MIUI 12.5 21.3.3/5

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem that I cannot solve, the filter to block unwanted calls only blocks mobile numbers in the Blacklist does not block landline numbers. So I keep getting calls from landline numbers that I have blocked.
What can it depend on?
i have a poco F2 Pro with latest rom xiaomi.eu weekly

Inviato dal mio Redmi K30 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: bugnug80
I have a problem that I cannot solve, the filter to block unwanted calls only blocks mobile numbers in the Blacklist does not block landline numbers. So I keep getting calls from landline numbers that I have blocked.
What can it depend on?
i have a poco F2 Pro with latest rom xiaomi.eu weekly

Try to use E164 format like +4412345678

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Try to use E164 format like +4412345678

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk
I have already tried with +39 since I live in Italy but it didn't help

... I don't have the tool with me atm to swap the SIM cards over ...
Just in case anyone hasn't noticed: the "tool" to open the SIM drawer is essentially a bent paperclip; I always use an actual paperclip rather than finding the "tool", both with Xiaomi and other phones with a SIM drawer.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Just in case anyone hasn't noticed: the "tool" to open the SIM drawer is essentially a bent paperclip; I always use an actual paperclip rather than finding the "tool", both with Xiaomi and other phones with a SIM drawer.
Lol, be careful though not to put the tool/clip on a mic or speaker hole like me... When I first got my phone I almost pierced the secondary mic :emoji_laughing: (I realized it wasn't the ejection hole soon though, phew..).

[Edit: turns out there was a difference on how twrp and my file manager calcuate data, peobably the -byte/bit difference.. There's ~no problem with the new twrp.]
Umm, has the new twrp for mi 10 given more options to backup (like more partitions to backup)? A little before I had upgraded to this rom I made a backup with ~25gb (using the previous twrp). Now making a new backup with the new rom and twrp and it takes about 35gb.. What exactly has happened? The rom zip was about the same size as before (though unzipped the difference might was bigger). Is there some kind of an issue? Anybody who can create a backup eith the new twrp to check it?

Last edited:
Problems with Magisk 22 (recent RN7 ROMs)

I am using a rooted Redmi Note 7/lavender, with OrangeFox recovery and Magisk root. Until Magisk 21.4 I would install a new ROM and the current Magisk in a single operation (from OrangeFox, not the Updater app), and everything was hunky-dory. With Magisk 22 I made a copy of the .apk with .zip extension and found that nothing worked, I ended up without root, either trying to install from the app or installing from recovery. Worse, if I uninstalled Magisk then installed the previous 21.4 and the Manager I still didn't have root.
Before switching to magisk 22, I saw that people have problems with updating it, so before the next weekly update I completely removed magisk by magisk manager.
And now I update the ROM in the same way as before - create an installation queue of 2 zip files (ROM and Magisk-v22.0.zip), clear cache/dalvik, reboot to system.
It's a pity that there is no addon.d support to make the update process even easier.

Reactions: pol098 and Poney70
I have an issue that was present on 21.2.24 as well as still exists on 21.3.3. The SIM card I have in slot 2 is compatible with 5G, but suddenly the 'Prefer 5G" option is missing under preferred network type.

The SIM card I have in slot 1 has the option 'Prefer 5G', however the carrier for that SIM doesn't yet offer 5G in my area.

So I have a 5G SIM in slot 2 but I can't select it, and a 4G SIM in slot 1 that offers me the option but the carrier doesn't provide it. Initially 5G in slot 2 was working fine, even on 21.2.24 but something happened in the last few days that stopped it.

Anyone seen this before?
I Have a similar problem with my cas (mi 10 ultra)
My sim 1 operator offers 5G, but I can't select it preferences. The option is not there.

My sim 2 operator, doesn't offer it (in my area) but I do get the option to choose 5G in preferences.

My solution is to dial *#*#34834#*#*

You should get the option to choose 5G on both your sim cards.

The downside is that it needs to be done after every reboot. Is like rebooting the phone breaks this option to display 5G.
Its a weird thing.

Give it a try and let me know.

Reactions: WinterWarrior67
It's already mentioned many times, that people should also try deleting the "data/system/package_cache" folder from twrp too. Give it a try, it may work.
Deleted the folder but problem not solved. Can i try a downgrade with previous rom or this can cause other problems?

Inviato dal mio Mi 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

Deleted the folder but problem not solved. Can i try a downgrade with previous rom or this can cause other problems?

Inviato dal mio Mi 10 utilizzando Tapatalk
Eh, the previous one has the other twrp, you might run into twrp incompatibility issues. Try to reflash the same rom instead. (Yesterday I tried to redtorr a nandroid backup of the previous rom on this one and if you see yesterday posts here, you'll probably understand what I mean...)

