MIUI 12.6 21.5.20/21

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for asking again - now I have few more findings about my problem

Does anybody know where the Updater stores (unsuccessful) downloads and/or anything about (excepts on Internal memory, root and its folder in /data/data aka /data/user/0

I have Magisk/root (and MiXplorer) and TWRP, hence I could delete but I cannot find what/where

Problem:

Opening System or System, My Device, they note me that some update is available (screenshots 1,2).
However, I have 12.5.20, and Updater reports that I'm up-to-date (screenshot 3)

When I ran Security app, it reported me that (the old) 21.4.28 is available - I'm not sure but maybe a month ago I tried downloaded 21.4.28 (when it was brand new) from Updater and it failed then (hence maybe, something/somewhere remained on the phone)

I already did/tried:

- Clear Cache and All data for Updater from Settings, Apps
- Wiped Cache from TWRP
- Manually deleted /data/data/com.android.updater
- Also, I have inspected Internal memory (files and folders on root and also /Android/data) and /data partition (by browsing with MiXplorer as much as it made sense) but I could nowhere find anything to look like as the additional files remained by Updater (or something about the old 21.4.28)
- I also opened Downloads app and deleted everything it showed me for (the old) downloads.
- I did deep cleaning from Security app, no avail - still showing that not-available Xiaomi.eu update

I remember that once when I successfully dowlnoaded Xiaomi.eu weekly zip from Updater, it downloaded the zip and md5 files to Internal memory, root Another time when it failed it was also broken zip and md5 file theren- but now I don't find anything there

It makes me crazy because downloading by Updater was faster than from AFH or from SFN - and Updater downloads both the zip and md5 files

However, because of that problem (?), I was unable to download 21.5.20 from Updater last Thursday - My device was also showing an Update available but Updater was reporting that I was up-to-date (same case as I have now when I manually updated to 21.5.20)

Or what else should I do to get rid of - I will not go into Wiping (or even Formatting) Internalmemory or Data (like Factory reset) since it's my daily driver and everything else works perfect

Does anybody know where the Updater stores (unsuccessful) downloads and/or anything about (excepts on Internal memory, root and its folder in /data/data aka /data/user/0

I have Magisk/root (and MiXplorer) and TWRP, hence I could delete but I cannot find what/where

Problem:

Opening System or System, My Device, they note me that some update is available (screenshots 1,2).

When I ran Security app, it reported me that (the old) 21.4.28 is available - I'm not sure but maybe a month ago I tried downloaded 21.4.28 (when it was brand new) from Updater and it failed then (hence maybe, something/somewhere remained on the phone)

I already did/tried:

- Wiped Cache from TWRP
- Also, I have inspected Internal memory (files and folders on root and also /Android/data) and /data partition (by browsing with MiXplorer as much as it made sense) but I could nowhere find anything to look like as the additional files remained by Updater (or something about the old 21.4.28)
- I also opened Downloads app and deleted everything it showed me for (the old) downloads.
- I did deep cleaning from Security app, no avail - still showing that not-available Xiaomi.eu update

I remember that once when I successfully dowlnoaded Xiaomi.eu weekly zip from Updater, it downloaded the zip and md5 files to Internal memory, root Another time when it failed it was also broken zip and md5 file theren- but now I don't find anything there

It makes me crazy because downloading by Updater was faster than from AFH or from SFN - and Updater downloads both the zip and md5 files

However, because of that problem (?), I was unable to download 21.5.20 from Updater last Thursday - My device was also showing an Update available but Updater was reporting that I was up-to-date (same case as I have now when I manually updated to 21.5.20)

Or what else should I do to get rid of - I will not go into Wiping (or even Formatting) Internalmemory or Data (like Factory reset) since it's my daily driver and everything else works perfectView attachment 36851View attachment 36852View attachment 36853View attachment 36854
u can download update beta via sourceforge or AFH & manually flash zip files via twrp

Problem:

I already did/tried:

- Wiped Cache from TWRP

Or what else should I do to get rid of - I will not go into Wiping (or even Formatting) Internalmemory or Data (like Factory reset) since it's my daily driver and everything else works perfect
u can download update beta via sourceforge or AFH & manually flash zip files via twrp
Yes - this is what I was going to suggest. If you use a (PC) program like JDownloader, it will help with the downloading.
As you are staying with the weekly ROMs, you should not need to do anything like wiping or formatting.

As you seem to have so much going on (!), I would suggest that you consider doing a full nandriod (eg. TWRP) backup before starting your updating.

