MIUI 12.6 21.7.7/8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
can you explain step by step how to do this what do you say? is it from computer or from twrp itself?
Google is your friend

ADB (Android debugger) are commands to be executed from PC.
If you are on Xoaomi.eu, you must have been using Fastboot, hence it's likely that you have also ADB installed to your PC (they usually install together).
Anyway, google about enabling ADB also on the phone side

Last edited:
Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Additionally I delete (from TWRP, Advanced, File Manager) /data/system/package_cache

And once installed, I run:
adb shell cmd package bg-dexopt-job

Then I don't have lags and so
delete the package folder, do you do it before or after installing the update? the adb command I see that it is after.
Can I delete the folder today, days after updating?

Hi, Anyone having issues using the built in VPN app with this weekly?

Specifically L2TP with key. Used to work, still works on Windows, iPhone and some Samsung I have. Doesn't even attempt to connect according to my router logs.

Model is Raphael.
My cmi Mi 10 Pro have problem with Adguard sometimes ( quite often ) on previous build ( 21.6.9 ) and this weekly build. I have to do something to make it work normally

Yes - conflicting answers. I understand that it is not absolutely necessary, but I always do it as part of my ROM update process. It has never failed me, and I have never had any of the lagging problems, or similar that some people suffer from.
This is my update process.
Nothing wrong with that, first boot will be slightly longer, but safe either way. Letting the system decide which apps need to be re-optimized is just faster when it comes to first boot time after the update.

Additionally I delete (from TWRP, Advanced, File Manager) /data/system/package_cache
Normally done automatically by the system on first boot after an update, but could get interrupted in very rare cases.

And once installed, I run:
adb shell cmd package bg-dexopt-job
Absolutely pointless, the system does that automatically.

delete the package folder, do you do it before or after installing the update? the adb command I see that it is after.
Normally, either before flashing or after flashing the ROM, as long as it's before you reboot from TWRP to system (for immediate results), but unless you have some very specific issues (apps having abnormal names, or text being abnormal in certain places) it's not even needed.

Sure, it will be regenerated.

Hey guys, I have the following issues on my RN8/ginkgo and I will be grateful for any tip on how to solve them:

1. Cannot change layout for a physical keyboard - when I connect a keyboard to my phone I can only type with a QWERTY keyboard, I could use the change language shortcut and you can see the language changing on the Google keyboard on screen but the physical keyboard keeps writing in English.
  2. The Accessibility 2 finger swipe up shortcut doesn't work. Using gesture all accessibility functions like text to speech and magnifier should work with a double finger swipe from the bottom of the screen, but alas it doesn't work.
  3. The auto rotate in Gallery app doesn't work when a photo is opened - it works when viewing the thumbnails and if you rotate to landscape the photo will open in landscape, but if you open a photo and then try to switch to landscape it doesn't do it
  4. This is a minor one, but still if anyone has any information - there was a call recording option in Google Phone for a while but it disappeared a few days ago - any suggestions as to why?

I will be grateful if anyone can check to see if they have those issues and/or if they have any tips on resolving them, or if confirmed if the dev team can do anything to fix them.

Last edited:
Yes, you can but I would then run adb command once again (if not needed, it will take only few minutes instead of 20-30)

When you are in TWRP it doesn't matter in which order you do Wipe Dalwik/Cache, installing ROM, deleting /data/system/package,_cache since they operate on different partitions and folders

However, do not Format Data (needed when switching to new ROM like Xiaomi.eu) before you flash the ROM (unless you have your ROM zip file on the OTG USB stick) because the Internal memory will be wiped, together with your ROM zip file you wanted to install

Nothing wrong with that, first boot will be slightly longer, but safe either way. Letting the system decide which apps need to be re-optimized is just faster when it comes to first boot time after the update.

Normally done automatically by the system on first boot after an update, but could get interrupted in very rare cases.

Absolutely pointless, the system does that automatically.

Normally, either before flashing or after flashing the ROM, as long as it's before you reboot from TWRP to system (for immediate results), but unless you have some very specific issues (apps having abnormal names, or text being abnormal in certain places) it's not even needed.

Sure, it will be regenerated.
Running adb command manually is not pointless. Android will do odex for all apps and services but only on their first run and for the rest of them only when charging (not sure exactly which conditions must be met) and idle

Until the apps are not odexed, there are lags (when starting apps not odexed yet), hence this is a good step to get rid of lags (first thing new users complain when they switch to Xiaomi.eu - go e.g. to the Telegram channel for all Mi 9T ROMs and ask about Xiaomi eu, you will immediately get ten responses that ROM is worthless because of lags - I was several times surprised about the negative feedback, almost the hate against and once I took time and convinced two users to try again with odexing and they confirmed it was ok then).
Also, once all are odexed, further odexing (in background) will no more drain the battery

Last edited:
Upto 3.1 GB Ram Free / 6GB.. Well that is a first for me. Usually I get only 1.6 GB or 2.1 GB Max
I would hope, from your phone's point of view, that it will revert to the smaller figure. You really want the memory to be utilised (more efficient), rather than being empty and doing nothing.

