MIUI 14 23.4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi experter,

May I dirty update from 13.0.9 stable (venus)?

Last edited:
Sorry, typo. The version is XEU ROM 13.0.9.0 stable.
You could just do a dirty flash from MIUI 13 to MIUI 14.

Make sure you update your TWRP first though if you gonna be flashing using TWRP.

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

Reactions: KGVER

Attachments

• akkulaufzeit.jpg
    akkulaufzeit.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Hello devs :)
I have an issue on Mi 11 Ultra (star), I can reproduce it (you should be able to as well), I recorded the steps, you watch it here. In the video I used the YouTube Vanced app (last update before it was discontinued), but the issue occurs on all apps that use PiP. YouTube ReVanced, Twitch, VLC. It doesn't happen in Firefox when streaming something, the difference is that when you maximize from PiP directly it doesn't go back to the full screen video player but just opens the web page, so I think that's why it doesn't bug like this.
I didn't have this issue on MIUI13, but it has been consistent across all MIUI14 updates (as far as I can remember). Maybe others in the community can also test this out.
Play a video -> go home (activate picture in picture) -> pause video -> dismiss video -> open app
The only way for me to restore the app without clearing it from memory is to activate floating window. Maybe someone knows another way to do it :)
Thanks for your work!

Sorry, typo. The version is XEU ROM 13.0.9.0 stable.
Definitely do a full backup first (don't cheap out), because I updated TWRP before as well but still had a bug which led to me having to wipe my phone.

I have an issue on Mi 11 Ultra (star), I can reproduce it (you should be able to as well), I recorded the steps, you watch it here. In the video I used the YouTube Vanced app (last update before it was discontinued), but the issue occurs on all apps that use PiP. YouTube ReVanced, Twitch, VLC. It doesn't happen in Firefox when streaming something, the difference is that when you maximize from PiP directly it doesn't go back to the full screen video player but just opens the web page, so I think that's why it doesn't bug like this.
I didn't have this issue on MIUI13, but it has been consistent across all MIUI14 updates (as far as I can remember). Maybe others in the community can also test this out.
Play a video -> go home (activate picture in picture) -> pause video -> dismiss video -> open app
The only way for me to restore the app without clearing it from memory is to activate floating window. Maybe someone knows another way to do it :)
Thanks for your work!
Running flawless on Poco F3.
Maybe this issue only happens on your device model.

Reactions: Jacometto
Successfully flashed through twrp on my Xiaomi 12
Running very smoothly and stable
Really impressed by antutu benchmark results, with a staggering score of 919666.

Note: Had rebooting problems, but it seemed to be my problem with revoking miui daemon, don't turn in off, you will be stuck in a bootloop and will have to format data to fix it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-10-15-56-25-013_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-10-15-56-25-013_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_2023-04-10-15-55-52-549_com.antutu.ABenchMark-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-10-15-55-52-549_com.antutu.ABenchMark-edit.jpg
    686.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot_2023-04-10-16-01-45-480_com.android.updater-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-10-16-01-45-480_com.android.updater-edit.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 135
Thanks for your work!
I'm on the same device with:

Weekly v14.0.23.4.2.DEV
+ Magisk Delta 25.2
+ ReVanced Extended (YouTube)

I saw your video and did the exact same steps. But all was okay.

No issues after pausing the video and then closing it.

When I re-launced YouTube (v18.13.38) again, I could play the video from exactly where I had paused it.

I did this 3-4 times and no issues.

I quit using Vanced a long time ago and have been using ReVanced Manager (which I feel it's the easiest way to install) for ReVanced Extended by inotia00.

Just fyi, I have patched YouTube w/o Micro-G support. You can however patch it for use with Micro-G if you like.

--
013e41a27bc1bee50a44a522b8e84faf.jpg

Reactions: FranzKS
I'm on the F3, and noticed in the last few updates that Chrome displays in dark mode (which is my system setting) but when I click in the URL bar, the search bar displays a light background but with text from dark mode.

Attaching images to compare below.

This would happen periodically with particular ROM updates, but would always eventually work correctly with future updates. However, this issue has been the case for me with the last three ROMs.

Is it Xiaomi or something .EU can change?

Anyone else have this?

Screenshot_2023-04-10-23-50-13-349_com.android.chrome.jpg Screenshot_2023-04-10-23-50-33-434_com.android.chrome.jpg

Poco F4 GT
A day later : I'm back to weekly rom. Now I turned off the memory extension (+3GB RAM) and there are no useless application restarts. Everything works fluid. Thanks Devs!

Last edited:

Droz_

Phew, 70 open cards? Why ? :emoji_open_mouth:
Don't you have Chrome in settings - display - dark mode - more settings - marked/turned on?
Do you use any mods? What version of Chrome are you using?
Chrome
Chrome dev.
Chrome beta.
Chrome Canary
Try a different version than you are using.

Reactions: PeaceOne

Droz_

Phew, 70 open cards? Why ? :emoji_open_mouth:
Don't you have Chrome in settings - display - dark mode - more settings - marked/turned on?
Do you use any mods? What version of Chrome are you using?
Chrome
Chrome dev.
Chrome beta.
Chrome Canary
Try a different version than you are using.
Haha, yeah, I just cleared a bunch of the tabs... But don't worry about that.

Dark mode on, I've tried "system" which is also set to dark.

No mods. I'm using stock Chrome, latest Google Play version. I'll try beta, but I feel it's a ROM thing based on my previous experiences, but happy to be wrong.

I'm on the same device with:

Weekly v14.0.23.4.2.DEV
+ Magisk Delta 25.2
+ ReVanced Extended (YouTube)

I saw your video and did the exact same steps. But all was okay.

No issues after pausing the video and then closing it.

When I re-launced YouTube (v18.13.38) again, I could play the video from exactly where I had paused it.

I did this 3-4 times and no issues.

I quit using Vanced a long time ago and have been using ReVanced Manager (which I feel it's the easiest way to install) for ReVanced Extended by inotia00.

Just fyi, I have patched YouTube w/o Micro-G support. You can however patch it for use with Micro-G if you like.

--
013e41a27bc1bee50a44a522b8e84faf.jpg
Thank you very much for trying. Not sure what to do next here, I already reinstalled all the apps, toggled PiP etc...same thing happenes on ReVanced, I went back to Vanced for this reason as it didn't happen there initially but now it also does...thanks anyway :)

I'm on the F3, and noticed in the last few updates that Chrome displays in dark mode (which is my system setting) but when I click in the URL bar, the search bar displays a light background but with text from dark mode.

Attaching images to compare below.

This would happen periodically with particular ROM updates, but would always eventually work correctly with future updates. However, this issue has been the case for me with the last three ROMs.

Is it Xiaomi or something .EU can change?

Anyone else have this?

View attachment 47243 View attachment 47244
Same here

From my poco f3 via Tapatalk

Another useless update it seems. Still no mi home push notifications (their own ******* product). Same with compass on anything but the compass app. Let's hope we don't have slowdowns or battery drains so it will be just the same as the previous.
Poco f3
XM12 and mi home notifications still doesn't work. Switched to region China but no luck..
A note: it was working on stable

Should I gather logcat or is this sth known? I combed through the forum but didnt find any solution or root cause for our case

Last edited:
XM12 and mi home notifications still doesn't work. Switched to region China but no luck..
A note: it was working on stable

Should I gather logcat or is this sth known? I combed through the forum but didnt find any solution or root cause for our case
I have the same issue looks like !

--

Status
Not open for further replies.