Ofc I know, I mentioned that in the post (besides how else I did update to 21.5.20 since I already had the same problem with Updater) and mentioned in the post the reasons I would prefere to be able to do it by Updater (no need to check on the Forum when they open the new thread and to go to AFH/SFN, besides download from Updater much faster

Hence I'm looking for gow to resolve the problem if somebody knows, not for the things I know and I already explained in the post

Yes - this is what I was going to suggest. If you use a (PC) program like JDownloader, it will help with the downloading.
As you are staying with the weekly ROMs, you should not need to do anything like wiping or formatting.

As you seem to have so much going on (!), I would suggest that you consider doing a full nandriod (eg. TWRP) backup before starting your updating.
Guys, thank you - but did you read my whole post, didn't I explain that I know (and ofc using that) about AFH/SFN etc in my post above?!

I'm not asking for things I know and what I already described in the post (hoping that people will read and not'abswer' me the same things) but if somebody knows how to reselve the problem with Updater

Btw, I'm ob A11 weeklies since December and I have already updated so many weeks without formating (except the first time when I was jumping to the wagon) etc... Hence I'm not asking for instructiions for newbies

Last edited:
Guys, thank you - but did you read my whole post, didn't I explain that I know (and ofc using that) about AFH/SFN etc in my post above?!

I'm not asking for things I know and what I already described in the post (hoping that people will read and not'abswer' me the same things) but if somebody knows how to reselve the problem with Updater

Btw, I'm ob A11 weeklies since December and I have already updated so many weeks without formating (except the first time when I was jumping to the wagon) etc... Hence I'm not asking for instructiions for newbies
You explained so many problems it was difficult to know what you actually wanted to resolve, or in fact achieve (but what you wanted to avoid). There have been issues with the updater app which you can find have been well documented over the weeks. The conclusion that I came to was that you wanted a trouble free / easy way to update your ROMs. Both @biscoot and I came to this same conclusion. I cannot comment on the updater app - I have never used it! *

* [Edit: I have used it once, to download a new ROM (into the root folder, with the MD5 file). Something happened that I then had to manually go over to TWRP to install the ROM.]

Last edited:
Reactions: JiaiJ and biscoot
1.) Does anybody have also the problem that "FAST CHARGING" will not "appear" after the ROM UPDATE .
2.) Why i always have to setup from scratch the language in TWRP Mode?

thank you for your answers.....

@zgfg12 all files are stored in root of internal storage, in case you break or download will fail rom is there with .part extension, all part files gets clean once new version is found;
no needs to format anything, you already done necessary cleaning, open/close Updater app few times being connected to the Internet and report back please;

Reactions: ebol94
1.) Does anybody have also the problem that "FAST CHARGING" will not "appear" after the ROM UPDATE .

To 1 no, it works on venus.
To 2, no idea it is probably set to CN as default.

1) I do not know if you are aware that Miui 12.5 now uses AI smart charging to help with battery management. You can read about it here and here. *
2) A few versions of TWRP start in chinese. Have a look to see if there are any other (later?) TWRP versions for your phone that you may be able to set the language in.

[Edit: Also check the hardware (charger/cable) to make sure that neither have become faulty.]

Hello! tucana device. I put the Chinese similar weekly version and so it works much faster, applications open twice as fast. Developers, do you by any chance know what the problem is?

Hello! tucana device. I put the Chinese similar weekly version and so it works much faster, applications open twice as fast. Developers, do you by any chance know what the problem is?
The 'problem' is frequently down to how the individual manages their own phone - settings, apps, method of use, etc. It is similar to people complaining about their battery discharge rate. Everyone uses their phone in a different way.

Reactions: biscoot
Are there benchmark results to backup this claim?
Or it's all down to your perception

Reactions: biscoot and Iain_B
@zgfg12 all files are stored in root of internal storage, in case you break or download will fail rom is there with .part extension, all part files gets clean once new version is found;
no needs to format anything, you already done necessary cleaning, open/close Updater app few times being connected to the Internet and report back please;
Thanks but unfortunately, it doesn't resolve. I'm constantly b
on the Net (WiFi at home and at work, Mobile in town) I've reopened Updater 30-40 times last three days but it doesn't go away.

I did it exactly 12 times right this evening, when I was browsing and reading the daily news (one page in browser, check Settings and then Updater, next news page in browser, again Settings and Updater, etc).

And I have again checked my root of Internal memory, both from MiXplorer, stock Files and TWRP (Advanced, File Manager), and there is no (incomplete) zip or md5 file or anyhing (just the regular folders Android, Downloads, etc)

Btw, I checked also /data/ota and it's empty (I know that Updater didn't download Xiaomi.eu there, but I checked just in case)

Edit, screenrecording of the new, repeated Updater use:

Last edited:
Sound is turned off by default when playing video in gallery :( :(

Attachments

• IMG_20210523_160232.jpg
    IMG_20210523_160232.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.