MIUI 12.6 21.6.2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha tnx for the screenshots @AJSRO. I searched your model and it has a notch. Probably the game tries to hide the notch while playing. Some things to check:
1)Add/Remove those games in game turbo.
2)Check the hide notch settings from settings-> notifications and control center-> status bar-> hide notch

Thanks bro! Yes, I tried that too, but was unsuccessful.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Hello I have a question. I want to sell my device and delete my personal data beforehand. The twrp and the xiaomi.eu should of course not be deleted. What do I have to delete? Have not done this before. Thank you for an answer.

Hello!

In developer options, disable miui optimization is missing. I tried all of the solutions possible to find. Any chance to change this unpleasant behavior in the next weekly rom?

Also impossible to turn off animations, despite turned off in developer settings, and other settings where possible.

Thank you!

To prevent these in the future I have an idea:
In every new rom, before somebody posts his/her first message in there, a pop up will show up containing:
1)The rules for posting (quickly), 2) the current bugs or a link to the bugs thread, and 3)an advice to use the search function and search the last rom and bug threads (at least) with a link to the search function and the rom/bug threads. It probably meeds some coding on your side and ~dunno how willing you are to do this, but it may help.
We don't have any control over how the forum looks or works, this is fully under the administrator's control, and I won't bug him about such time-wasters.

In developer options, disable miui optimization is missing. I tried all of the solutions possible to find. Any chance to change this unpleasant behavior in the next weekly rom?
Of course not. It's hidden intentionally, because you have no business disabling them, and unlocking a hefty amount of issues in the process. It'll remain hidden.

Also impossible to turn off animations, despite turned off in developer settings, and other settings where possible.
Nothing to do with us. We don't program the animations.

is anyone else with WhatsApp bug when send voice message?
And some random crash too
Poco F3

Poco F3

Code:
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: no such table: miui_modem_station_info (code 1 SQLITE_ERROR): , while compiling: SELECT station, longitude, latitude, blurStation, blurLongitude, blurLatitude FROM miui_modem_station_info WHERE blurStation == ? or station == ?
 at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativePrepareStatement(Native Method)
 at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.acquirePreparedStatement(Unknown Source:19)
 at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.prepare(Unknown Source:12)
 at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteSession.prepare(Unknown Source:12)
 at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteProgram.<init>(Unknown Source:45)
 at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteQuery.<init>(Unknown Source:1)
 at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDirectCursorDriver.query(Unknown Source:8)
 at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.rawQueryWithFactory(Unknown Source:14)
 at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.queryWithFactory(Unknown Source:29)
 at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.query(Unknown Source:18)
 at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.query(Unknown Source:12)
 at com.lbe.security.service.provider.internal.BlurLocation$StationInfoHelper.getBlurLocation(Unknown Source:179)
 at com.lbe.security.service.provider.internal.BlurLocation.a(Unknown Source:258)
 at com.lbe.security.service.provider.internal.BlurLocation.b(Unknown Source:0)
 at com.lbe.security.service.provider.internal.b.run(Unknown Source:6)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:923)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Igor Eisberg, while looking for something different, I found a typo in /system/vendor/build.prop.. I don't know it is from Xiaomi or the ROM so I report that here first. See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_20210605_235916.jpg
    IMG_20210605_235916.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 229
Poco F3

I don't have a Poco F3, but on Mi 11 nothing crashes and I can send voice messages as always, with no glitches or bugs.

Hello I have a question. I want to sell my device and delete my personal data beforehand. The twrp and the xiaomi.eu should of course not be deleted. What do I have to delete? Have not done this before. Thank you for an answer.

just install the default rom on your phone before this using xiaomi flash tools

Yo, welcome to the club. (Gives me flashbacks...) Please search ~all my comments (from @Blastboom Strice) containing the word "gallery" and the chat around. I had a very similar issue few months ago. Deleting app data (through twrp), factory resetting and deleting data, didn't fix it. I eventually removed it (and removed the xiaomi account too). In the changelog, you can see the app was updated. Maybe this caused it. Check if the problem continues. (I have a mi 10 too btw.)
If you delete the app and look for another one, check this one.
Question: Did you ever update the app through google play?

PS. See @Igor Eisberg, another one with such an issue. :emoji_laughing: Btw, I might had updated the app sometime from playstore, I ~don't remember.
Thanks for the info, my gallery app version is 2.2.0.
I am not sure if it play store updated or rom original. Any way it happend 2 time for the past few days, now seems to be o.k.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Hello!

