MIUI 12.6 21.9.8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Safetly Net has been failing now for several months (I cannot remember how many). I am still installing Magisk after every update; I still have root functions and all of my security apps (eg. banks) work. However, every time I reboot, Magisk installs itself, and I just have to uninstall it.
That is my successful formula. :)
[Edit: I have got used to not using Google Pay contactless - although the app still works)
Safetynet can fail for various reasons. Eg (but there are many others):
- In Magisk v23, Magisk Hide is no more enabled by default. One must manually enable
- Since some months ago, EdXposed started to break SN. One had to uninstall (and move to LSposed instead)

Btw, new Magisk will come with MagiskHide fully removed

Reactions: St0RM53 and Poney70
There are no updates and MIUI blocks updates to system apps from external sources.
Not MIUI, it is the ROM, updating things will override their changes, obviously. You can still update sys apps using the android 11 packages installer, just install it from APK mirror. Anyway don't complain when/if stuff breaks or features magically disappears while overriding sys packages :)

Reactions: Poney70
JUST A MENTION!!!

When you swipe up a call (normal call), when you the go to yours calls this mentioned call it is NOT marked as RED color OR "missed call". Kinda annoying because I'm always swipe up my wife's calls when I'm writing at word or mails... Thanks anyone that paid attention here! Greetings to ya all!,:):):):):)

Safetynet can fail for various reasons. Eg (but there are many others):
- In Magisk v23, Magisk Hide is no more enabled by default. One must manually enable
- Since some months ago, EdXposed started to break SN. One had to uninstall (and move to LSposed instead)

Btw, new Magisk will come with MagiskHide fully removed
oh damn, i will forever stick with v23 then, since hide gets removed, defeats the purpose of having root with magisk lol

Dirty install on my MI 10 umi all is well for now haven't found any problems except Safetynet even with Magisk in hide mode., but my apps are still working.
No crashes or freezes with bluetooth AA haven't tried yet with the car.

Dirty install on my MI 10 umi all is well for now haven't found any problems except Safetynet even with Magisk in hide mode., but my apps are still working.
No crashes or freezes with bluetooth AA haven't tried yet with the car.
Bluetooth works for me. Just not AA which hangs then reboots the phone. Mine is mi 10 ultra

Mi 10 Ultra here. Cast (Settings > Connection & Sharing > Cast) doesn't work. Tapping it (sometimes) will show this crash screen (see attachment). It was working fine in previous build.

Can anyone confirm this too?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-12-10-05-17-514_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-12-10-05-17-514_com.android.settings.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: snock
Hi, some problems with POCO F3 here. My phone freeze twice and was forced to restart itself after this update. Both occured when i tried to open Facebook Messenger(latest version) chat bubble on other apps. Anyway to solve this? Is it software bug/crash due to messenger? It is strange because both happened because of Messenger (I assume)...let me know if I have to attach anything. Thanks devs for the hard work.
*it happened in 2 consecutive days

Hi, some problems with POCO F3 here. My phone freeze twice and was forced to restart itself after this update. Both occured when i tried to open Facebook Messenger(latest version) chat bubble on other apps. Anyway to solve this? Is it software bug/crash due to messenger? It is strange because both happened because of Messenger (I assume)...let me know if I have to attach anything. Thanks devs for the hard work.
*it happened in 2 consecutive days
How to create a logcat file

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/guide-logging-with-adb-logcat.18455/#post-625131

# connect phone with PC and USB
# set USB debug - on
# create a textfile -> eg logfile.txt in adb folder on PC
# adb logcat > logfile.txt
# make actions on phone and wait for issue
# ctrl+c (to stop logfile recording)
# analyze the logfile
# send the last eg 5 seconds, the relevant entries

Reactions: Dhala
This is kinda weird, I still pass safetynet. What modules do you have installed?
Magiskhide Props Config ; MIUI weekly 12.11.18 powermenu ; Systemless Hosts ; ViPER4Android FX.
I haven't done anything to Magisk for ages.

[Edit: After a bit more research, I added @Poney70's Fix_CTS_SafetyNet module, and it has passed passed the Safetynet test :). I also just went through the 'hide' process again and my main banking app still detected the hidden app, so am having to continue to delete the app at each reboot.]

Last edited:
Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Magiskhide Props Config ; MIUI weekly 12.11.18 powermenu ; Systemless Hosts ; ViPER4Android FX.
I haven't done anything to Magisk for ages.
Perhaps you need to update MagiskHide Props Config. And then
1. Open Terminal, type su (for root grant)
2. Type props
3. Force Basic key attestation (to your own device, or closest resemblance)
4. Reboot

And your cts profile should Pass again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-12-13-12-23-562_com.termux.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-12-13-12-23-562_com.termux.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 157
Perhaps you need to update MagiskHide Props Config. And then
1. Open Terminal, type su (for root grant)
2. Type props
3. Force Basic key attestation (to your own device, or closest resemblance)
4. Reboot

And your cts profile should Pass again.
Just seen you response - thanks.
I had also just edited my above post, and commented that @Poney70's module allowed the Safetynet test to pass. So I should be able to use Google Pay fully now. :)
... Just checked Google pay, and it has now accepted my contactless debit card, and just been confirmed by my bank. :D

Xiaomi Mi 10s video not working , please fix .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-12-13-12-54-128_com.android.camera.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-12-13-12-54-128_com.android.camera.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 144
I have a question that my recent versions of mi10 ultra have slower charging times. Is it possible that xiaomi has reduced the current when charging? I have battery optimization turned off when charging.

oh damn, i will forever stick with v23 then, since hide gets removed, defeats the purpose of having root with magisk lol
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Btw, @Iain_B did you eventually manage to use your bank app with magisk?

