MIUI 14 22.12.8/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of misinformation going around regarding your questions above. There is TWRP available for your phone (Xiaomi 12X, right?) and you can install Magisk through it. You just cannot install the ROM via TWRP (and you shouldn't install TWRP through fastboot - rather from within itself).
Follow my steps from this post TO THE LETTER except using
twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.5_A12-psyche-skkk.img

>> INSTRUCTIONS HERE <<
Ok, twrp up and running, but magisk keeps rebooting me
I don't know if I should delete magisk which I installed as apk and install it from twrp first

Last edited:
I don't know if I should delete magisk which I installed as apk and install it from twrp first
Can't reboot the system? do a factory reset then flash magisk

Post in thread 'MIUI 13 STABLE RELEASE' https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-13-stable-release.64441/post-677335

Using intune to have access to Office365 (Outlook, OneDrive business, SharePoint, etc) and luckily working fine here

Sent from my M2102K1G using Tapatalk
For me, only black screen in apps of office 365. I had install the apps again, but nothing happens...

Yeah, delete everything Magisk-related, rename Magisk-v25.2.apk to Magisk-v25.2.zip and flash from TWRP. That's the way I did it and how a guy who had similar problems whom I helped via DMs did as well.

Reactions: TaFNC
Is that battery drain normal and it will be normal after a couple of day or should I reset?

Device :Xiaomi 12
OS version:Miui14, Android 13

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-19-22-23-45-846_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-19-22-23-45-846_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 171
Is that battery drain normal and it will be normal after a couple of day or should I reset?

Device :Xiaomi 12
OS version:Miui14, Android 13
I think it looks normal. With my poco f3 60hz, it drops 10% in 1 hour without playing games. I only use social media

Reactions: 575massimo
must be due to the dirty flash, my 11 ultra is going to sleep. can you give more details? btw i clean flashed.
It only sleeps when I close all background apps before turning off the screen. If the next build continues with the same error, I'll do a clean flash.

Last edited:
Reactions: drherdman
I just didn't want to lose my data and apps. A good way to save and restore them quickly?
You won't lose any data if you use the correct update script from the extracted ROM directory. Booting into TWRP, flashing it and installing Magisk has nothing to do with losing your data. Of course uninstalling Magisk will result in you having to reconfigure that to an extent.
Even if you bootloop from experimenting like that your data will be safe and you could recover it e.g. via TWRP.
A good way to backup your data is, for instance the... backup option in TWRP. :)
I'd recommend creating backups before flashing beta/dev ROMs of a newly released MIUI via fastboot anyways. If you haven't already, installing Magisk is actually the least dangerous step you did. ;)

You won't lose any data if you use the correct update script from the extracted ROM directory. Booting into TWRP, flashing it and installing Magisk has nothing to do with losing your data. Of course uninstalling Magisk will result in you having to reconfigure that to an extent.
Even if you bootloop from experimenting like that your data will be safe and you could recover it e.g. via TWRP.
A good way to backup your data is, for instance the... backup option in TWRP. :)
I'd recommend creating backups before flashing beta/dev ROMs of a newly released MIUI via fastboot anyways. If you haven't already, installing Magisk is actually the least dangerous step you did. ;)
KEEP GOING TO REBOOT, I'LL MAKE A BACKUP FROM RECOVERY

You can recover from magisk really easily just flash stock boot.img the image before magisk patch

Reactions: Lim-Dul
Do you also save the apps with the recovery backup?
You can select what you backup in TWRP. To keep your app settings and the previous OS etc. select Data and Super. Boot is also generally a good idea. And then obviously backup everything you have in storage by just connecting your phone and transferring whatever is there when it pops up after connecting via USB and selecting the "transfer files" option (MTP connection - basically your 'USB drive' mode).

You can recover from magisk really easily just flash stock boot.img the image before magisk patch
True. But if one had a bootloop with Magisk, next time he attempts to install Magisk, Magisk will again find its old stuff at /data/adb (not removed by flashing the original boot.img - will be removed only by Factory resetting, hence by wiping or formatting Data), like magisk.db (database) and its modules folder, and if anything there was incompatible with the new ROM, Magisk will bootloop again

Hence the correct way to recover from Magisk bootloops will be by properly uninstalling Magisk or at least by deleting /data/adb folder from TWRP (and then either by reinstalling Magisk or by flashing the original boot.img)

---

For at least a year or so, TWRP makes it possible to flash Magisk apk file without renaming - ie, one can flash it under its original apk name through TWRP (TWRP will recognize that it was the zip installation file and will properly flash Magisk)

---

Nevertheless, for already about two or three years, TJW (creator of Magisk) clearly recommends through his Magisk GitHub Documentation that Magisk be primarily installed by:
- install Magisk app
- extract boot.img (eg, from the ROM zip installation)
- patch the boot.img by Magisk app
- transfer the patched boot img to PC and flash by fastboot

Ie, the old-school Magisk installation by flashing through TWRP may still work but only for those devices, Android versions and ROMs where the appropriate TWRP is available (like fortunately still for the Xiaomi.eu).

But Magisk can be also installed by patching and flashing method (and that way one can avoid any troubles and issues with possibly incompatible TWRP versions and so) - and there is nothing wrong with that method (except that there are still many users who are not familiar with)

Last edited:
I confirm, Wi-Fi consumption seems higher on POCO F3
can confirm to poco f-3 while the device is hooked up to a wireless router screen and phone idle are the only 2 consuming more battery and phone launcher

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-19-17-46-23-562_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-19-17-46-23-562_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot_2022-12-19-19-18-36-323_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-19-19-18-36-323_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,211
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BalFredy and Gonox
The RAM expansion function doesn't seem to work on the K50 ultra. Changing the notification ringtone as well as the call ringtone can't be done, I can't choose another ringtone, the replacement virtual keyboard application will be restored to Gboard after a while, the system will automatically to the default keyboard. there are some errors we need to check more.

I am using K40s with latest miuieu 14. Sometime delayed notifications such as telegram, messager, facebook....

I have updated the Mix4 from MIUI13 - 22.10.26 to MIUI14. Update went well without any problems.

- notification delay got better for a lot of apps except social media apps
- volume button delay only on instagram

I will try a clean install of MIUI14 and will report if the mentioned points got better

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Status
Not open for further replies.