HyperOS 1.0 23.12.25/26/28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I see.

How this is possible that TWRP installing contain "Wipe dalvik and cache" and Fastboot not?

This two method update the ROM, but not same at the end.

Wouldn't that be better if fastboot update at the end would contain wipe dalvik and cache to avoid system failure like TWRP update without WD&C?

Im just thinking...
I don't think that there is any difference between TWRP and Fastboot. It is just easier to clear Dalvik and cache from within TWRP (Wipe / Advanced),
I always close apps down and clean everything out before updating anyway - clear Recents, Cache, Dalvik, as well as taking a backup, etc. and I find that I rarely get the problems that others have.
(Nuwa - no root)

I tried the fix (adb) for the Gallery issue and it seemed fixed. Today it started to present again then I tried to install Gallery_ V3.7.0.4_MSU. apk But appears "unable to install system applications from unofficial channels". Before to avoid this problem I had installed Android.packageinstaller_14-34 and with this I could install everything. Now it doesn’t work anymore. Is there a solution?

Apps that are part of the installation cannot be updated.
That is how it is currently
I did a further test with a non-system app and now android.packeginstaller no longer works with this... I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing to do, it doesn’t work anymore.

I tried the fix (adb) for the Gallery issue and it seemed fixed. Today it started to present again then I tried to install Gallery_ V3.7.0.4_MSU. apk But appears "unable to install system applications from unofficial channels". Before to avoid this problem I had installed Android.packageinstaller_14-34 and with this I could install everything. Now it doesn’t work anymore. Is there a solution?
There is also an alternative image viewer - Files app / Recent / (Swipe left) Storage / Images button (as well as being able to have only Camera under 'More').
Obviously it is not as versatile as Gallery, but good enough until Gallery is sorted.

Edit: Gallery is still working fine on my Nuwa (no root).

Thanks, the issue is solved!
What TWRP are you using? Mine is basically useless at this point...
Unless you cleared with fastboot?

Edit: Installed on 12T Pro. No issues whatsoever. Didn't get the crashing apps or app gallery crash...
Just flashed through fastboot and it's done.

Last edited:
I just updated ROM on my F5 Pro from version 23.12.18 to 23.12.28 and now I keep getting a notification/error message "Permissions keep stopping" every few minutes. Any suggestions? Anyone else getting this?

I am not sure what apps or other functions this affects as have not used the phone much since updating earlier today.

Last edited:
I just updated ROM on my F5 Pro from version 24.12.18 to 23.12.28 and now I keep getting a notification/error message "Permissions keep stopping" every few minutes. Any suggestions? Anyone else getting this?

I am not sure what apps or other functions this affects as have not used the phone much since updating earlier today.
Settings-Apps-Manage Apps-3 dot menu-Show all apps

Find Permissions app and clear data

Sent from my Mi 13 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: saf.oda
If Gallery is crashing for you, run these adb commands
Code:
adb shell pm clear com.miui.gallery
adb shell pm clear com.miui.mediaeditor
adb reboot

Done yesterday and as usually, worked.. for a time, in less that 24h the crashes are back.

Happy new year!!

Reactions: lazarvd
Under Camera / Settings (wheel at top right) / General settings - Shoot with screen off. Is this what you are looking for?
I mean by pressing the power off/ screen off it will still records, if you turn off the screen while recording it automatically stops it

The available option in settings is when phone is recording and is idle more than 3 mins it will automatically save power

I recently witnessed a trouble and don't want individuals to know im recording

I mean by pressing the power off/ screen off it will still records, if you turn off the screen while recording it automatically stops it

The available option in settings is when phone is recording and is idle more than 3 mins it will automatically save power

I recently witnessed a trouble and don't want individuals to know im recording
It does this with Recorder (audio) - you can turn the screen off and it continues to record. I have found this quite useful - and the law permits it.
It might be worth suggesting it as an Option.

Please let me know if the download server is okay. My download speed is very slow, 100-200kbps. Downloading on mifirm is also very slow

Which rom to download?
Screenshot_2024-01-01-18-49-43-621_com.opera.browser.jpg
Screenshot_2024-01-01-18-48-06-052_com.opera.browser.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.