MIUI 12.6 21.6.16/17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After few days usage with unknown reason Navigation bar glow after touch is persist, not back to transparent. Mi note 10 pro tucana. Anyone with this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_20210622_060738.jpg
    IMG_20210622_060738.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 260
Hi katerpanne,

The issue is not the gestures, I had Fluid Navigation Gestures in my previous miui 12 (V12.2.7) and it worked perfectly. The problem is that I am not able to hide the navigations buttons:

View attachment 37509

I was able to hide in settings with the previous miui version.

Thanks
After you set your default home screen to 3rd party app, search in settings with keyword "gesture", then you will find it.

How can I update my phone's miui version? I have a Xiaomi mi 11 ultra MIUI version "MIUI 12.6 by Xiaomi.eu 21.5.13 Beta" (weekly)
and i flashed via fastboot. Do i need to wait until a fastboot version is available? I don't want to be stuck on an old version. Thanks!

Reactions: MIUI.G and geoorg
Google crashing
d48b14d59dab39ce118a3f187f67fa67.jpg

Послато са Redmi K20 Pro помоћу Тапатока

Yeah I had this too. But I resolved it. Update to latest Google app in play store (and any other google related things). Go to Google app, don't open it but long press on it and press the info icon. Then delete cache and data of Google app. You can re-open it now

Reactions: biscoot
Setting fingerprint sensor to read fingerprint on PRESS isn't working
Welcome :)
You do not say what phone you are using.
Typically, both finger and sensor should be clean, and finger should sometimes be moved to be able to read it properly.
If not, you could try to re-input your fingerprints again.

Can I go from 12.3. 20.11.18 weekly straight to 12.6 or do I need to backup/wipe phone etc.? Mi 10 Pro
Going from one weekly to another weekly, you should be able to do without needing to format data.
It is always advisable to take backups when updating ROMs (I always do).
How well your data will be preserved with such a large gap, and going through different versions is difficult to say. These are BETA ROMs. You could try updating in stages, especially where there are any version changes. If data preservation is not an issue, you can do an update straight to the latest ROM (no formatting etc.), and then do a Factory reset. A TWRP Factory reset would not normally delete your files.

why dont you use the search function? Its mentioned about 3697 times

Xiaomi decided to implement full gestures only in stock launcher not in system UI and not in poco launcher

Workarounds:
  • Install from GooglePlayStore:
    • Edge Gestures
    • Infinity Gestures
    • Fluid Navigation Gestures
  • Use CustoMIUIzer
    • Laucher -> Gestures -> there you have a lot of options

Can you please provide instructions how to get gestures to work with Nova Launcher?

I am rooted on Mi 11 Ultra v21.6.16. I have tried and was NOT able to get gestures to work without a navigation bar with Nova Launcher:
  • Fluid Navigation Gestures: Enabled
    All permissions given:
    - Display over other apps = On
    - Autostart = On
    - Battery saver = No restrictions
    - Accessibility service = on
    Hide navigation bar ticked with root. In MIUI system settings I tried both 3 buttons and Gestures. Gestures stop working as soon as the navigation bar disappears.

• CustoMIUIzer v3.1.6: EdXposed module Enabled
    - Autostart = On
    - Battery saver = No restrictions

- Launcher > Gestures > Swipe up action (1 Finger) > Launch App > Nova Launcher
    - Controls > Navigation Bar > Hide navbar ON
    - Full screen navigation gestures > Horizontal gestures ON
    - Settings management > Backup
    - Normal Reboot and/or Soft Reboot.

Gestures don't work and navigation bar is still visible. (In MIUI system settings I tried both 3 buttons and Gestures). I also tried Detailed network speed indicator mod, but it doesn't work, it just removes the Network speed indicator completely.

Can you please provide instructions how to get gestures to work with Nova Launcher?

I am rooted on Mi 11 Ultra v21.6.16. I have tried and was NOT able to get gestures to work without a navigation bar with Nova Launcher
Two workarounds to hide the navigation bar:

1) Reported as a not permanent hide/Need to be done again after a reboot:

You could try a command with ADB*:
Code:
adb shell
settings put global force_fsg_nav_bar 1

* Make sure that both "USB debugging" and "USB debugging (Security settings)" are enabled.

2) https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-12-0-12-1-12-2-12-5-stable-release.56191/post-610927

:)

Reactions: SkyPro and ZedeN
Two workarounds to hide the navigation bar:

1) Reported as a not permanent hide/Need to be done again after a reboot:

2) https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-12-0-12-1-12-2-12-5-stable-release.56191/post-610927

:)
Thank you! The Magisk module actually works!

Also found that Full Screen Gestures works well. Enable Full Screen Gestures application and give it all the required permissions. Then in MIUI system settings enable gestures. Everything just works, but you do need to reenable gestures from MIUI system settings after reboot.

Reactions: Poney70
Thanks for all your work!!

Here on Mi 9T sometimes the "home gesture" dont work, the "back" works fine, but not the "home" (from bottom), to get it working I have to restart the smartphone.

When I deactivate WiFi, the (activated) mobile data only becomes active after a restart.
Changing the SIM from slot 1 to slot 2 only fixed the problem briefly.
Clear Dalvic and cache in TWRP did not help.

Which APPs do I have to delete the data / cache to eliminate the problem?

Is dual apps working? I made clean install but dual apps not working now.
Go in phone's settings => "Apps" => "Dual apps" => Click the settings icon in the top right corner -> "Delete dual apps' accounts"

Your device will automatically reboot and you can try to create dual apps now. :)

I don't use dual apps so I can't help you more. ;)

Go in phone's settings => "Apps" => "Dual apps" => Click the settings icon in the top right corner -> "Delete dual apps' accounts"

Your device will automatically reboot and you can try to create dual apps now. :)

I don't use dual apps so I can't help you more. ;)

it worked.. thank you so much :) you saved my day..

If you have root try island or shelter.

I resolved the problem (Thanks to Poney70) but I'll try this apps.. thanks

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
I installed this on my Mi 11 ultra, after restoring every app from Xiaomi cloud backup, all apps are crushing and nothing is opening, What do I need to do to make it work!???

I installed this on my Mi 11 ultra, after restoring every app from Xiaomi cloud backup, all apps are crushing and nothing is opening, What do I need to do to make it work!???
If no-one else offers anything, I would suggest the following:
Do a Factory reset from within TWRP if possible - that should keep all of your files.
After setting up your phone, restore only the apps (with their data) that you need. (Don't restore any system settings.)
But hang on to see if anyone else has any other suggestions.

Reactions: JiaiJ and geoorg
Status
Not open for further replies.