MIUI 12.6 21.3.31/4.1/2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the same USB I installed the rom after that. Not for the first time but 101 :).
Move the rom in internal storage and flash from there then. Also the fact that it worked before ~doesn't necessarily exclude the possibility of failing (since almost everything brakes at some point) :emoji_upside_down:.

Um, it might not help, but I had issues with the twrp, ~until I found out I had the storage in the install tab set to otg instead of internal. Would you like to check it?
i checked it, but because i dont use otg or have an sd-card slot, the internal storage is always set as default source

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but I haven't been able to use Google Lens since a couple updates ago. It keeps saying the app doesn't have camera permission even though there is no option to edit that because Google is a system app.

I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but I haven't been able to use Google Lens since a couple updates ago. It keeps saying the app doesn't have camera permission even though there is no option to edit that because Google is a system app.
Suggestion (you may want to backup the app or perform a nandroid backup before):
Uninstall and resinstall the app
Maybe first uninstall updates and update again.
If it fails, then try to remove the app. Install a terminal emulator (like termux).
To give it root, type su
Then type
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.ar.lens
(This is a similar process of debloating your phone, in our case to uninstall the system app google lens. I did it to remove ny buggy gallery. I ~dunno how your system will react.)
Google lens is probably removed.
Boot into twrp, go to /data/system/package_cache and delete the package_cache folder. Also wipe dalik/cache. Reinstall the app from llay store and check again.
Btw, getting a debug log txt of the app might help (maybe with logcat extreme app).

Btw, a small update my gallery:
It turns out updating the rom didn't bring it back, maybe it is inlcuded whenever there's an update for it. Either way, I ~can install it from third party app store, but probably not planning to.

Reactions: KGVER and Iain_B
Suggestion (you may want to backup the app or perform a nandroid backup before):
Uninstall and resinstall the app
Maybe first uninstall updates and update again.
If it fails, then try to remove the app. Install a terminal emulator (like termux).
To give it root, type su
Then type
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.ar.lens
(This is a similar process of debloating your phone, in our case to uninstall the system app google lens. I did it to remove ny buggy gallery. I ~dunno how your system will react.)
Google lens is probably removed.
Boot into twrp, go to /data/system/package_cache and delete the package_cache folder. Also wipe dalik/cache. Reinstall the app from llay store and check again.
Btw, getting a debug log txt of the app might help (maybe with logcat extreme app).
Everything you asked me to try has not helped, I'll attach my log to this message, maybe it helps trying to get the functionality back. I Really want the app to work again because I used it on a daily basis and I'm currently using a second phone for Google Lens.

Attachments

• Log_2021-04-02_14-32-55.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Same problem on my Mi 10
When @Brian Amesz reported this last time, I suggested switching over to buttons, which he tried and did not work. He then rebooted, which seemed to work. So maybe the combination of the two worked?
Also, I wonder how well you prepared your phone for the new ROM. Did you tidy up your own system before installing the new ROM?
E.g. clear phone memory; run cleaner; clear recents; clear Dalvik; clear cache; delete /data/system/package_cache folder.

Reactions: KGVER
When @Brian Amesz reported this last time, I suggested switching over to buttons, which he tried and did not work. He then rebooted, which seemed to work. So maybe the combination of the two worked?
Also, I wonder how well you prepared your phone for the new ROM. Did you tidy up your own system before installing the new ROM?
E.g. clear phone memory; run cleaner; clear recents; clear Dalvik; clear cache; delete /data/system/package_cache folder.
How can we clear those last 3 without root? I don't want to root my device

Sorry I forgot this is the general miui 12.6 thread, I'm running this build on the Mi11 which doesn't have twrp

Running 21.3.31 on Mi 10 umi, everything fine so far but I can't get full screen gestures to work with Nova Launcher at all. Coming from EU 12.0.8 where it worked. Anyone a fix for this? Rebooted several times already, still nothing.

Reactions: KGVER
Running 21.3.31 on Mi 10 umi, everything fine so far but I can't get full screen gestures to work with Nova Launcher at all. Coming from EU 12.0.8 where it worked. Anyone a fix for this? Rebooted several times already, still nothing.

As people said here before , gestures works only with the official miui launcher on android 11. :)

EDIT: As @Poney70 said previously...

" You have to set "MIUI Launcher" as default launcher in phone's settings then reboot. ;)

Full gesture support is not available in third-party launcher, on all MIUI ROMs with Android 11 (for now). "

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.