Reactions: zgfg12
Is anyone use Mi10T on 21.9.8 Rom and can install Magisk? I install it but stuck at boot logo, I already check module folder, uninstall and install again but nothing work.

Did someone got this problem ? I've Installed ROM as describe, but I stuck on boot logo then restart and go back to TWRP.... POCO F3

Hi guys! So today my Redmi K30 Pro Zoom is experiencing a CTS Profile Match fail during safety net tests. I'm pretty sure this is because I updated the Widevine (L1) certificate under the fingerprint payment settings. I updated it to get HDR on Netflix but now I can't download Netflix because Netflix doesn't show up to devices that fail safety net.

Is there a fix around this that doesn't require me to install magisk or something? I want a clean phone as much as possible. I don't have a rooted phone just an unlocked bootloader (I think).

I'm running Xiaomi EU MIUI 12 12.2.3.0.RJKCNXM (stable)

Hi guys! So today my Redmi K30 Pro Zoom is experiencing a CTS Profile Match fail during safety net tests. I'm pretty sure this is because I updated the Widevine (L1) certificate under the fingerprint payment settings. I updated it to get HDR on Netflix but now I can't download Netflix because Netflix doesn't show up to devices that fail safety net.

Is there a fix around this that doesn't require me to install magisk or something? I want a clean phone as much as possible. I don't have a rooted phone just an unlocked bootloader (I think).

I'm running Xiaomi EU MIUI 12 12.2.3.0.RJKCNXM (stable)
You said you are new here but you are posting like .....2

Hi! I have a Poco F2 pro. Previously i had the latest Los 18.1 on it. I changed to recovery to the latest 3.5.2_10-MB -v1.2 (MBTWRP_21-05-2021_LMI.img) and made a whole backup. After that i followed the instructions, format data, reboot, copy the zip and start the install. I always got the following error:

assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list"))
Updater process ended with ERROR 7
Error installing zip file...

Tried to install the zip with signature verification, same error. What's the problem? Atm I'm downloading the last EEA fastboot rom for the phone, maybe the problem is that the los rom changed something with the partitions?
So, i wasn't able to install the original eea fastboot rom. My solution was, that first i changed the twrp to an older one: recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-REDMI_K30PRO-CN-wzsx150.img Formatted with this. EEA rom installed without any problems. Back to fastboot, changed to MBTWRP_21-05-2021_LMI.img, format, xiaomi.eu rom. Not sure that the installation of the EEA was necessary, maybe the formatting with the old one would be enough. Anyway, it's working now.

CHANGELOG

System

New - Memory extension feature (Redmi K30 5G/Redmi K30i 5G/Redmi K30 5G Speed)
Optimization - Unlocked Xiaomi's refresh rate limits for international apps like YouTube

Security
New - Unlocked "Performance mode" in Battery settings for supported devices
New - Unlocked "Optimized charging" for supported devices
Fix - Couldn't update virus definitions if Avast definitions are set

Cleaner
Fix - App was crashing while updating Tencent definitions or trying to start a scan if Tencent definitions are set

MI11, MI11Pro, MI11Ultra, HMK40Pro stopped A11 updates, preparing for A12 release
MI10TPro Camera doesn't work
Good afternoon! If you press the power button for a long time, the mute / mute button does not work. Please fix it.
Mi 10

Btw, 25 days old commits in Github are lurking.
It's just a matter of time when the new Magisk (with MagiskHide extincted) will be released:

Hopefully, no earlier than somebody else provides the old MagiskHide functionality in the new module (being that really 'trivial' or not)

Hence, be aware and don't update the Magisk without first reading and understanding the upcoming changes (MagiskHide and Modules repo removed) and knowing the new workarounds that will be needed

Btw, 25 days old commits in Github are lurking.
It's just a matter of time when the new Magisk (with MagiskHide extincted) will be released:

Hopefully, no earlier than somebody else provides the old MagiskHide functionality in the new module (being that really 'trivial' or not)

Hence, be aware and don't update the Magisk without first reading and understanding the upcoming changes (MagiskHide and Modules repo removed) and knowing the new workarounds that will be needed
Yeah, I'll probably keep the old version till then. The issue will be if John Wu and the team he's in somehow manage to detect the "old" magisk hide. :emoji_shrug: At least magisk keeps getting improvements ~daily on github.

Status
Not open for further replies.