MIUI 12.6 21.8.11

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrome issues are still present, sadly. This is a no go for me personally and i would recomend the Dev team to address this ASAP.

Using Chrome is not an ideology, its android in its basics. Chrome is still the #1 browser today, in sheer user count worldwide. Having Chrome crashing and recommending to "uninstall because its the source of our problems" is not the right way to approach this.

An official Xiaomi release has zero Chrome issues...

For the rest, good job.

RN8 here and i can't find the "memory extension" feature in the "additional settings"
For phones that have the Memory extension available, it will be found under Settings / Additional settings / Memory extension.

For phones that have the Memory extension available, it will be found under Settings / Additional settings / Memory extension.
You can see changelog. RN8 supported

System
New - "Memory extension" feature (Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 9 4G/Redmi 9T)

i can understand you all ...

please don't forget that this rom is not from xiaomi but from people who improve it for us.

support them by rewarding their work. this are beta versions and sometimes there are bugs

if there are issues please send the logfiles…

# connect phone with PC and USB
# create a textfile -> eg logfile.txt in adb folder on PC
# adb logcat > logfile.txt
# make actions on phone and wait for freeze
# ctrl+c (to stop logfile recording)
# send the last eg 5 seconds to igor or forum

They use this Xiaomi.eu ROM in some EU stores. They have definitely customers. When something is free does not mean they do not have customers.

So don't come with bullshit.

I just say you cannot send out this ROM because more are using it.
yes they use xiaomi eu rom in some shop but then ur warrenty is broke because the bootloader are unlocked and assinged wiht a xiaomi account for bootloader unlocked an then u have a problem if u need to locked it again because u dont have acces to that account from were its unlocked

yes they use xiaomi eu rom in some shop but then ur warrenty is broke because the bootloader are unlocked and assinged wiht a xiaomi account for bootloader unlocked an then u have a problem if u need to locked it again because u dont have acces to that account from were its unlocked
Xiaomi ~doesn't void your warranty for unlocked bootloader btw.

You can see changelog. RN8 supported

System
New - "Memory extension" feature (Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 9 4G/Redmi 9T)
It's there I have it on minr, are you on this weekly - 21.8.11? And secondly have you messed with the ROM - custom kernel, disabling some stuff, any special Magisk modules...

K20 pro here, I came back to this week .eu ROM after 1 month with AOSP, just to experience the new Chrome bug. But I don't have any issues, sadly. I think its because my K20p is old and xiaomi have to cut out some new features. By the way, there is .eu stable ROMs for inexperienced users. Why using beta ROM if you don't know how?

Reactions: LOLO9393
Chrome issues are still present, sadly. This is a no go for me personally and i would recomend the Dev team to address this ASAP.

Using Chrome is not an ideology, its android in its basics. Chrome is still the #1 browser today, in sheer user count worldwide. Having Chrome crashing and recommending to "uninstall because its the source of our problems" is not the right way to approach this.

An official Xiaomi release has zero Chrome issues...

For the rest, good job.
So you actually installed the pure China Beta 21.8.11 and there are no issues with Chrome there? Is that so or you are mentioning stable releases which have nothing to do with weeklies? If the latter then go to stable stock or eu, weeklies are experimental and workarounds for bugs while waiting for fixes in the next release do happen...

Once again, I do not have any of the new features that are mentioned in the change log in MI9. There is no new boot Logo, no new system witchets and no new security patch. Is this normal for MI9?

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

This hint fixed my issue whith permanently chrome freezes after phone lock/unlock!

Thanks allot!

K40/PocoF3
I can confirm this works on UMI. Skipped previous update because of comment stating troubles. Updated from 21.07.27 to this version. Everything works fine, just chrome was freezing, but it's fixed now. Thanks Devs! Can't wait for the widget store update.

Once again, I do not have any of the new features that are mentioned in the change log in MI9. There is no new boot Logo, no new system witchets and no new security patch. Is this normal for MI9?

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk
Who mentioned there's a new boot logo ??

Sent from my Mi9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: biscoot and geoorg
that's because Chrome doesn't run in 120Hz at default.. you have to enable it in Chrome flags..

chrome://flags/
Android SurfaceControl - Disabled
But what exactly do that option?
Must to enable again in a feature update?
Thanks a lot for that solution!

From poco f3 via Tapatalk

that's because Chrome doesn't run in 120Hz at default.. you have to enable it in Chrome flags..

chrome://flags/
Android SurfaceControl - Disabled
That works. Thank you very much! I didn't thought the solution would come so soon.
From Mi9 lite

Status
Not open for further replies.