MIUI 12.6 21.9.28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi 10 Pro 5G, has some horrible battery drain.
It won't last half day (same usage I used to get full day and still have 30%).
Sometimes phone feels warm without using it. A reboot makes it cool down for couple hours.
The majority of battery is consumed by "Others", in the battery section. Which apps go to this category? Any app to get more useful info on this?.
Phone is not rooted.
Tried cleaning dalvik and cache couple time's.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks for spending your time making this ROM, appreciate it

Try to factory reset and reinstall apps. My mi 10 pro works fine here.

Sometimes phone feels warm without using it. A reboot makes it cool down for couple hours.
The majority of battery is consumed by "Others", in the battery section. Which apps go to this category? Any app to get more useful info on this?.
Phone is not rooted.

Anything else I can try?

Both my wife who has Mi 10 Pro 5G and I are having exactly the same issue. Terrible battery life (less than one full day, when it used to be about two days with the same usage), most energy consumed by ''others'', and the phone is warming up much more than it used to.
This issue actually started in the previous version, 21.9.22.
And I did install it after a full wipe and re-installing everything form scratch. Both our phones are rooted.
I do hope it can be fixed, as this is otherwise an awesome ROM.

Both my wife who has Mi 10 Pro 5G and I are having exactly the same issue. Terrible battery life (less than one full day, when it used to be about two days with the same usage), most energy consumed by ''others'', and the phone is warming up much more than it used to.
And I did install it after a full wipe and re-installing everything form scratch. Both our phones are rooted.
As I am always saying:
1. You are dealing with beta ROMs and so there are always unknowns;
2. You will have to analyse your own consumptions and review the graph and breakdowns and review your settings accordingly.

Reactions: katerpanne
As I am always saying:
1. You are dealing with beta ROMs and so there are always unknowns;
2. You will have to analyse your own consumptions and review the graph and breakdowns and review your settings accordingly.
Thanks for the quick reply.
We have already tried analysing our usage patterns and all, tried lowering the refresh rate to 60, putting most apps to ''restrict background activity'' mode, but looks like it's not about any specific app. None of that helped. Most of the drain is by ''Others'', and on all the ROMS before 21.9.22 we used to get 2-3 full days of battery life with the same settings and usage patterns.
I do realise there are always unknowns in beta ROMs, just hope it can be fixed in future releases.

Thanks for the quick reply.
We have already tried analysing our usage patterns and all, tried lowering the refresh rate to 60, putting most apps to ''restrict background activity'' mode, but looks like it's not about any specific app. None of that helped. Most of the drain is by ''Others'', and on all the ROMS before 21.9.22 we used to get 2-3 full days of battery life with the same settings and usage patterns.
I do realise there are always unknowns in beta ROMs, just hope it can be fixed in future releases.
Hm, could you try this from that guide:
8)To monitor battery you may want to use gsam battery monitor (you can give it root access, if you go to apps usage app, select an app and wait a little).
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en)

It should probably help you find what exactly consumes battery.

Another thing to check is to turn off magisk modules. Any recently updated module may be causing it.

Reactions: Iain_B
MI10 here
I had battery drain too after (dirty) installing latest beta, standby drain was at 3-4% per hr coming from 0.5% per hr.

I'm back to normal drain after deleting google play services cache and data yesterday.
Could be a conicidence but its worth a try for those having battery problems.

Reactions: Poney70 and osnix
Can someone tell me why my phone now constantly reboots? after the update the hole morning it was working. And then just right now its just rebooting the hole time. I have updated it with the build-in TWRP now, seeing it for the first time it was now there.

Tried to go back in TWRP but not working, it just go to bootloop

Having an Xiaomi Mi 10 (umi) and sometime it boots finally but then it goes again in constant bootloop.

Can someone tell me why my phone now constantly reboots? after the update the hole morning it was working. And then just right now its just rebooting the hole time. I have updated it with the build-in TWRP now, seeing it for the first time it was now there.

Tried to go back in TWRP but not working, it just go to bootloop

Having an Xiaomi Mi 10 (umi) and sometime it boots finally but then it goes again in constant bootloop.
do you have magisk modules installed ? disable them and reboot .... try to find out which module cause the issue

Reactions: osnix
@jhon delgado Please write in english, it's the rule here. ;)

1) It's up to Xiaomi to include a more recent Android security patch level in their ROMs. Xiaomi.eu devs can't do that.

2) Weekly updates will end at the end of November, 2021 for your device. My advice is to switch to the latest Stable ROM by Xiaomi.eu (based on latest Chinese Stable version).

After having this problem for a week, I posted here and installed Battery HD to start monitoring so I can see where the problem is.
Well just after that I didn't have any drain... Like it magically fixed... Anyway before digging more, i'll wait for the new version that should come today or tomorrow..

Reactions: Iain_B
Phone is not rooted.

Anything else I can try?

I'm very happy with my Mi 10 Pro battery life running last weekly build 21.9.22. I will keep this build for a long time

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-14-15-57-24-646_com.android.settings.jpg.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-14-15-57-24-646_com.android.settings.jpg.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 304
  • Screenshot_2021-10-14-15-57-50-579_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-14-15-57-50-579_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 278
Hi, i have the mi10t, the device havn't a oled display, so is a good idea to active the dark theme or isn't ininfluent?

unfortunately not installed, issue is that i cannot get in the phone anymore, it is just rebooting.
Did you turn off Ram Extension ???
In my case with mi 10 when i turned off Ram Extension phone start random reboots and when i turned it on again everything works fine again..

In my case with mi 10 when i turned off Ram Extension phone start random reboots and when i turned it on again everything works fine again..
Very strange. I have had Memory extension turned off the whole time, and I do not have these problems.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Are you sure that's not opposite? Because it's really not logical at all... :)

Reactions: geoorg
Very strange. I have had Memory extension turned off the whole time, and I do not have these problems.
Of course i'm sure , i have it open all the time ( from the first rom with Ram Extension option ) but now if i turn it off then starts random reboots continuously .. and to go into twrp needs a lot of time to press the buttons..
Are you sure that's not opposite? Because it's really not logical at all... :)
100% sure even if it seems no logical to you it starts from a September version , i cannot remember exactly the version of the rom..

EDIT
I didn't try again with latest rom , i will try it again as soon as possible , I'm waiting to unlock my Mi 11i tomorrow and i will check it again ..

EDIT 2
And BTW , why don't you try to open it now to test it on your mi 10 ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.