MIUI 12.5 21.3.24/25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi 11 (venus) here, bought a week ago, I'm experiencing heavy battery drain. I kept the original China ROM waiting for unlock and I got about 8-10 hours SOT on QHD+120Hz. Switched yesterday to this build, restored the exact same system configuration and apps and I'm now getting 5 hours SOT. It also seems like the phone costantly stays a little bit warm, warmer then on the China ROM. I saw some posts talking about how battery drain depends on how you set up your phone, but I think it's clear that's not the problem in this case. Is this a known problem?

Last edited:
Mi 11 (venus) here, bought a week ago, I'm experiencing heavy battery drain. I kept the original China ROM waiting for unlock and I got about 8-10 hours SOT on QHD+120Hz. Switched yesterday to this build, restored the exact same system configuration and apps and I'm now getting 5 hours SOT. I saw some posts talking about how battery drain depends on how you set up your phone, but I think it's clear that's not the problem in this case. Is this a known problem?
What is it that is causing the large drain?

What is it that is causing the large drain?
The screen and Google Chrome (Dev), according to the settings. What's strange is that the screen, in about 4 hours, accounts for 30% of the drain, while Chrome, in 32 minutes, a nice 23% (!)

Last edited:
The screen and Google Chrome (Dev), according to the settings.
If those are the two items at the top of the list, then you need to look at what is keeping the screen and Chrome active, and them not closing when they should. Also look at the Battery saver settings - are they set to the optimum, or how you want them?

If those are the two items at the top of the list, then you need to look at what is keeping the screen and Chrome active, and them not closing when they should. Also look at the Battery saver settings - are they set to the optimum, or how you want them?
The screen is active when I use it. Chrome seems to be the biggest drain, so I'll look into it. As I said though, when using Chrome only for half an hour, then doing other stuff (WhatsApp, Instagram, music and Geometry Dash, all of which are a lot further down the list in the battery graph) I still get 3 to 5 hours SOT less then the China ROM. The settings are in fact how I want them, because they are the exact same as on the China ROM, yet the phone seems to heat up and drain faster.

Reactions: KGVER
The screen is active when I use it. Chrome seems to be the biggest drain, so I'll look into it. As I said though, when using Chrome only for half an hour, then doing other stuff (WhatsApp, Instagram, music and Geometry Dash, all of which are a lot further down the list in the battery graph) I still get 3 to 5 hours SOT less then the China ROM. The settings are in fact how I want them, because they are the exact same as on the China ROM, yet the phone seems to heat up and drain faster.
When I first got my Mi 10 (umi), I left the screen on because I liked the time & date in the top corner! I soon stopped that and got the screen to switch off when not being used. You could look at the Autostart apps, as well as the recents. I don't think that you should assume that the settings would be the same as the China ROM - this is a BETA ROM, so settings could be quite different. I also tend to keep the Battery Saver on, if I remember. It does not seem to affect anything that I do.
I'm attaching a screen-shot from this morning. I just put my phone down last night, as far as I remember, without doing anything special. In over 6 hours, the battery dropped 5%.
Screenshot_2021-04-01-07-56-50-575_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Kinda "off topic" since its not the "new weekly rom here" but the sound problem still remains at the version 21.3.31 (MI 10 - UMI). Huge disappointment for me cause im already having "ear problems".

But im not really complaining , cause i do understand is a "beta" rom ... and overall is always better than the "original" one!!

(many thanks to devs once again.)

Kinda "off topic" since its not the "new weekly rom here" but the sound problem still remains at the version 21.3.31 (MI 10 - UMI). Huge disappointment for me cause im already having "ear problems".

But im not really complaining , cause i do understand is a "beta" rom ... and overall is always better than the "original" one!!

(many thanks to devs once again.)
Yeah same on my Mi 10 Pro. I wish xiaomi fixes that I believe it's because of the extra volume levels they added. It's a shame, this device has such great speakers.

21.3.31 no problems for the first sight at lmi / Poco F2 Pro.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi K30 Pro mit Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.