MIUI 12.6 21.4.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so installing the rom is the first step then format?
Installation flashes to the system partition (System as root) while formatting Data formats Data - therefore, it doesn't matter in which order you execute these two steps

Also, wipe Cache - again, different partition and therefore it doesn't matter in which order you execute all the three steps

(You also need to wipe Dalwik but it will be wiped while you format Data anyway)

And btw, really Format Data, not just wipe - different thing and different options in TWRP

PS: For practical reasons, install the ROM first, then Format Data - since Formatting Data will also wipe Internal memory, hence also the downloaded RON zip

Last edited:
Is this good? I'm using this current weekly build
The screen seems to have been on for much of the time, and you were using YouTube. Both drain power from the battery. It depends how much you were using the phone over that period. You do not even have the Battery saver on. So even if the phone does not look as though it is doing anything, there could still be apps running in the background, consuming power.
You have more settings in the top-right hand corner of the screen.

I installed this rom (upgrading from 11) hoping to fix the issue with Google Pay NFC not working on my Mi 9T.
Unfortunately it is still saying "Your phone doesn't meet security standards".
It does pass SafetyNet now, though so I'm confused :/
Wipe "All data" of Google Pay app in phone's settings. ;)

Hi guys.
So I was trying to flash 21.4.28 today. But every time I finished flashing the ROM and reboot into the system, it just goes straight into the recovery again and said no OS installed. Can anyone help me with this? I am using Mi10T Pro with official EEA now.
I tried a couple of different recoveries but had the same issue. I tried format data first then push .zip file with adb into TWRP and flash, didn't work. I tried without format data and didn't work either. Not sure where exactly I did wrong. I thought I follow the instruction pretty much to the teeth.
Thank you very much in advance.

Hi guys.
So I was trying to flash 21.4.28 today. But every time I finished flashing the ROM and reboot into the system, it just goes straight into the recovery again and said no OS installed. Can anyone help me with this? I am using Mi10T Pro with official EEA now.
I tried a couple of different recoveries but had the same issue. I tried format data first then push .zip file with adb into TWRP and flash, didn't work. I tried without format data and didn't work either. Not sure where exactly I did wrong. I thought I follow the instruction pretty much to the teeth.
Thank you very much in advance.
Welcome :)
@Blastboom Strice has described a method to go from Stable to Weekly in this post #197.
There is an alternative to using the USB-OTG method at the end to get the .zip ROM onto your system. If you know it, you can use it, otherwise the use the USB-OTG method as described.

Reactions: geoorg
then you need to install gesture navigation app from playstore i.e. fluid navigation gesture
i'll give it a try

edit: i need to set everything new in the app, if i restart my phone :-(

Last edited:
If, for example, I have played YouTube music and close the app, the upper area remains permanently reserved. after the lock screen, the image reappears. only a reboot fixes the problem.
Mi 9 cepheus

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-03-07-05-52-761_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-03-07-05-52-761_com.miui.home.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_2021-05-03-07-05-56-122_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-03-07-05-56-122_com.miui.home.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 247
Reactions: Twizama and zzaabb
If, for example, I have played YouTube music and close the app, the upper area remains permanently reserved. after the lock screen, the image reappears. only a reboot fixes the problem.
Mi 9 cepheus
I've actually got the exact same issue on my MI 11 ultra running latest weekly. Happens with YouTube music or even the Lifechurch Bible app if you use the audio version.

It basically leaves a static audio control notification even after closing the application completely. I ended up just having to disable notifications on apps that have audio notifications.

Sent from my M2102K1C using Tapatalk

Reactions: zzaabb
I've actually got the exact same issue on my MI 11 ultra running latest weekly. Happens with YouTube music or even the Lifechurch Bible app if you use the audio version.

It basically leaves a static audio control notification even after closing the application completely. I ended up just having to disable notifications on apps that have audio notifications.

Sent from my M2102K1C using Tapatalk
Confirm, also with spotify or any other audio app.

Reactions: WinterWarrior67
Welcome :)
@Blastboom Strice has described a method to go from Stable to Weekly in this post #197.
There is an alternative to using the USB-OTG method at the end to get the .zip ROM onto your system. If you know it, you can use it, otherwise the use the USB-OTG method as described.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have read through post #197 and I think I am having the problem where he/she mentioned at the very end. After I formatted data the storage got unmounted and I can't reboot into the system. Maybe I wiped it wrong. I will follow the post and wipe again at some point.
It does mention that I have to have a flash drive. But what if I don't have a type-c flash drive or I don't have a OTG cable? Is there a way to do this? I can't really adb sideload the .zip file with an unmounted storage.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I have read through post #197 and I think I am having the problem where he/she mentioned at the very end. After I formatted data the storage got unmounted and I can't reboot into the system. Maybe I wiped it wrong. I will follow the post and wipe again at some point.
It does mention that I have to have a flash drive. But what if I don't have a type-c flash drive or I don't have a OTG cable? Is there a way to do this? I can't really adb sideload the .zip file with an unmounted storage.
Thanks again.
Check out @Poney70's advice. (It's for anothwr phone, download the correct rom+twrp for your device.(
Also, you should probably be able to copy the rom zip to your phone through a usb connection with the pc.

Check out @Poney70's advice. (It's for anothwr phone, download the correct rom+twrp for your device.(
Also, you should probably be able to copy the rom zip to your phone through a usb connection with the pc.
Thanks. I will take a look at the post afterwards.
In terms of usb connection to the pc. Once I format the data my phone automatically disconnected to my pc. Not until I reboot back into recovery then my phone will be connected with my pc. But even though it's connected, I drag the .zip file over but it doesn't show up in the install section of twrp. Not sure why.
But thanks for the reply. I will take a look at the post later.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Thanks. I will take a look at the post afterwards.
In terms of usb connection to the pc. Once I format the data my phone automatically disconnected to my pc. Not until I reboot back into recovery then my phone will be connected with my pc. But even though it's connected, I drag the .zip file over but it doesn't show up in the install section of twrp. Not sure why.
But thanks for the reply. I will take a look at the post later.
You have to download official fastboot rom , extract and take the official mi recovery.img from images folder ..
Flash stock recovery.img , enter to mi recovery and wipe all data ..
Reboot your device ... If you already flashed EU rom then your device will open and after all you can flash twrp recovery again and this time you won't have issues ..
The tip you should know is that you have to wipe data with official mi recovery to boot to EU rom and after all you can flash permanently twrp ..

Edit
Also you should try with twrp from geoanto555 before you proceed ..

Everytime i try to change theme i got this message.Try to change region but always get this message.
Any chance to solve it ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-03-18-15-43-216_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-03-18-15-43-216_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    645.4 KB · Views: 178
Everytime i try to change theme i got this message.Try to change region but always get this message.
Any chance to solve it ?
Solve what? Your selected theme was not tested with your current MIUI version, it doesn't mean it will not work...

Solve what? Your selected theme was not tested with your current MIUI version, it doesn't mean it will not work...
I just a screenshot,that message appear on every theme from theme store, is not about that theme particulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.