MIUI 12.5 21.3.3/5

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody tried to restore a nandroid backup with the new twrp on mi 10? I tried to restore a backup I made with this twrp on this rom and failed. (Error 255, I deleted the extm file though before.)

Has anybody tried to restore a nandroid backup with the new twrp on mi 10? I tried to restore a backup I made with this twrp on this rom and failed. (Error 255, I deleted the extm file though before.)
Did you "Format Data"? You should try to install the ROM version where you created your backup and boot to system at least once. Then try to restore your backup in TWRP. :)

Reactions: geoorg
Did you "Format Data"? You should try to install the ROM version where you created your backup and boot to system at least once. Then try to restore your backup in TWRP. :)
I tried to restore a backup of the rom and twrp I used to make the backup. There shouldn't probably be such an issue. And no, didn't format data, that's not how I restore my backups (otherwise each time I'd ~have to move ~220gb of data from my pc to phone....).
Almost the same thing was happeneing the previous time I tried to restore a backuo eith this twrp, but had formated the data partion eithout being able to restore it, leaving my phone factroy reset...
EDIT:Gonna try something weird: boot into the twrp with fastboot insteadof using the menu (the same twrp is flashed) (Edit:didnt work..)
EDIT2:Ah you meant to flash the rom again, even if its the same? OK, trying it. Edit: Didnt work too... That new twrp has caused me ~more problems than the previous one did in ~3months... I might just flash the 1206
EDIT3:I just reflashed the new rom and setted up magisk and LP again. At least they seem to work. I'll probably just continue with the power hungry gallery app till the next version...

Last edited:
Hello everyone my xiaomi 9t Updated with the latest development version Will restart frequently, in the previousThe version does not have this problem, what should I do! Do you have problems with the automatic restart of your phone? Who should I report to!Thank you

Hi, I also use the Mi 9T and I have never had this problem. Neither in this version nor in any of the previous versions.
That doesn't really help you now, I guess ;)

Hello everyone my xiaomi 9t Updated with the latest development version Will restart frequently, in the previousThe version does not have this problem, what should I do! Do you have problems with the automatic restart of your phone? Who should I report to!Thank you
Hi - unless anyone suggests anything better, there are two things that I can think you could try:
1. Go into Recovery, clear Dalvik and cache, and delete the /data/system/package_cache folder, and then reinstall the ROM. Then reboot into System.
If this does not work,
2. Go into Recovery and do a Factory Reset. Then reboot into System.
Maybe one of these might work. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Possible to remove this? I did not find in the settings

photo_2021-03-08_11-00-30.jpg when slide open this photo_2021-03-08_11-00-28.jpg

I do not know if you are aware that Miui 12.5 now uses AI smart charging to help with battery management. You can read about it here and here.

Sometimes the freezing can be resolved by deleting the /data/system/package_cache folder if you did not do so when installing your ROM.
Been using this rom since Saturday and here's the follow-up: indeed deleting the data/system/package_cache solved the freezing and most of the system errors.
But I will go back to miui12.5 from version 21.2.3/4, overall it was a better rom. In the current version battery charging still is way slower and for me battery life with this rom is a disaster; my screen is draining battery twice as fast than with 21.2.3/4 rom (phone is in dark mode and still discharged by 34% in 3 hours while I was just reading pdf files)

Mi 9T pro user

Been using this rom since Saturday and here's the follow-up: indeed deleting the data/system/package_cache solved the freezing and most of the system errors.
But I will go back to miui12.5 from version 21.2.3/4, overall it was a better rom. In the current version battery charging still is way slower and for me battery life with this rom is a disaster; my screen is draining battery twice as fast than with 21.2.3/4 rom (phone is in dark mode and still discharged by 34% in 3 hours while I was just reading pdf files)

Mi 9T pro user
Can you check if gallery app was what consumed that much battery?

Reactions: Robert M
Can you check if gallery app was what consumed that much battery?
No, mostly the screen 71.02%, the gallery app wasn't in the list. In normal room condition my screen brightness is somewhere around 33% also my phone is in dark theme and the pdf background was converted to a dark grey. That's why I am confused by the fast discharging, there is no reason to discharge twice as fast than the same pdf but different rom.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
its sort of privacy security i guess & yeah its kinda annoying

Sorry i edited before

"Ok thanks but I can't remove the icon, or the page when I swipe left only the application shortcuts "

Yes I found in "privacy" then "private" and click on "protect clipboard" from there you can authorize forever

Reactions: biscoot
problem with screenshot, it does not slide, it is a problem that I have had from previous versions

Mi Note 10 Pro (Tucana)

Status
Not open for further replies.