MIUI 12.6 21.9.15/17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Works great except for Revolut apps. Does not pass security on business or personal app version. Works fine on my Mi 11 with stable xiaomi.eu rom. Any advice would be great!

Same issue for me on cas. Hadn't seen anyone else post about this so I thought it was just me. These issues also started for me a few months back. Have formatted data and still have these random screen freezes and unresponsive home/back/recent apps buttons. Hoping it will be fixed with each weekly but the issue has persisted.
That's strange... Hope it's not related to some internal component getting exhausted with time... Or could it be throttling?

Possible bugs report (K20 Pro):
1) Can't activate Loud Speaker during calls. It has no effect when I press the option.
2) Using a different SMS app is not working anymore (Pulse SMS), but was working until previous versions. Not a Pulse SMS issue, since going back to older Xiaomi.eu rom solves the issue.
3) Can't disable option 'Audio Hi-Fi' after having enabled it in Sound Settings

All bugs were noticed only with this latest version. Didn't notice them before (had 21.8.18 version). Formatting the phone and installing firmware from scratch didn't solve the issue.

I get it that almost every country tries to limit China's (probably) growing power, but wouldn't it be better if this rom doesn't have such? It already comes debloated from various staff (of which some may even be suspicious). So, now that this got into attention wouldn't it be preferrable if it was removed (if it isn't removed already)?

(I ~don't like Google's controlling tactics as well and I ~don't even use any FB service, it ~doesn't mean I try to defame the US.) Accepting censorship doesn't seem like a good idea.

Edit: Did the article's suggestion to throw away xiaomi phones trigger you? :emoji_sweat_smile: Yeah, overreaction, by that logic we should own ~no phones.
Go on and remove them. Good luck with that. Just so you know, the only way to do that is to remove every single Xiaomi app that connects to the internet for whatever purpose. Quickest way would be: not using an MIUI ROM. Your expectations are too high considering the amount of effort Xiaomi made to obfuscate their apps to unreadable state.

Ok Mi 11 lite 5g (Renoir) WiFi call function does not work. Its shown in menu but does not work
I don't have your device , nor the ROM version, but I got the issue on Mi 11 a while ago too.

I found two ways of solving that.

One was to install the latest Chinese,
fastboot weekly ROM, then install eu weekly. That fixed everything magically for some reason.

The second way was to check/re-enable VoLTE and VoWIFI.

Try this:

On your phone app type:

*#*#VOLTE#*#*

Go to sim settings and you should see
the VoLTE toggle. Disable VoLTE.

On your phone app type now:

*#*#VOWIFI#*#*

Go back to sim settings, you should
see a new menu now below the VoWIFI
one with preferred network to use.
Change that to mobile data, then back to
WIFI. Reboot you phone.

Now wait and see what happens. It may take a while for VoWIFI to show up.

Good luck.

I don't have your device , nor the ROM version, but I got the issue on Mi 11 a while ago too.

I found two ways of solving that.

One was to install the latest Chinese,
fastboot weekly ROM, then install eu weekly. That fixed everything magically for some reason.

The second way was to check/re-enable VoLTE and VoWIFI.

Try this:

On your phone app type:

*#*#VOLTE#*#*

Go to sim settings and you should see
the VoLTE toggle. Disable VoLTE.

On your phone app type now:

*#*#VOWIFI#*#*

Go back to sim settings, you should
see a new menu now below the VoWIFI
one with preferred network to use.
Change that to mobile data, then back to
WIFI. Reboot you phone.

Now wait and see what happens. It may take a while for VoWIFI to show up.

Good luck.
It's already enabled, but no WiFi call

In redmi note 8 the proximity sensor keeps failing. I have also noticed system freezes, buttons that do not work and home screen background that gets corrupted when closing applications. I hope at least in the next rom that the proximity sensor problem is solved because it is very annoying. How always thanks to the developers for their work.

Go on and remove them. Good luck with that. Just so you know, the only way to do that is to remove every single Xiaomi app that connects to the internet for whatever purpose. Quickest way would be: not using an MIUI ROM. Your expectations are too high considering the amount of effort Xiaomi made to obfuscate their apps to unreadable state.
Uhh, I see, thanks. :emoji_thumbsup: Do you happen to know if it's enabled though or not? Could I somehow check it myself? The articles don't seem to describe exactly what's happening. I can see those "censored" words on chrome, discord etc. How are they supposed to be censored?

[About sending signals to suspicious servers, I could probably just blacklist specific addresses or something. I also have removed my mi account months ago and use few xiaomi apps (cuz there are ~better alternatives out there for some). ~Dunno about the sensorship though.]

Edit: what if I use xprivacylua to send wrong info?

Edit 2: I installed and set up adaway to only block
globalapi.ad.xiaomi.com and
sa.api.intl.miui.com
as those addresses seem to be the "weird" ones, as described in the report (I found the official english pdf).
@Igor Eisberg, have you ever seen those addresses? I'm asking to know if I'll break anything (in case I do, I can just turn off adaway).
Uh, if I remember well, systemless hosts were draining my battery..

Anyways, I'm ~not trying to undermine anyone or make people abandon xiaomi/miui (it's kinda visible that the report was focusing on chinese manufacturers, they ~only checked 3 devices), I'm ~just trying to figure out if I can improve the situation. Since an issue came into attention, which may be easily solved with adaway, I wanted to gather some extra info to try and solve it.
[Btw Mi browser has been accused of doing suspicious stuff again (probably can be said for almost every browser though..).]
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Edit 3: I ~just found this xda article (https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-secret-blacklist-explained/). Kinda explains how and wrther this works on the xiaomi.eu rom.

