MIUI 13 22.6.22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of the command fastboot boot twrp.img and then Install <twrp.img> via TWRP's recovery, ...
It's not even an option for non-A/B devices like apollo (or at least, isn't supposed to be an option).

... can I use fastboot flash recovery twrp.img for Mi 10T (apollo) and then fastboot reboot recovery?
That's exactly how you do it.

where can i found the floating Windows
Settings -> Special features

Do you have to put the TWRP.img in your phone before proceeding with the steps? I can't seem to detect my mi10t pro storage after plugging in to my computer, and it shows nothing in Internal Storage /sdcard

Edit: For some reason it did not prompt me to decrypt user in recovery, and I was unable to mount and decrypt my data using advanced password, it will just show invalid password. After changing to 4 digit pin, I went back to recovery, and it prompt me to key in the pin to decrypt. After this, I was able to change back to my advance password, and it will prompt when entering recovery and decrypt successfully.

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
Stupid question maybe.
I'm still on Android 11 eu rom rooted, can I follow the process of installing the twrp for Android 12 and then update true Ota to Android 12 eu. Or must I first install true fastboot to Android 12 eu rom and then install twrp for Android 12?

Thx

Regards ysco..

please, i'm trying to install the new twrp on mi 10 ultra, and the following msg appears: target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'recovery' (196608 KB)...
OK [4,598s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: Error flashing partition : Volume Full)
finished. total time: 4,598s
and does not install. What are you doing wrong?

I can't find my storage after the ".\fastboot boot twrp.img" step. It shows a different folder, it doesn't seem like my internal storage so I can't find the twrp.img and the zip file.

Update: I did that orangefox recovery but failed. It says that (recovery_a) no such partition.

Last edited:
Mi 10 decrypts fine here.
pin or password?
On Mi10 Pro it was unable to decrypt data if it was pin protected. password works fine.
After setting a password, decrypting data, and updating to this weeks rom, the recovery can ( for some reason ) decrypt pin now.

Last edited:
please, i'm trying to install the new twrp on mi 10 ultra, and the following msg appears: target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'recovery' (196608 KB)...
OK [4,598s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: Error flashing partition : Volume Full)
finished. total time: 4,598s
and does not install. What are you doing wrong?
Your twrp size is wrong. Mine is only 128mb. You might want to download it again

I can't change default browser. I have already did everything I can: change default apps, disable Mi Browser, etc. but nothing works. What's worse is when I disable Mi Browser, I can't open any links at all so I have to enable it again. Now I can't even open Youtube links by Youtube Vanced anymore because Mi Browser does it all. How can I fix this?

I'm using Redmi K30 Pro. Thanks in advance for any help.

I can't find my storage after the ".\fastboot boot twrp.img" step. It shows a different folder, it doesn't seem like my internal storage so I can't find the twrp.img and the zip file.

Update: I did that orangefox recovery but failed. It says that (recovery_a) no such partition.
Try changing your lockscreen to just a simple 4 digit pin and try again

I redownloaded the twrp for poco f3 but this time for a12. I made a mistake in downloading that twrp for a11. So this time the internal storage showed up and I was finally able to update my phone.

Waiting for next Update, or Maybe im going to back to older versión, because my screen is flickering when i play YouTube videos on vertical. Mi Phone: Renoir

Reactions: vayavalla
Solution for people who have no clue how to proceed:

INSTALL TWRP ON YOUR DEVICE FIRST:

1- Download ADB for PC. (https://www.getdroidtips.com/how-to-install-adb-and-fastboot-on-windows/ - I used this one for myself)
2- Download TWRP for your device and rename the downloaded file to TWRP.img
3- Move TWRP.img to the ADB installation folder on your PC
4- Restart your phone fastboot mode and connect it to the PC
5- Run ADB.exe and type in the command "fastboot boot TWRP.img"

If the above steps are successful, your phone will restart in TWRP itself. Once this is done:

1- Download the latest EU weekly ROM to your computer.
2- Copy the ROM to your phone
3- Restart your phone again into TWRP using Power+Volume UP buttons
4- Install the ROM from TWRP

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Solution for people who have no clue how to proceed:

INSTALL TWRP ON YOUR DEVICE FIRST:

1- Download ADB for PC.
2- Download TWRP for your device and rename the downloaded file to TWRP.IMG
3- Move TWRP.img to the ADB installation folder on your PC
4- Restart your phone fastboot mode and connect it to the PC
5- Run ADB.exe and type in the command "fastboot boot TWRP.img"

If the above steps are successful, your phone will restart in TWRP itself. Once this is done:

1- Download the latest EU weekly ROM to your computer.
2- Copy the ROM to your phone
3- Restart your phone again into TWRP
4- Install the ROM from TWRP

Hope this helps.
Perfect! Just a tip: in my case, after the command to boot via TWRP (step 5), I had to hold the volume up to enter recovery. Then, install TWRP (ramdisk partition) and, finally, flash the rom.

Reactions: IamShazzy
1- Download ADB for PC.
what is adb for exactly? I've done these processes countless times and on at least 3 different devices and on different computers, I've never had to install adb, would it be for computers with old versions of windows that don't support communication with android correctly?

Instructions for A/B equipment ( All devices before Mi 11 era (except Mi 10S, Redmi Note 10 Pro Global iirc) are non-AB).

Updates via TWRP:
- Insert the ROM into the phone.
1. Download TWRP to PC and rename it to twrp.img https://dl.akr-developers.com/?dir=skkk/TWRP/A12/v3.7_A12
2. Connect the phone to the PC in fastboot mode.
3. Run TWRP fastboot command
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
4. Install ROM
5. Reboot system

How to change the language in TWRP.
This is the guide! no more, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.