Thank you!
What for do you need Disable MIUI optimizations - it makes more troubles then good

If you need to install a split app (like when installing Vanced YT root), enable Install via USB (also in Developer options), that will suffice

Hello,

First, do not forget to remove your device from your Mi Account if you plan to sell it. :)

Then, use "Format Data" button in "Wipe" menu of TWRP to wipe all your data.

;)

There is some issue about Mi 9T Pro model naming.
Maybe it was made for some reason I dunno but compared with previous builds model name became Redmi K20 Pro instead of Mi 9T Pro.
I've checked this strings in different build.prop's and there is the result:
persist.sys.device_name: Redmi K20 Pro
ro.product.model: Redmi K20 Pro
ro.product.odm.model: Redmi K20 Pro
ro.product.product.model: Redmi K20 Pro
ro.product.system.model: Redmi K20 Pro
ro.product.system_ext.model: Redmi K20 Pro
ro.product.vendor.model: Redmi K20 Pro
It's no so big deal but it would be cool if it could be fixed in next build.

• Angry
Reactions: Poney70
Maybe it was made for some reason I dunno but compared with previous builds model name became Redmi K20 Pro instead of Mi 9T Pro.

This change was made on purpose if I remember correctly.
Having the global names will break some app(s)...

This is not "some issue"
The rom for your device is based on the redmi k20 pro
Which is the china variant of your device.
So it's the way it should be.

To prevent these in the future I have an idea:
In every new rom, before somebody posts his/her first message in there, a pop up will show up containing:
1)The rules for posting (quickly), 2) the current bugs or a link to the bugs thread, and 3)an advice to use the search function and search the last rom and bug threads (at least) with a link to the search function and the rom/bug threads. It probably meeds some coding on your side and ~dunno how willing you are to do this, but it may help.
I doubt that helps because most people here don't want to read or are just too lazy to read. Why should they? Being spoon-fed is much easier and more convenient.

Hello,

First, do not forget to remove your device from your Mi Account if you plan to sell it. :)

Then, use "Format Data" button in "Wipe" menu of TWRP to wipe all your data.

;)
Thank you for the Answer. Format Data with "Yes"? Do I have to install the current zip again afterwards?

Thank you for the Answer. Format Data with "Yes"? Do I have to install the current zip again afterwards?
Format Data formats the Data partition (incl. internal memory), therefore not the ROM itself from System partition.
However, you're maybe better off flashing back the stock ROM and locking the Bootloader (it was unlocked with your account) to avoid possible troubles and missunderstandings for the new buyer.
You can find a guide on Internet about using the Mi Flash tool

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70 and RedWolf
Weather and clock items are missing. Calendar is correct. Workaround use x icon changer and select a new item for these apps.
Off topic little bit, but where did you get this Icon pack? This looks pretty original. Looking for it, but any theme etc. causes the icons to be changed. I just want stock android icons :-D
If you use that X icon changer, when you select e.g. Calendar app to create a shortcut (app creates the shortcut, not icon, there is a small difference in concepts), you have an option to take the icon from (another) app - but you select again from the Calendar app itself.
That way, X icon changer will create the shortcut (fine for Display size XS or M) from the default S size icon still packed in the Calendar - hence the shortcut will look like the original Calendar icon

You must allow X icon changer to create shortcuts, and you must temporarily switch off AdAway, Private DNS or anything that could block a promotional video in X icon maker. Until you watch that promotional video, the app will not allow you to create a shortcut by using the icon from an app

Difference between the shortcut and icon:
- shortcut only opens the app, it's missing the options like App info, etc
- you will have that new shortcut only on the home screwn, while the empty/black Calendar (Clock or Weather) icon will remain in the App drawer

But nevertheless it is a good solution. I have Mi 9T, I use Display size L and with this trick I have shortcuts on the home screen for Calendar and Clock that look just like their original icons (for Weather I don't need, I use its widget anyway)

Last edited:
Format Data formats the Data partition (incl. internal memory), therefore not the ROM itself from System partition.
However, you're maybe better off flashing back the stock ROM and locking the Bootloader (it was unlocked with your account) to avoid possible troubles and missunderstandings for the new buyer.
Thank you for the Answer. Do I have to install the current zip again afterwards?
But the buyer really wanted the Xiaomi.eu. Understandable. After Format Data, I simply installed the current zip. Now everything is fine. Thanks for your help

Thank you for the Answer. Do I have to install the current zip again afterwards?

But the buyer really wanted the Xiaomi.eu. Understandable. After Format Data, I simply installed the current zip. Now everything is fine. Thanks for your help
As I wrote, Format Data does not format/wipe System, hence you didn't need to reinstall the same ROM. But you did and it didn't hurt

Reactions: Poney70
Status
Not open for further replies.