MIUI 12.5 21.3.3/5

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my RN8 widevine level change from L1 to L3. Can somebody confirm if is just me?

Last edited:
aptX Bluetooth A2DP codecs for better quality
There are various codecs that give improved audio quality with the A2DP Bluetooth audio profile. In particular most Snapdragon processors (by Qualcomm, used in most Xiaomi phones) support original aptX and improved versions aptX HD, aptx LL, and aptX Adaptive, in addition to the default and inferior SBC codec. Many phones with Snapdragon processors support one or more of these, but some don't. I think it is an issue of licensing, as some phones with a particular processor do,, and others don't, support aptX. In the Xiaomi lineup, the more expensive models do, but the less expensive ones (e.g. Redmi) don't. (There has been some discussion about this, with some people saying aptX is supported, others not; but I checked my Redmi Note 7 and it's not.) There is a Magisk module to implement aptX support in Snapdragon processors with a phone rooted with Magisk. It is technically possible to enable aptX for any supported Snapdragon processor; is it possible to add aptX support in the xiaomi.eu ROMs? I suspect the answer will be "technically yes; but it would require a licence". Note: the aptX codecs only work if the device connected also supports it; there is no point in enabling aptX to use Bluetooth headphones without support. Also, aptX will probably use more battery power.
[It's possible I'm wrong, and aptX is supported on Redmis with xiaomi.eu ROM; it's quite hard to be sure.]

Installed 21.3.3 on my mi9 over the air update
everthing is working fine but the battery drains
the last update did not need so much energy.
But at least thank you for your work to keep us up to date great work.

best regards

Less than an hour screen time. Whats happening?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-08-19-19-16-774_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-08-19-19-16-774_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 299
Less than an hour screen time. Whats happening?
This doesn't look good...
Some proposals:
1)Disable and renable google play services and such and delete the data and cache of them. It seem like they consume too much power.
2)Download gsam battery monitor. Press the app tab and wander around the app a little. It will ask for root access. Give it and now it will work very well. You ~can see how much chrrent is drained real time ("-" negative current is chraging).
3)Download logcatX from google play, set the log to verbose or errors and see any errors any app might report. Then report to the developers (I tried too with gallery and got ~no response...)
3)I think you already have done it, but if not reinstall the same rom.
4)... Wait for next update...

I can confirm a bug on my MI 10. Under Button shortcuts in "turn off your screen", if you enable "turn off your screen" with navbar (buttons) and actually tries to use the navbar button shortcut to turn off the screen, it will black the whole display. Basically, the display does turn "off", but the always-on display and fingerprint animation/icon is not showing. The fingerprint stops working, registering, and accepting any fingerprints, but you can feel the haptics while taping and holding where the fingerprint area is as if you were trying to unlock the phone.

If you press the power button to turn on and off the phone, everything works again, but if you turn off the phone using the navbar button shortcut, this bug I presented above appears, and it's quite annoying.

Last edited:
hello, mi 9 lite and latest miui
i installed magisk 22 from zip (by renaming apk) and now my phone boot only in twrp
also installing 21.4 by zip file it boot to recovery
what do now?
also installing the uninstaller it boot to recovery

hello, mi 9 lite and latest miui
i installed magisk 22 from zip (by renaming apk) and now my phone boot only in twrp
also installing 21.4 by zip file it boot to recovery
what do now?
also installing the uninstaller it boot to recovery

Your best solution would probably be to flash the ROM again and wipe cache/dalvik in twrp.

Hi,

I have been performing dirty updates for a few months now and never got any major issue on my Mi 9, specially in what it takes to battery drain.

In this release I must say that, for the first time in months, I really notice a significant increase in battery consumption. Still can't find the root cause, but I notice on GSam Battery Monitor a huge consumption by Bluetooth (~40% of battery consumption) and still a lot of NlpWakeLocks by Google Play Services. Not sure however if this is normal and in line with previous releases.

Another issue I have is Tapatalk. It stopped working in this release (immediately quits after starting).

I can confirm a bug on my MI 10. Under Button shortcuts in "turn off your screen", if you enable "turn off your screen" with navbar (buttons) and actually tries to use the navbar button shortcut to turn off the screen, it will black the whole display. Basically, the display does turn "off", but the always-on display and fingerprint animation/icon is not showing. The fingerprint stops working, registering, and accepting any fingerprints, but you can feel the haptics while taping and holding where the fingerprint area is as if you were trying to unlock the phone.

If you press the power button to turn on and off the phone, everything works again, but if you turn off the phone using the navbar button shortcut, this bug I presented above appears, and it's quite annoying.
While I can't confirm this happening with all of the navbar buttons, it seems to happen only if the Home button is selected for the shortcut action, and only if AOD is enabled (if AOD is disabled, then the fingerprint icon is shown normally when the screen turns off).

Hi, I want to install Magisk on my Mi10(Umi). Is there any specific steps?
A few weeks ago I went from the Canary version to the stable version (22000), and that is working fine.
After you install it, keep the .apk file and rename it to .zip so that you can include it after the weekly ROM installation.
Hide the manager and include the new name with the autostart apps so that you can be informed of any updates.
Do not run any of the secure apps until you have included them in the MagiskHide list (shield icon on bottom of page / MagiskHide->).
It is all fairly logical, following the instructions.

sorry for my English.
The number for month doesn't show.
it show like this, 09/MM
i guess he don't say something about your english. he is telling you as you can report the issue to the appropiate language translating team.

mi9 lite / pyxis . It does not allow to enter the sound menu. it crash and returns to launcher

mi9t here, i m notice a big drain about Android system, i just delete the folder data/system/package_cache and wipe dalvik&cache but the drain persist. Also when i restart the phone the control center its a bit laggy, its need about 30seconds to works

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Status
Not open for further replies.