Last edited:
It's already enabled, but no WiFi call
Update your MBN config to make VoWifi work. See here

Reactions: Putti
Update your MBN config to make VoWifi work. See here

Tried your guide, still not working ( but was already before). VoLTE is working, but no WiFi call

Edit 2: I installed and set up adaway to only block
globalapi.ad.xiaomi.com and
sa.api.intl.miui.com
as those addresses seem to be the "weird" ones, as described in the report (I found the official english pdf).
@Igor Eisberg, have you ever seen those addresses? I'm asking to know if I'll break anything (in case I do, I can just turn off adaway).
Nope, haven't seen them.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Hello there,
since I bought the xiaomi mi10 and put the ROM of Xiaomi EU the following happens to me:
I use the second space to separate my life from work and when it reaches 5% of battery remaining it changes space continuously. (Go from second space to first space)
more or less every 1% the space is changed (since there is 5% left) and it is very annoying. Is it a bug or is there a way to fix it? It's really annoying. It happens to me in all Xiaomi ROMs. EU
Thanks

I don't have your device , nor have any idea about this app, but do you have Smart scenes option enabled in your battery settings ? That option may cause some unexpected behaviour. It is the second thing I disable right after Autostart madness in the betas :)
Thank you for the answer. Finally, it was not a problem with the ROM but with the APK itself, it gave that problem with the last two versions. Everything works very well. Thanks

Hey !
Google messages RCS Doesn't work (it says device not compatible with chat features). I'm using 21.9.15 with Xiaomi Mix 4, it did work on official chinese rom.

Works great except for Revolut apps. Does not pass security on business or personal app version. Works fine on my Mi 11 with stable xiaomi.eu rom. Any advice would be great!
I use a poco f2 pro, and I don´t have that isue. I can use my revolut app without problems. What a strange situation.

I'm on a Mix 4 and it says "Device is not Authorized" so it may be the device itself rather than the Rom? Pic attached of business app and personal app has a similar issue. As I said, everything fine on Mi 11 (Miui 12.5)
Screenshot_2021-09-23-09-52-11-309_com.revolut.business.jpg

So I have a huge problem..

I got my Mi 11 ultra with china rom and wanted EU rom on it.
I folled the guide from TradingShenzhen (https://***************.com/de/content/twrp-update-for-mi-11-ultra-and-mi-11-pro)
I unlocked the bootloader, put the phone into fastboot, and installed this TWRP (as suggested from TradingShenzhen https://mega.nz/file/fxpSSIJA#vtebH-Ty5TD9_2ZF44ngH62tOXNIqhRX152o3doTeC8).
I installed TWRP, changed the language to english, activated Onkey inject TWRP. As suggested, I formated the data through TWRP.
Now the website says I have to put the rom file onto the device in the Download folder. But my MI 11 Ultra has no folder on it. only two internal storage ones.
So I thought I have to restart it maybe it works then... but now I am in a bootloop and if I press Volume Key down + Power button it restarts into Fastboot but no TWRP. I can flash TWRP again but then the device is in a bootloop again with Fastboot as only other option to boot into...

What should I do? :(

So I have a huge problem..

I got my Mi 11 ultra with china rom and wanted EU rom on it.
I folled the guide from *************** (https://***************.com/de/content/twrp-update-for-mi-11-ultra-and-mi-11-pro)
I unlocked the bootloader, put the phone into fastboot, and installed this TWRP (as suggested from *************** https://mega.nz/file/fxpSSIJA#vtebH-Ty5TD9_2ZF44ngH62tOXNIqhRX152o3doTeC8).
I installed TWRP, changed the language to english, activated Onkey inject TWRP. As suggested, I formated the data through TWRP.
Now the website says I have to put the rom file onto the device in the Download folder. But my MI 11 Ultra has no folder on it. only two internal storage ones.
So I thought I have to restart it maybe it works then... but now I am in a bootloop and if I press Volume Key down + Power button it restarts into Fastboot but no TWRP. I can flash TWRP again but then the device is in a bootloop again with Fastboot as only other option to boot into...

put it on the internal storage, twrp, install and choose the rom file

To boot in Recovery mode (so boot to TWRP), you have to press & hold Volume Key up + Power button simultaneously. ;)

On your device you can't flash TWRP via fastboot, only boot it. :)

You can copy the ROM anywhere in your phone's storage, it's really not important. ^^

If you can't copy the ROM, you can try to use "adb push" method instead: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...l-storage-is-not-accessible.61941/post-616126

put it on the internal storage, twrp, install and choose the rom file
Okay I flashed global rom quick via MIui Flashing tool. I installed TWRP again, now I have in the internal storage 2 folders. "0" and "TWRP".
I put the ZIP rom in the 0, Twrp and the internal Storage folder but every time I want to install it I cant acces these folder via TWRP..

Okay I flashed global rom quick via MIui Flashing tool. I installed TWRP again, now I have in the internal storage 2 folders. "0" and "TWRP".
I put the ZIP rom in the 0, Twrp and the internal Storage folder but every time I want to install it I cant acces these folder via TWRP..
How did you put the ZIP rom "in the 0"?

In TWRP, the internal Storage of your device is also located in "/data/media/0" (instead of "/sdcard"). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.