues?
Bruno Pêgo

I have same problem on my 9T. How can I solve it without lost my data. What is date format?

Updated by twrp, just clean dalvik & cache.
First time freezed in the morning while alarm started to ring. Had to reboot phone to silent alarm.

After Two hour camera didn't work. Had to reboot phone to get it working.

One hour later phone freezed while listening spotify, screen of. Music continues but not able to screen on. Had to reboot phone. 30min and it happened again.

Battery stats shows google play services quite big consuption.

I have same problem too, did you solve it?

I have just been looking at the many 1000s of downloads for the Mi9...s. Allowing for statistical variations, there is really a very small percentage where the downloads have not gone right. It is reasonable to conclude therefore that for the large majority the installation has gone right.
So, can it be the ROM? Unlikely.
Is there anything in common that is causing various issues in the ROMs?
Has the correct procedure been followed for the installations - eg. Recovery, Dalvik, cache, package_cache?
Has the ROM been given a reasonably tidy base to be installed on?
Have issues been carried over from previous upgrades?
And then there are the unfortunate ones who have not made backups to go back to.
I do agree we need a cold analysis.

On my side: I did Dalvik, cache, package_cache on Mi Note 10, and I have freezes that I never had before.

But no issue, I will take the time for a clean install with the next release.

I do agree we need a cold analysis.

On my side: I did Dalvik, cache, package_cache on Mi Note 10, and I have freezes that I never had before.

But no issue, I will take the time for a clean install with the next release.
How well did you tidy up your own system before installing the new ROM?

Reactions: alexfernando651
How well did you tidy up your own system before installing the new ROM?
I switched 2 times back and forth between 21 3.18 and 24, I tried to remove all non necessary apps, while cleaning cache, dalvik and package_cache every time. I did not try a full clean install for now.

Then again, not complaining, just giving my information to see if there is a trend.

• Sad
Reactions: alexfernando651
I switched 2 times back and forth between 21 3.18 and 24, I tried to remove all non necessary apps, while cleaning cache, dalvik and package_cache every time. I did not try a full clean install for now.

Then again, not complaining, just giving my information to see if there is a trend.
That's all good.
I also always clear all memory, recents, and close all apps before booting into TWRP and backing up / installing. I don't think it's good to install a new ROM onto a system where memory is not clear, and apps are still open. So far I've never had problems with new ROMs - only where there has been the very occasional bug.

After the fourth freeze of my Mi Note 10 (tucana), I rollbacked the installation to 21.3.18 version

That's all good.
I also always clear all memory, recents, and close all apps before booting into TWRP and backing up / installing. I don't think it's good to install a new ROM onto a system where memory is not clear, and apps are still open. So far I've never had problems with new ROMs - only where there has been the very occasional bug.
Thanks a lot or the advice, I'll try reflashing after making sure all apps are closed, and see if the phone can stay up tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.