MIUI 12.6 21.8.11

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are camera issues with this release. At least on Apollo Pro (Mi 10T Pro -> 108MP HMX sensor) you can't use main sensor. MIUI stock camera opens front / selfie sensor. In *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* you have ultrawide and macro, but no main and selfie.

PS: You should first search forum and ask questions if you don't find answers. Thread is filled with comments from other Mi 10T Pro users regarding camera.

I did, and I knew there was problems. I just didn't find anywhere that they had removed the rom because of that.

There is some problem with recents. I can't switch to certain recents (i.e. Settings app) if I switch out of them.

Apps are still being held in the state I left them - if I launch them via launcher.

Mi 9 Lite

Update: I tried to revert to older version but always got booted to twrp with all data lost.

I used fastboot to boot to newer TWRP and now by data is back. I will backup everything safely to PC and then try to get the rom running on my phone again.

So if anyone has data loss because of reverting to older version, try to use a newer TWRP first. But use it safely via fastboot boot, because it could also destroy your old data if you put it on your phones memory.
Last week or so I reported about successfully downgrading to 21.5.27

I did not wipe (or format) Data - however I wiped Dalwik and Cache and /data/system/package_cache
Since it downgraded Gallery to the older version, I had to delete its folder from /data/data (it does not delete real photos, etc - but only the DB file that Gallery will recreate)

On Mi 9T i can't find the new memory extension in the settings. Also the android security update is still of May 1st.
In the OP posts it was specified for which processors that memory extension feature applies - not for Mi 9T

And yes, it's a shame that Security patch for Mi 9T was never updated from May 1. But be aware that Mi 9T is close to EOL.
And by updating Xiaomi.eu for Mi 9T you just get troubles (I've reverted to 21.5.27 and use it happily)

Last edited:
In the OP posts it was specified for which processors memory extension feature applies - not for Mi 9T

And yes, it's a shame that Security patch for Mi 9T was never updated from May 1. But be aware that Mi 9T is close to EOL.
And by updating Xiaomi.eu for Mi 9T you just get troubles (I've reverted to 21.5.27 and use it happily)
what do you mean by EOL?

Sent from my Redmi K20 using Tapatalk

duckduck browser instead of chrome seems to work fine without freezes. Which is strange since its based on chromium

For me on mi 11 ultra sound is broken ?!? I tried and rebooted 3 times... still no sound. (spotify, youtube music,...), also no sound with bluetooth headset.

Rolled back to last weeks weekly -> sound is back.

2nd. test... flashed again 21.8.11 -> no sound... -> means also no ring tone, now I know why I missed calls...

So I will stay at 21.8.4

Mike

Last edited:
For me on mi 11 ultra sound is broken ?!? I tried and rebooted 3 times... still no sound. (spotify, youtube music,...)

Rolled back to last weeks weekly -> sound is back.

2nd. test... flashed again 21.8.11 -> no sound... -> means also no ring tone, now I know why I missed calls...

So I will stay at 21.8.4

Mike
Did you wipe the data when reverting previous version??

Big camera app prob on 10t pro. Crash on several scenary (selfie, 108mp, night). Tried to clean cache and data. No results.
Anyway thanks dev for this wonderful rom
Can confirm this in my Mi10T pro.
THANK god iam not using camera often.
Normal video and photo seem to work.

Gesendet von meinem M2007J3SG mit Tapatalk

I did it too, all data gone.

Oh my god, i can't believe it.

This is the end of the world serioulsy for me
Using beta releases might not be the best thing if your data is so important (frequent backups are adviced).

Also, don't install updates as soon as they are released. Wait at least one day for user reports to know if it's safe or not. By this logic I'm still on 21.7.28 and it's running very well without issues.

Skickat från min Mi Note 10 via Tapatalk

So this realease is a little better than the previous one, but much worse than the realeases in July and before. sobakd that device goes into standby Chrome freezes which is really annoying so that downloading files becomes too painful. I think I go to Stabel or to the last build in July. not much has changed, has it?

It's safe to install on UMI device? (Mi 10) I already asked but with no response

I have installed on my Mi 10 (umi) via the Updater.

Only issue I can see is the Chrome freeze. Other than that, everything seems to be working fine (from what I can tell!).

If you use third party launchers and gesture navigation. Do NOT apply this update. It fully disables gesture navigation with third party launchers even with third party gesture navigation! This should be in update notes!
IMG_20210813_155322.jpg
Mi 11 ultra

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.