MIUI 12.6 21.6.2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi 9 / Cepheus
Is a big jump from MIUI 12.1 - 20.8.27 weekly to this version possible or do I have to completely reinstall (format data)?
With the current version, switching from WiFi to mobile data no longer works, I have to reboot every time.
Going from Weekly to Weekly you should not need to format data, or anything else.
The important consideration is your data. How you do this would really depend upon how important it is to keep your data.
1 - Data is irrelevant. No format data should be necessary. Install the new ROM (over the top) and then do a Factory reset.
2 - Data is important. Back up what apps and data you want with something like Titanium backup, and back that up to your PC. The safest way is probably at each version change in the ROM, ie. Miui or Android, install the new ROM. Before each ROM installation, however, also tidy up the memory; clear Recents, etc.
If you use Magisk, or anything similar, avoid installing that until the end, and not until you are happy that everything is funcitoning correctly.
If you definitely want to keep your data, then you could do a full nandroid (eg. TWRP) backup before installing the ROM, each time. It is time consuming, but more secure.

These are the two ways that I would approach it, but, of course, it is completely down to you. :)

[Edit: You can choose your recovery app from here (Cepheus).]

Last edited:
Reactions: Bud Cord
All the backups with Titanium and TWRP I use, because the data (blood glucose measurement and analysis) are very important to me.
Thanks anyway for the tip!

My uncertainty relates only to the major version change 12.1 - 20.8.27 to 12.6 - 21.6.2!

All the backups with Titanium and TWRP I use, because the data (blood glucose measurement and analysis) are very important to me.
Thanks anyway for the tip!

My uncertainty relates only to the major version change 12.1 - 20.8.27 to 12.6 - 21.6.2!
... and also going from Android 10 to Android 11 - another critical version change.

Reactions: Bud Cord
How can I set system apps permissions?
I have many problem from long time ago(and Miui versions)
I can't set Miui browser permissions (to storage, access camera, microphone, etc) I can't set permission on email app...

Also another VERY SERIOUS AND BIG problem.
I can't use good during a call.
GPS signal drop down instantly!

GPS... Not a-gps or volte related problem.
When I start a call, I lost ALL GPS FIXED SATELLITES.
I tried all, no solutions. It's rom related

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

is there a way to fix this, got some problems running game's on background/recent, it will automatically close/refresh?
using Poco F3

Hi everybody! I just got a new k40 pro + and I am waiting for unlock the bootloader (just 3 days left), and I am thinking about what Rom I will install... Stable or weekly.
I used to use weekly on my old MI 8, but I moved to stable because of Google pay.
weekly is still incompatible with Google Pay?

Hi everybody! I just got a new k40 pro + and I am waiting for unlock the bootloader (just 3 days left), and I am thinking about what Rom I will install... Stable or weekly.
Hello,

All recent Weekly ROMs have no issue with Google Pay. :)

if it didn't worked on your Mi 8 that's because it was a very old version and it didn't pass all SafetyNet tests anymore because of recent changes by Google.

;)

Hi there, I have a problem trying to install Xiaomi.eu onto my new Poco F3. I have managed to install TWRP but when I tried to install the rom it failed and I got the "no operating system" warning.so I have tried to install via USB OTG but got the attached message. I am not very experienced with this so any help will be gratefully received! Many thanks.
IMG_20210610_084319_copy_1186x777.jpg

Hi there, I have a problem trying to install Xiaomi.eu onto my new Poco F3. I have managed to install TWRP but when I tried to install the rom it failed and I got the "no operating system" warning.so I have tried to install via USB OTG but got the attached message. I am not very experienced with this so any help will be gratefully received! Many thanks.
1) Did you delete the system partition before that? (If yes, you shouldn't.)
2)Did you factory reset + format data before flashing it? (If no, you should.)
3)Did you try to boot normally after the formats? (If no, try it.)
4)If 2-3 failed, reflash the twrp and try again.

Reactions: biscoot and Poney70
A bit unrelated, but does the sourceforge.net site appear like this on your devices as well? It's showing up to me like this since a few weeks ago. Desktop mode fixes it. Can it be solved with a chrome flag or something or is it a rom bug?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-10-11-25-12-427_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-10-11-25-12-427_com.android.chrome.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 236
Good night, I have a question, which I have been informed and I would like to know if it is true, They tell me that in the Mi 11 or Mi 11 Ultra, the last Weeks, the Play Store is not certified. What's true about that? or it's not yes, as I think. Congratulations on your work, it's magnificent.

my mi 11 ultra is certified

1) Did you delete the system partition before that? (If yes, you shouldn't.)
2)Did you factory reset + format data before flashing it? (If no, you should.)
3)Did you try to boot normally after the formats? (If no, try it.)
4)If 2-3 failed, reflash the twrp and try again.
I factory reset but didn't format data. I've just done it with formatting data and although I received the same error message the installation via OTG was successful anyway. Up and running now. Thanks for your advice.

just wondering, is it normal for the phone to not have a /system folder? i see a lot of people talking about it but don't seem to find it in my phone lol.

just wondering, is it normal for the phone to not have a /system folder? i see a lot of people talking about it but don't seem to find it in my phone lol.
you mean this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-10-20-12-11-109_com.estrongs.android.pop.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-10-20-12-11-109_com.estrongs.android.pop.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 236
Reactions: osnix
hmm not too sure about this, but even when doing backup, TWRP can't find it haha

Same for me since months, but i don't have problems with that. Everything works great and updating is no problem.

Just not able to make a backup of /system.

Same for me since months, but i don't have problems with that. Everything works great and updating is no problem.

Just not able to make a backup of /system.
you've backed up over TWRP? I've been trying to do that but it always seems to fail! lol... but i'm on the mi 10 ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.