MIUI 12.5 21.3.3/5

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had this issue on my MI 10, the gallery app doesn't even pop-up. It's like the gallery app isn't using any battery at all for me. A possible fix might be to disable "Find photos in Gallery" / "Improved image search" in MIUI lab. If that doesn't work/help then try to disable "could sync" in the gallery app. If neither of the solutions works for you then I have no idea why gallery is consuming large amounts of "mAh" (consuming a lot of battery).
Already did these, thanks. Gonna restore a nandroid backup and reupdate. (Maybe the LP module which I hadn't removed it caused it.)

Um, so I probably bricked the device trying to restore thw backuo which contained the old twrp. Tried to flash the little turle twrp and got into fastboot loop and noe flashed the 1206twrp and booted into it.

Reactions: VictorEsidoro
@Iain_B how did you get out of your recovery loop?
It seems like I need urgent help. Also, should I try to update via fastboot? Will I format any data that way?
EDIT: In mount tab there is a "Decrypt data" ption, should I tap it? Will it format my data?
EDIT2: The decrypt data option ask for password which I don't have (I don't have a password for the phone).
Uff, I have pics in it I haven't backed up....

Last edited:
It seems like I need urgent help. Also, should I try to update via fastboot? Will I format any data that way?
EDIT: In mount tab there is a "Decrypt data" ption, should I tap it? Will it format my data?
EDIT2: The decrypt data option ask for password which I don't have (I don't have a password for the phone).
You have a problem , format data needed now...

I did not do any formatting. All my data (including the TWRP backup) remained intact throughout all of my attempts.
Ultimately, I tried to restore my TWRP backup - that produced 3 partition mounting errors. So I went through the ROM installation process (to try and correct the mounting problems - which it did). Without trying to reboot into System, or anything else, I was then able to successfully restore my TWRP backup.
Edit: I think that all of this was done using the 'modified' TWRP 1206, which held the decryption.

You have a problem , format data needed now...
Easier said than done.....
I did not do any formatting. All my data (including the TWRP backup) remained intact throughout all of my attempts.
Ultimately, I tried to restore my TWRP backup - that produced 3 partition mounting errors. So I went through the ROM installation process (to try and correct the mounting problems - which it did). Without trying to reboot into System, or anything else, I was then able to successfully restore my TWRP backup.
Edit: I think that all of this was done using the 'modified' TWRP 1206, which held the decryption.
Um, so I'll try to flash the rom using each twrp, till one works. Btw, which format option retains the internal storage but deletes there rest (so as I'll maintain my pics and such).

Update: it got unbricked. While the nandroid restoring process deeted the data partition it factory reseted ir, in essence. So I anaged to turn it on. Now gonna see if any of my data are left inside and move them ~asap.
EDIT: I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna move almost everything to my external disk and try restore them later. Phew...........

Last edited:
My phone model is 9t Update the latest development version and often restart automatically, what should I do!
Um, have you tried deleting the /data/system/package_cache folder or reflashing the rom (you probably won't have the same fate as me, as you can see above)?

Why does the note app lag much? Sometimes it works normally sometimes the keyboard lags so much I can't type.
(I type using G-board in Thai and English)
I tried restarting the phone and sometimes the issue still occurs. Right now the issue disappeared but it probably will happen again.

MI9 6/128 ILFforever.

I've got a "not set up" above my credit card in Google Pay, SafetyNet Status report "your MI 9T Pro Passed SafetyNet compatibility test".
is it a known bug? should I reset and restore my phone?

Why does the note app lag much? Sometimes it works normally sometimes the keyboard lags so much I can't type.
(I type using G-board in Thai and English)
I tried restarting the phone and sometimes the issue still occurs. Right now the issue disappeared but it probably will happen again.

MI9 6/128 ILFforever.
When you installed this ROM, did you clear the Dalvik and cache, and delete the /data/system/package_cache folder? These might make a difference.

