HyperOS 1.0 23.11.17/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is going to build 2 ROM variants... Just not going to happen. :D

True, that's what the data partition encryption was meant to do - secure your phone.
If your screen is secure with a PIN/password, there's no way to override that, not even by flashing a different ROM.
What was said. There is no way to take Google's attitude. That they only do it to bother. And that is meaningless and without any justification. Much encouragement for your enormous work and I hope and pray that this does not discourage you since we enjoy a few followers from your great work.

What was said. There is no way to take Google's attitude. That they only do it to bother. And that is meaningless and without any justification. Much encouragement for your enormous work and I hope and pray that this does not discourage you since we enjoy a few followers from your great work.
It's unbeatable. The best phones with the best ROM :D

Main point which makes me crazy is that all want HyperOS and thinking that a DEV release of a Software - which is currently also only Beta from Xiaomi - should work as a normal one.
Also the discussions about issues are making it hard to find the solution posts through the mass of "same posts".

I don't know why it's not possible to use the "Like" button if someone has the same issue and not more to tell about the issue.

So, that I am also not putting through this meaningless post, I found out that the "Android System Webview" was installed as "Beta".
After deleting the last update it updated to the standard one, but the icon in App still says "Beta", but in the play store it is the Default one.
So I assume that Xiaomi itself is trying already the new and other versions of the services in the background which leds to such issues for current phones which could lead to such issues.

But it doesn't matter - in my best days I rooted smartwatches from china and all phones I have to get the best out of it. The hardest one was a Huawei tablet as there are not much ROMs available.
Why I am telling this? This means that I still have a little bit know how to fix some issues and how this works.
Which should be relevant for DEV roms.

The only thing which is currently not working for me is Android Auto, also after reinstalling (closing after start).
I have to test my latest try, else can wait for the next release and it will work as everytime after a new release of xiaomi.eu.

Thanks to all developers and helpers

Someone on a Telegram group posted a magisk fix with a fix for the wallet. Patiently waiting and hoping a fix will be in the next release.

This is the case partly because Beta is often a more stable...
You are using Microsoft Windows Dev Builds?
Each 2nd or 3rd one is generating a green screen (this also in the other builds. Beta works at the best in such cases).

It may be for the software you are using fine, but you don't know whats happening in the background.
I wouldn't recommenct any Dev Build to normal users, only because you got more updates.
If you haven't technical knowledge how all works together, a Dev Build shouldn't be used in any case.

I wouldn't recommenct any Dev Build to normal users, only because you got more updates.
If you haven't technical knowledge how all works together, a Dev Build shouldn't be used in any case.
I didn't object. I just highlighted the obvious issues that make using the stable version questionable. And currently, my device only works on this ROM, with an open bootloader and without Magisk / zygisk / e.t.c.
( Of course, the stock ROM / locked bootloader / global stable works... and I can't choose 5x7 icons, font size can be S or L, only M is missing)

Why can't this be the best choice???

Last edited:
I didn't object. I just highlighted the obvious issues that make using the stable version questionable. And currently, my device only works on this ROM, with an open bootloader and without Magisk / zygisk / e.t.c. Of course, the stock ROM / locked bootloader / global stable works. And I can't choose 5x7 icons, font size can be S or L, only M is missing. Why can't this be the best choice???
It was only because your text seems to be to general and not really specific and non technically accurate which could lead to people who think also that a Dev Build is risk free. If it works for you all is fine, but as you see here it works not for much other people
I have to use magisk and lsposed as our government has deeper checks as each payment app. Else I wouldn't also have to use it. Already discussed with the developer about it (security Updates and so on). Seems they want more sideloading hacks on the apps

• Sad
Reactions: PeaceOne
What will happen if i dirty flash a stable after being on a weekly build (keep data, no format)?

Last edited:
Yeah it's kinda funny that so many people use the Weekly as a Stable-substitute. It was never meant to be that.
Since seven years I use exclusively the Weekly without serious problems. If that in future should not be possible for some reason, for me it would mean the end of the very appreciated Xiaomi.eu-ROM.

Sent from my MI 12 using Tapatalk

I have to use magisk and lsposed as our government has deeper checks as each payment app. Else I wouldn't also have to use it. Already discussed with the developer about it (security Updates and so on). Seems they want more sideloading hacks on the apps
From the beginning of the summer, my Poco f5 pro worked safely only with the help of Magisk and Universal safetynet fix. Then I reached my limits, I returned to Official ROM EEA. I am constantly following the comments, I see the meanness of Google. I put HyperOS to the test. I'm lucky now. Is this a risk for me? Yes. I'm listening and learning... Locked bootloader official rom security for device, is it security for me too? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sepheroth
Hi, on houji (X14) I found the following:
-Brightness slider doesn't work correctly.
-The known WiFi bug isn't completely fixed.

Not much

Hi, on houji (X14) I found the following:
-Brightness slider doesn't work correctly.
-The known WiFi bug isn't completely fixed.

Not much
I also noticed a strange behaviour of the brightness slider with the old control center style on Mondrian.

Just out of curiosity as I've asked this a couple of times but no one has seemed to answer or maybe they don't present this issue. When installing this version does any one present signal loss in areas where you previously had 5G?

As of current, I don't' get the 5G icon or signal on my phone when inspecting with the cellular band info using *#*#4636#*#*. However, when placing a call the cellular band quickly changes to "NR"(5G) and when hanging up my call it's back to basic 4G LTE.

Yes, precisely, this is what i mean. Not possible as it will fail or its not "recommended" but can work?
Typically, going from weekly beta to stable, or vice versa, you would normally do a format, especially when there is a change in version. However, some have very occasionally got away with not formatting.
Whatever you decide to do, it is strongly recommended to do a full backup beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.