Reactions: Captain_Shap0o
Running adb command manually is not pointless. Android will do odex for all apps and services but only on their first run and for the rest of them only when charging (not sure exactly which conditions must be met) and idle

Until the apps are not odexed, there are lags (when starting apps not odexed yet), hence this is a good step to get rid of lags (first thing new users complain when they switch to Xiaomi.eu - go e.g. to the Telegram channel for all Mi 9T ROMs and ask about Xiaomi eu, you will immediately get ten responses that ROM is worthless because of lags - I was several times surprised about the negative feedback, almost the hate against and once I took time and convinced two users to try again with odexing and they confirmed it was ok then).
Also, once all are odexed, further odexing (in background) will no more drain the battery
Is there any way to run the adb command after updating without a computer, that is, from the phone itself? for example from twrp itself? not always when updating I have a computer at hand.

Is there any way to run the adb command after updating without a computer, that is, from the phone itself? for example from twrp itself? not always when updating I have a computer at hand.
If no computer?
You have a charger?
Let the phone at sleep on charger. Optimization,if needed, will start at 100% battery state.
It takes longer but result is the same!

Last edited:
Reactions: biscoot and Poney70

All apps are already being odexed during first boot after the update, or whenever an app is added, changed, or removed.
You and your Telegram channel buddies know zero about Android, but because you know a command you think you're smart. Better take a look at dalvik-cache dir before and after, bet you won't find a difference. I've been using 4 Xiaomi devices so far and never had your issue. I wonder how this is possible.

All apps are already being odexed during first boot after the update, or whenever an app is added, changed, or removed.
You and your Telegram channel buddies know zero about Android, but because you know a command you think you're smart. Better take a look at dalvik-cache dir before and after, bet you won't find a difference. I've been using 4 Xiaomi devices so far and never had your issue. I wonder how this is possible.
then summarizing. From your experience as a developer: Don't you have to do the adb command? But should we do the deletion of the package folder? or it is not necessary.
Reading the link they have left on how to execute the command while being root, they say that it takes from half an hour to three hours ... And others say that it is enough to
leave the charger connected for hours
I'm in a mess, so what should be done and what not after finishing the update or before updating?

then summarizing. From your experience as a developer: Don't you have to do the adb command? But should we do the deletion of the package folder? or it is not necessary.
Reading the link they have left on how to execute the command while being root, they say that it takes from half an hour to three hours ... And others say that it is enough to
leave the charger connected for hours
I'm in a mess, so what should be done and what not after finishing the update or before updating?
package_cache folder should only be manually removed if you have obvious specific issues, as I detailed above: apps having abnormal names, or text/labels being abnormal in certain places. This is a rare issue where the normal update process was somehow interrupted and the package_cache wasn't cleared by the system. During normal update, you don't need to remove/wipe anything. Just flash the ROM and enjoy.

Correctly, i found ROM update deletes the package_cache and dalvik cache so there really is no need for manual process as after you update rom you will not find package_cache as it is deleted by rom update as is dalvik cache.

When you update rom and problems arise, then you delete package_cache, wipe dalvik and cache and maybe do a deodex command.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Poney70 and biscoot
package_cache folder should only be manually removed if you have obvious specific issues, as I detailed above: apps having abnormal names, or text/labels being abnormal in certain places. This is a rare issue where the normal update process was somehow interrupted and the package_cache wasn't cleared by the system. During normal update, you don't need to remove/wipe anything. Just flash the ROM and enjoy.
I'm looking at the methods that I use for my weekly ROM installation.
I always do a full TWRP (nandroid) backup before installation. Deleting the Dalvik and cache reduces the size of the backup - albeit minimally - by about 4Mb. I also still have to delete the /data/extm folder to avoid the createTarFork() error. Deleting the package_cache folder has just become a (small) part of the process.

Another part of my process is the tidying and clearing up of memory, and removing all Recents. Logic tells me that it cannot be a good thing to install a new ROM onto a system that has apps in memory, eg. Recents, and maybe even running. I believe that this could be the cause of some of the obscure, and sometimes unique, problems that some people suffer. (This of course excludes those who mess about with the system). I currently also only have 9 apps on Autostart.

Excuse me for my silly question: what is the code name of "Mi 10 Lite 5G"?
I haven't saw this exact name. There is MI10T lite, but it is not the exact same name.
Thank you in advance.

Excuse me for my silly question: what is the code name of "Mi 10 Lite 5G"?
I haven't saw this exact name. There is MI10T lite, but it is not the exact same name.
Thank you in advance.
Mi 10 Lite 5G is monet. You won't find a Weekly ROM for it, because all Weekly ROMs are based on China Developer/Beta ROMs, and Global-only devices don't have China ROMs at all...
Stable ROM is your only option: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-12-0-12-1-12-2-12-5-stable-release.56191/

Attachments

• IMG_20210714_201937.jpg
    IMG_20210714_201937.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 295
Reactions: Poney70
Another part of my process is the tidying and clearing up of memory, and removing all Recents. Logic tells me that it cannot be a good thing to install a new ROM onto a system that has apps in memory, ....
I seriously doubt that this makes sense.

Reactions: LOLO9393
Status
Not open for further replies.