MIUI 14 23.3.27/28

Status
Not open for further replies.
A think I found a new bug. I'm using dual sim and the second card says "no service" if I pull down the notification drawer although it does have connection and the connection icons on the right and confirming it is working.
Poco f3

Reactions: Lefterisgt
May I know if the compass issue in google map is my problem or a bug? :emoji_bow:
Bug. I cleared google play services data before updating to this weekly last night and so far it has been working, but I imagine it'll break again after my next reboot, as has been the case for a couple months. Poco F3

Reactions: KGVER
Please can you tell me if it was installed with fastboot or twtp?? if it was done with twrp please a link to download it. Thank you
Just follow the link in the How to Install a custom recovery thread in the Q&A section. Pick your device and install the latest SKKK build (7.5) for your device that has A13 in the file name. The rom looks like it still contains 7.2 until next week.

My poco f3

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-01-13-47-10-855_com.antutu.ABenchMark.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-01-13-47-10-855_com.antutu.ABenchMark.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 338
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jeffrom and mik101
Still the same problem for a long time with the original message apk
Unable to send an MMS! Still waiting and after a while a notification tells us that the message has not been sent!
I'm on Xiaomi 13 (fuxi) and I already had the same problem on my mi 11 (Venus)
You still didn't confirm that your APN settings are correct. The update broke mine last week and once I reentered them manually MMS worked fine on that build and continues to work fine on this one.

Guys tell me, this week on the firmware Mayfly does not work or am I missing something ?

After flash update I can't update my camera app to leica camera. Before this 23.3.13 I can update as usual. After flash my leica camera back to stock camera. Mi 11 ultra
Seriously? Mi11 Ultra doesn't have the Leica camera app, so if yours had it was a hack and when you updated your rom, it updated the camera app as well.

I got info on the miuipolska forum that in this weekly update the camera libraries have been updated from V14.0.8.0.TLFEUXM for 12T Pro diting. I tested the camera recording today in various conditions and it works as it should. None of the problems I've reported previously. Thank you devs and good job.

Reactions: Igor Eisberg
back on Global V14.0.4.0.TKHMIXM stock and maps but tells me accuracy is low and request a calibration ,,, hope this helps Devs,s

Last edited:
back on Global V14.0.4.0.TKHMIXM stock and maps but tells me accuracy is low and request a calibration ,,, hope this helps Devs,s
Does Google Maps & Compass works on Poco F3 when running stock MIUI 14 by Xiaomi even after reboot?

Reactions: Jacometto
Does Google Maps & Compass works on Poco F3 when running stock MIUI 14 by Xiaomi even after reboot?
Somehow it is still working for me after a reboot on this dev build. I cleared google play services data immediately before rebooting to TWRP. Installed SKKK 7.5 as recovery ramdisk, rebooted to recovery again, installed the update and installed SKKK 7.5 as recovery ramdisk again to avoid the ROM update downgrading it to 7.2. Rebooted to recovery again and patched boot with Magisk to get root back. The last reboot to recovery probably wasn't necessary, but I wanted to make sure the new boot image was active before patching it with Magisk again.

Will it keep working? I doubt it. But after a reboot a few minutes ago, it still is. (I did the above last night before I went to bed). Poco F3.

PS. I'm still only scoring around 675k in AnTuTu. I'd imagine a clean install will be necessary to reach the numbers in the screenshot posted earlier by Nandowiko.

Edit. Maps build is 11.72.0302 and Google Play Services version is 23.11.15 (190400-520109968) which was auto-updated via Google from the included version at some point recently).

Edit 2: Showing it working. Going to try rebooting again now. Fingers crossed.

Edit 3: It's still working for me after multiple reboots. This is the most success I've had with the compass in months. Since I'm feeling lucky, let's try Google Backup...

Edit 4: Google Backup still deletes and disables itself after a reboot, but compass is still working after rebooting 3 times. So I'll take that as a win.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-01-21-00-44-351_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-01-21-00-44-351_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Reactions: Zezebro
Somehow it is still working for me after a reboot on this dev build. I cleared google play services data immediately before rebooting to TWRP. Installed SKKK 7.5 as recovery ramdisk, rebooted to recovery again, installed the update and installed SKKK 7.5 as recovery ramdisk again to avoid the ROM update downgrading it to 7.2. Rebooted to recovery again and patched boot with Magisk to get root back. The last reboot to recovery probably wasn't necessary, but I wanted to make sure the new boot image was active before patching it with Magisk again.

Will it keep working? I doubt it. But after a reboot a few minutes ago, it still is. (I did the above last night before I went to bed). Poco F3.

PS. I'm still only scoring around 675k in AnTuTu. I'd imagine a clean install will be necessary to reach the numbers in the screenshot posted earlier.
Pls keep us updated.
Thanks

--
Sent from my M2102K1G

Reactions: mik101
Helps whom? There is no problem with the compass, as evident by the built-in Compass app. This is a Google Maps specific issue, and we are not VIPs at Google to be able to ask them anything about that.

The Virus Scanner in the Security app finally stopped flagging Google Messages as a security/privacy risk as well. So there's another plus.
8-9 hours screen on time is looking possible again.
No notification delays on my Poco F3.
So far so good on this build.

The "Keep Using Approximate Location" Yes/No text is still swapped. Edit to add picture. If the question is changed to "Would you like to use precise location instead" then the answers and actions would be correct.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-02-02-44-29-585_com.westjet.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-02-02-44-29-585_com.westjet.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Reactions: jeffrom

PS. I'm still only scoring around 675k in AnTuTu. I'd imagine a clean install will be necessary to reach the numbers in the screenshot posted earlier by Nandowiko.

Edit. Maps build is 11.72.0302 and Google Play Services version is 23.11.15 (190400-520109968) which was auto-updated via Google from the included version at some point recently).

Edit 2: Showing it working. Going to try rebooting again now. Fingers crossed.

Edit 3: It's still working for me after multiple reboots. This is the most success I've had with the compass in months. Since I'm feeling lucky, let's try Google Backup...

Edit 4: Google Backup still deletes and disables itself after a reboot, but compass is still working after rebooting 3 times. So I'll take that as a win.
Working for me as well after deleting play services data and rebooting! Thanks!

Edit: so far, the only really annoying issue I find in this rom is the mi home push notifications still not working. Performance and battery wise it seems OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: mik101
Fun fact. I bought Redmi Note 12 for my daughter, European version. After taking the phone out of the box and turning it on, I saw that the compass in google maps also does not work! It's unbelievable! New phone, original firmware... :emoji_thinking:

If I'm on stock global miui 14 everything works as should , somewhere my wording got mixed up or misinterpreted if I flash the EU with a 1404 firmware maps/ direction pointer fails still doesn't work

Reactions: Birraque
Status
Not open for further replies.