MIUI 12.5 21.3.24/25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Mi 10 Youth navigation bar System Launcher problem.

Same here. For me it freezes during/after a video playback on Youtube. Video finishes but the phone does not respond to any touches and gestures. I'm using Mi9T as well
Weirdly, I haven't had a single freeze today. So far it only occured at night. I did not change anything in regards to settings etc.

Weirdly, I haven't had a single freeze today. So far it only occured at night. I did not change anything in regards to settings etc.
Just brace yourself, it will start again when you will need it most xD
I wonder what the devs have screwed up. You can miss some little bugs but this is not a little one.

Reactions: raykewl
I thought for upgrades (stable to weekly) dirty flash is possible? I read it multiple times in this forum
I think you'd have to ask @Poney70, for this. I think he has found a way or something to do it, but it's probably better to do a clean flash.
Edit: No, poney found a way to do the reverse.

Thanks for answer. what gets specifically erased when formating data?
Format data deletes /data including internal storage (/data/media).
Factory reset deletes /data without internal storage (excluding /media folder when formating). It also deletes the cache and dalvik cache partitions (just cache).
Format data is ~the "nuke".

There's also the "advanced" tab where you can delete things seperately:
Cache deletes cache particion
Dalvik and cache deletes dalvik and cache partition
Data deletes /data without /media
Internal storage deletes /media (OR it deletes the whole /data partition)
Otg deletes the drive you've connected to the phone (you probably don't want this).

Last edited:
Format data deletes /data including internal storage (/data/media).
Factory reset deletes /data without internal storage (excluding /media folder when formating). It also deletes the cache and dalvik cache partitions (just cache).
Format data is ~the "nuke".

There's also the "advanced" tab where you can delete things seperately:
Cache deletes cache particion
Dalvik and cache deletes dalvik and cache partition
Data deletes /data without /media
Internal storage deletes /media (OR it deletes the whole /data partition)
Otg deletes the drive you've connected to the phone (you probably don't want this).

Thanks.
One thing for sure now i learned why is so important to stick with stable versions. xD

Besi
Thanks.
One thing for sure now i learned why is so important to stick with stable versions. xD
Besides people who have problems there are a lot of otherones that don't have serious problems. Personally I NEVER have had serious problems with weekly version. I think that it's probably depends of the model of phone and also how much are important for you functions (as for example "gestures"...). Serious problems can also happen if you don't respect exactly the process of first clean installation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexbo and ddj123
Hi all.

I am currently on xiaomi.eu v11.0.6.0 (stable).
I'd like to upgrade to this 12.5 weekly. Is that possible or do I need to do a fresh install?

If upgrade is possible, what parts do I need to wipe before install?
Hello,

Don't install this Weekly version on your Redmi K20 / Mi 9T, it's a bad update... :(

You should try to install 21.3.18 => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-3-17-18.60386/

No need to wipe something but you can wipe Dalvik & Cache (after installing the new ROM).

Reboot then wait a few minutes (up to 10~15 mins) during the first boot. :)

Hi, I noticed a process called mi_reclaim with high cpu usage in FKM and at the same time, my device (mi 9t) heats up quit a lot. Been happening for a while, is this normal?
+1, k30Pro (lmi) mi reclaim used 12-14% cpu and boost litle cluster to 1.8 GHz, then phone hot.

Restarts/shutdown issues for davinci/tucana/phoenix should be fixed in next update (China ROM issue)

Is there any workaround to at least minimise them until then? Honestly, I'm too lazy to set up everything again because of three days ;)

Reactions: ddj123
Flashed and updated to 21.3.24 on my Mi 11 with no problem at all. Kudos to dev for the hard work!
Hi Bro, I also use mi 11, But when I install this rom(2021.3.24) some times this phone will reboot or I can't use the camera,I must reboot this phone, then I can use the camera again, how about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.