Reactions: geoorg
[Edit: turns out there was a difference on how twrp and my file manager calcuate data, peobably the -byte/bit difference.. There's ~no problem with the new twrp.]
Umm, has the new twrp for mi 10 given more options to backup (like more partitions to backup)? A little before I had upgraded to this rom I made a backup with ~25gb (using the previous twrp). Now making a new backup with the new rom and twrp and it takes about 35gb.. What exactly has happened? The rom zip was about the same size as before (though unzipped the difference might was bigger). Is there some kind of an issue? Anybody who can create a backup eith the new twrp to check it?
I've just done a TWRP backup. I tried ticking all of the boxes, but quite a few of them unticked themselves when starting the backup.
I also noticed that the backup demanded over 31Gb of free memory. It would not start until that memory was actually free - which is annoying because I had to start removing some of my music!
I created enough space and have done the backup, and backed it up onto my PC. It turns out that even though it demanded over 31Gb free space, the actual backup is only 22.5Gb - only about 0.5Gb more than the previous TWRP. (This is only an estimate because I have only taken one backup so far).
So I am going to have to start managing my memory a bit better now!

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
I've just done a TWRP backup. I tried ticking all of the boxes, but quite a few of them unticked themselves when starting the backup.
I also noticed that the backup demanded over 31Gb of free memory. It would not start until that memory was actually free - which is annoying because I had to start removing some of my music!
I created enough space and have done the backup, and backed it up onto my PC. It turns out that even though it demanded over 31Gb free space, the actual backup is only 22.5Gb - only about 0.5Gb more than the previous TWRP. (This is only an estimate because I have only taken one backup so far).
So I am going to have to start managing my memory a bit better now!
I think it's just that different programs mean different things with "MB"; I think in binary, mb has a different size than what people commonly think (just like a 1tb drive is actually ~900gb on windows explorer).

Eh, the previous one has the other twrp, you might run into twrp incompatibility issues. Try to reflash the same rom instead. (Yesterday I tried to redtorr a nandroid backup of the previous rom on this one and if you see yesterday posts here, you'll probably understand what I mean...)
This is exactly one of the main concerns that I mentioned in one of my previous posts. I would really recommend avoiding a downgrade to a previous ROM, if at all possible. Even having a full backup of everything would probably not even make a restore straight forward.
I am afraid that I am not even going to attempt to test this out. The already experienced incompatibility between the two TWRPs really upsets some of the partitions which can be quite difficult to recover from.
So I would recommend that once upgraded to TWRP 3.5.0, ie. ROM 21.3.3, I would stick with it!
NB. This is only for Mi 10 (umi).

Reactions: katerpanne
I think it's just that different programs mean different things with "MB"; I think in binary, mb has a different size than what people commonly think (just like a 1tb drive is actually ~900gb on windows explorer).
I'm not sure about this because having done the backup, I have 7.5Gb free. Which calculates more or less correctly. So the backup is demanding a lot more memory than it actually uses, which the previous TWRPs did not.

I'm not sure about this because having done the backup, I have 7.5Gb free. Which calculates more or less correctly. So the backup is demanding a lot more memory than it actually uses, which the previous TWRPs did not.
My backup again was about 27gb, so I don't think there was an increase for me (maybe ~1-2gb).

Hello, do you know why some icon look weird in xiaomi.eu? and what can i do?

stock rom: st(ock.png stoookc.png

xiaomi.eu : photo_2021-03-07_18-04-36.jpg

Mi9T

With some phones, deleting the /data/system/package_cache folder helps remove the lagging. And if you have not already done so, clear the Dalvik and cache.
Problem with cache is solved. Tnx.

But still didnt manage to solve USSD code problem. Its only way to buy 4g internet package. When I dial *100# to choose package USSD code runs for few seconds but nothing happens, but than after like 2,3 seconds my cellular connection is lost and turns back on, like in the picture attached. Other codes like *101# works fine. Problem didnt occured before this 21.3.5 version...maybe I did something wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-07-18-14-27-888_com.android.phone_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-07-18-14-27-888_com.android.phone_1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_2021-03-07-18-14-36-798_com.android.contacts_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-07-18-14-36-798_com.android.contacts_1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 168
I'm using version 21.2.24, to upgrade to 21.3.3 / 5 just go to TWRP and install the zip? Need to give some wipe or form a date?

Reactions: edyw94
I'm using version 21.2.24, to upgrade to 21.3.3 / 5 just go to TWRP and install the zip? Need to give some wipe or form a date?
Yes just go to twrp and install the zip
After installing, wipe cache and dalvik cache
Reboot

Enjoy!

Hi,even after the last update i have the problem with system launcher
Eat 4.1% per hour
I tried nova launcher but I don't like

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-07-20-33-18-398_com.paget96.batteryguru.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-07-20-33-18-398_com.paget96.batteryguru.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 218
Status