MIUI 12.6 21.8.11

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the amazing work!
I've Mi 9 and the option to hide or allow notch in individual apps has disappeared, Please add it so games can be played in full screen

Just a small tips : if u root, u can use the excellent "swift backup," i really feel its the best backup app, with data of course ;)
The free version is really good.
=> copy your files on sdcard, or sync to your cloud
And after that u can change your rom as you want :) upgrade or downgrade :)
[Edit2: Turns out there's an open source app, OandbackupX, which seems to work ~judt as well as swiftbackup for app related backups.]

Yo, just wanna say, even though I ~left Titanium backup and use ~only swift backup, they've enforced encryption in backups and the key is tied to your google account... You ~can't see the key by yourself and that can be a big issue... I might downgrade...

Edit: I reverted to 3.5.3 version, ~the last before enforcing this. Seems like @Iain_B had a good reason to be suspicious of them. I ~dunno what's gonna happen though if they flip any "switch" preventing users from using older versions... Where's titanium backup...

Last edited:
Reactions: Iain_B and LOLO9393
I used the phone more than half a day , before I recognized that sound was gone.... so yes... enough waiting time :)
The recommendation was to do not use immediately the phone after the first boot, to wait some time before to use it so that it finish to settle down. Anyway I don't say that it's the cause, I am just wondering what could happened... Why a clean install in same model of phone brings to different results?

Just for the record, yesterday I flashed the (Magisk) patched boot img by Franco Kernel Manager.
More precisely, it was already rooted but I was updating Magisk (from Alpha 23001 30 to Alpha 23001 31)

Did not try to flash the weekly zip by FK, but it must work, too (ofc, also upon the phone is already rooted).
Mi 9T

Last edited:
Battery drain on redmi note 8!!

It's not stopping.
Any fix??
You should be able to get good battery drain settings with the current ROM. With care, you should be able to do this. I have managed to get this down to less than 1% (<1%) drain per hour overnight.

Same thing..
Same Android core apps @geoorg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-17-18-00-22-084_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-17-18-00-22-084_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 319
  • Screenshot_2021-08-17-18-00-28-222_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-17-18-00-28-222_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 313
I finally found the fix for YouTube and twitch stuttery video in my 3/32 variant ginkgo in MIUI Android 11 based rom,if you experiencing some choppy in youtube this might help you too and it works in EU rom in stable 12.5build and global rom
Just add this to your build.prop
debug.composition.type=dyn

You 3 options to use
dyn = cpu and gpu
gpu= gpu only
cpu= cpu only

If you don't have any stuttering/choppy video in your youtube playback don't use this line...for me it works like a charm

Same thing..
Same Android core apps @geoorg
This post might be of help

Especially the last 2 comments

Mi 9T - very often I can't load anything from internet, it seems like the Wi-Fi stops working or it gets very very slow. This is an old issue that I've noticed last year, I guess, it was ok in the lastest updates, but since last weekly this slow connection issue reappeared
BTW battery is not so good as before.

I finally found the fix for YouTube and twitch stuttery video in my 3/32 variant ginkgo in MIUI Android 11 based rom,if you experiencing some choppy in youtube this might help you too and it works in EU rom in stable 12.5build and global rom
Just add this to your build.prop
debug.composition.type=dyn

You 3 options to use
dyn = cpu and gpu
gpu= gpu only
cpu= cpu only

If you don't have any stuttering/choppy video in your youtube playback don't use this line...for me it works like a charm
@Poney70 is it too much trouble to ask to make a TWRP file?

Status
Not open for further replies.