MIUI 13 22.6.22

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to download the twrp from the link,
then:
rename downloaded twrp to twrp.img
1. fastboot command: fastboot boot twrp.img
(Change language with the right button, enter pin)
2. copy the downloaded twrp.img to the phone.
3. Install
4. Install Image -> choose twrp.img
5. Install Recovery Ramdisk
to check: back to main menu
6. reboot to recovery (should boot twrp again)
7. Then reboot to system

Then u can copy the weekly rom.zip to the phone and use the Updater App and choose reboot to recovery. There u choose install, zip install, choose the weekly zip and gooooooo
Thank you. Working good

I was quite satisfied with the fastboot option, in fact I don't want to install TWRP on my phone just to update rom, I've had some issue before like encrypted device...
One thing, you even needn't to copy the zip to the phone. However, with TWRP, you can update without a need of a computer, just download directly to phone and update from there.

Reactions: biscoot
Hello members,
For the 12x, first I have to boot TWRP via fastboot,
Then flash the rom, then format data by typing YES, and then reboot system? Is this the correct procedure?

I just done update Mi11

here is the exact step
1. copy twrp.img to your pc & phone
2. copy rom zip file to your phone
3. fastboot command: fastboot boot twrp.img (from PC)
4. Install Image -> choose twrp.img & install into recovery ramdisk (from phone)
5. reboot into recovery again by using the TWRP main menu
6. install rom zip (from phone)
7. reboot to system
CAUTION: Maybe for NON A/B partition Phones, followed this for Star(11 ultra) and almost Bricked my phone.. with Red errors everywhere in the Twrp log!..FAILED this FAILED That. Lucky I rebooted into Fastboot and followed @gogocar62 instructions.
Why cant the Devs links this important Instructions on the first post!!!!! for A/B slot devices. I have been reading comments round the topic for the past few hours and still ended up messing it first time- since everyone describes the process in their own way, not isolating particularly for example step 4. here would mess A/B partition Phones!

Poco f3

From windows 11 am getting waiting for any device

This is what am doing.I have enable dub debugging and am connecting the phone on the pc. The phone is booted on working state not in fastboot e.t.c

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-24 095002.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-24 095002.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 208
Instructions for A/B equipment ( All devices before Mi 11 era (except Mi 10S, Redmi Note 10 Pro Global iirc) are non-AB).

Updates via TWRP:
- Insert the ROM into the phone.
1. Download TWRP to PC and rename it to twrp.img https://dl.akr-developers.com/?dir=skkk/TWRP/A12/v3.7_A12
2. Run TWRP fastboot command
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
3. Install ROM
4. Reboot system

How to change the language in TWRP.
Thank you! This worked for me on the Star(11 Ultra)- I guess A/B equipment!
Please ask Dev to pin this post for those coming from FASTBOOT Weekly Roms. It would save people phones and reduce Spamming on the thread from repeat Questions.. They assume everyone knows or Please go some reading elsewhere... I did that and followed instructions not meant for my device- Almost bricked it in the process. it takes only one wrong click to brick the phone.

Attachments

• 1656054284178.png
    1656054284178.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 176
I am currently running the stable version and am considering going to the weekly beta. I've downloaded and flashed TWRP recovery for my model - Mi 10T (apollo). In the instructions it is clearly written that when switching from stable to weekly it is mandatory to do a format, which until now in fastboot was, by selecting the *.bat file containg "format".
Which options should I select in TWRP recovery when switching from stable to weekly beta? :emoji_thinking:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

then:
3. Install
7. Then reboot to system

Then u can copy the weekly rom.zip to the phone and use the Updater App and choose reboot to recovery. There u choose install, zip install, choose the weekly zip and gooooooo
Huh

then:
3. Install
7. Then reboot to system

This worked on my Mi10. I used Minimal ADB and Fastboot. Thanks heaps!

Last edited:
Instructions for A/B equipment ( All devices before Mi 11 era (except Mi 10S, Redmi Note 10 Pro Global iirc) are non-AB).

Updates via TWRP:
- Insert the ROM into the phone.
1. Download TWRP to PC and rename it to twrp.img https://dl.akr-developers.com/?dir=skkk/TWRP/A12/v3.7_A12
2. Connect the phone to the PC in fastboot mode.
3. Run TWRP fastboot command
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
4. Install ROM
5. Reboot system

How to change the language in TWRP.

That's exactly the same procedure I executed and worked well for Mi11Pro (A/B device). I didn't flash the twrp.img to recovery, just booted from PC via fastboot.

Now, just for my understanding. The first post says: "For A/B devices, like Mi 11, you have to boot recovery from fastboot only, then flash the new release; TWRP will be replaced automatically."
-TWRP will be replaced automatically- means, with standard MIUI recovery, right? Yesterday, I updated the device to 22.6.22 and if I'm today rebooting into recovery, twrp starts and not the MIUI recovery... Thats fine for me, but I would like to understand how it works.

Thanks to the devs and people who are spending their time for us users!!!

CAUTION: Maybe for NON A/B partition Phones, followed this for Star(11 ultra) and almost Bricked my phone.. with Red errors everywhere in the Twrp log!..FAILED this FAILED That. Lucky I rebooted into Fastboot and followed @gogocar62 instructions.
Why cant the Devs links this important Instructions on the first post!!!!! for A/B slot devices. I have been reading comments round the topic for the past few hours and still ended up messing it first time- since everyone describes the process in their own way, not isolating particularly for example step 4. here would mess A/B partition Phones!
I believe Mi11 also fall into A/B partition phone categories(you can see what's new on the updater there), gogocar62 method didn't work on my Mi11 as come out red warning as well but once I flash the Mi11 twrp to the recovery ramdisk, then it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.