I've got a "not set up" above my credit card in Google Pay, SafetyNet Status report "your MI 9T Pro Passed SafetyNet compatibility test".
is it a known bug? should I reset and restore my phone?
Is Google Pay listed in the 'MagiskHide' list?
Another thing to try is to remove the payment method and add the card again.

When you installed this ROM, did you clear the Dalvik and cache, and delete the /data/system/package_cache folder? These might make a difference.
If it means ticking the box in Orange fox then I probably did but I didn't delete the folder though. Will try that thanks :)

MI9 6/128 ILFforever.

Yes, you can use google dialer and google messages, download them, and set them as default in "default apps" in settings. I personally use google messages as they support RCS.

Thx Alex. I noticed on my K20 that Google Phone brings back recorder over calls such i had in MIUI 11 with MIUI Calls app.

Reactions: alexfernando651
Updated via ota from last ver to this on mi 10 ultra (cas). 0 issues of anykind, it actually fixed a bug i was having that the option (hide full screen indicator) wasn't appearing in gestures settings.

Thanks for the amazing work you devs do, releasing on so many devices each week!?!? We arent deserving of your efforts

A notice for the new twrps:
As Iain_B noted, it's not recommended using both the previous and latest twrp on the same system (one flashed the other booted).
Also, from what I found today, you ~can't restore nandroid backups made with one of the twrps onto the other one, as it ends with a deleted data partition, excluding internal storage, and a tar fork 255 error (backups don't seem to be compatible between versions...)
EDIT:I too run itno a problem again, as Iain and had, and gotta reflash the rom to be able to mount some partitions.. and restore the backup once again.
(@gkalen, see what the issue was? Took me a long time to figure things out...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Iain_B
As Iain_B noted, it's not recommended using both the previous and latest twrp on the same system (one flashed the other booted).
I just wonder why one would boot into another TWRP if the one flashed with the ROM is finally working.

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

I just wonder why one would boot into another TWRP if the one flashed with the ROM is finally working.

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока
To check if the new twrp is working well. :emoji_laughing: I think that's what Iain did..
PS. It happened before the new rom was released, I think.
PPS. This edit is from my phone, funtional after ~6hours, gonna flash the new rom and twrp..
PPPS. I almost flashed the new rom without removing the LP module... Oi that ~wouldn't be nice...

Last edited:
Also, from what I found today, you ~can't restore nandroid backups made with one of the twrps onto the other one, as it ends with a deleted data partition, excluding internal storage, and a tar fork 255 error (backups don't seem to be compatible between versions...)
EDIT:I too run itno a problem again, as Iain and had, and gotta reflash the rom to be able to mount some partitions.. and restore the backup once again.
(@gkalen, see what the issue was? Took me a long time to figure things out...)
Yes - there does seem to be some sort of incompatibility between the earlier TWRP versions and this 3.5.0. I wonder what might happen with downgrading from this week's ROM (with TWRP 3.5.0) to an earlier one? I would hope that earlier ROMs would completely over-write the TWRP in the recovery partition.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
I was testing the new TWRP (3.5.0) out before this new ROM was released. So TWRP 1206 was still in the Recovery partition from last week's ROM installation. I therefore Fastboot booted into the 3.5.0 TWRP with the TWRP 1206 that was with last week's ROM still in the recovery partition. I booted into it because all of the other TWRPs which decrypted caused a Recovery loop if flashed. I detailed all of the testing I did here.

Yes - there does seem to be some sort of incompatibility between the earlier TWRP versions and this 3.5.0. I wonder what might happen with downgrading from this week's ROM (with TWRP 3.5.0) to an earlier one? I would hope that earlier ROMs would completely over-write the TWRP in the recovery partition.
~Poor the ones that will have to deal with all this nightmare of incompatibility... (especially newcomers that might not know much or free time deprived people..)

Reactions: Iain_B
Status
Not open for further replies.