MIUI 14 23.4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently on my fourth weekly beta. I'm an amateur, so I might be asking a stupid question. When I install the Rom on the device every week. Can I cause depreciation on hardware?... ( TOO MANY INSTALLATIONS)
I am very satisfied with the work of the developers of xiaomi.eu. I hope my question is understandable. (unfortunately, I can only communicate with a translator )

If I understood your question, it will not depreciate the hardware. The only thing that will happen is take up storage space on the device.

Reactions: PeaceOne
Hi. I constantly used Chinese firmware. I changed the phone and decided to try to switch to your firmware.
1. Why was mi account removed from the mi-calendar? There is only a Google account and local holidays. I have all the data in mi account.
2. mi-messages status is always offline. On my old phone with Chinese firmware, there were no problems.

Hi. I constantly used Chinese firmware. I changed the phone and decided to try to switch to your firmware.
1. Why was mi account removed from the mi-calendar? There is only a Google account and local holidays. I have all the data in mi account.
2. mi-messages status is always offline. On my old phone with Chinese firmware, there were no problems.
1. China ROM uses Chinese Calendar app, we use the Global one. There could be differences in behavior, but the Chinese app is not optimized for international users.

1. China ROM uses Chinese Calendar app, we use the Global one. There could be differences in behavior, but the Chinese app is not optimized for international users.
Ok.
And what about №2? - mi-messages status is always offline. On my old phone with Chinese firmware, there were no problems.

Ok.
And what about №2? - mi-messages status is always offline. On my old phone with Chinese firmware, there were no problems.
No idea, and don't compare this ROM to "Chinese firmware". Nowhere the same.

if i tap YES it will use approximated location, i want exact location.
This is a mistranslation by Xiaomi. "No" is actually "Keep on" and "Yes" is "Turn off" (if translated directly from Chinese).

This is a mistranslation by Xiaomi. "No" is actually "Keep on" and "Yes" is "Turn off" (if translated directly from Chinese).
Wouldn't it be an option to use 'Keep on' and 'Turn off' in Xiaomi.eu to make it more clear?

Reactions: g.tacov

The mysterious world of "Yes" or "No" settings. This is the case with the Chinese language / way of thinking. This is also a common challenge in the Official EEA. Many settings are like this. :)

Google map can't show the live view reflecting real rotation in this latest weekly rom.

My device is Mi11.

The bug also appears in stable rom 14.0.9.

Current Poco F3 Issues/Bugs Report - Weekly 23.4.2 based on the previous Report:

1) Share doesn't work when using File App by Xiaomi and Settings \ Privacy protection \ Protection \ Network interception \ Secure sharing <enable> - Report
2) When using "One Hand" to adjust Brightness or Volume the slider will move to the max value only - Report
3) The "Usage Reset Date" only reset the Mobile Data Usage at "1st day" of the month - Report
4) Backup by Google One is wiped (and turned off) from Google Drive after each reboot - Report
5) The Compass doesn't point in any direction on Google Maps - Report
6) Some notifications buttons doesn't work - Report

Let me know if you need more inputs with the open Issues/Bugs.

(*) Of course some (or all) of the above reports may be related with Xiaomi and/or App Dev side. Confirmation and some troubleshooting could be needed.

The current Antutu's Score still slow on Poco F3 even when in performance mode, the battery drains fast when in 5G but the whole system experience seems very fluid and reliable. None huge change since last Weekly again and probably it won't happen on .Dev for Poco F3 anymore. The current reported issues above # 1, 2, 3 seems to be Xiaomi dependents, # 4, 5 Google and # 6 could be related with App and/or Xiaomi.
The Xiaomi statement at post #2 inform that .Devs will ends for K40 on April, 21. It isn't clear for me if our last build will rollout this weekend or in the next one but I would like to thanks all .EU Team to provide this awesome CN/EU rom for us.
Keep kicking some Bugs.
Green light to go!

Cheers,

BUG REPORT: 12T Pro DITING bluetooth volume is extremely low. Abou 1/3 of the stock. Please advise, thank you
The same problem and the same smartphone! Previously, on the global MIUI 14, I chose the Singapore region and the volume was higher, now nothing changes in the weekly version

Maybe the developers know a solution how to increase the volume? Or one of the users encountered a problem, please tell me!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-13-13-10-14-197_app.rvx.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-13-13-10-14-197_app.rvx.android.youtube.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_2023-04-13-13-25-37-373_app.rvx.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-13-13-25-37-373_app.rvx.android.youtube.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20230413_132433.jpg
    IMG_20230413_132433.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 139
I'm not sure if Google's root detection has gotten better or if it's something to do with this particular build, but I'm unable to add credit/debit cards to Google Wallet anymore since upgrading (and having Magisk installed just like all previous versions since MIUI13 on my F3) I've tried the stable version of Magisk as well as the newer betas (6.0/6.1) and I've tried Shamiko and USNF as well separately to no avail. Anyone else having the same or similar? It worked on last week's for me.

Last edited:
Hi @Igor Eisberg

Maybe I'm wrong but as far I remember the Security App (Security Scan) had the Avast and AVL (other) virus definition. Did we miss one of those options?
Some tests point AVL as more efficient. (annex)

Sources: Comparative Study of Android Smartphone-Based Antivirus Performance Using the TAM Method, Análisis de Herramientas de Seguridad en Android (Master Thesis), La DURA VERDAD sobre los ANTIVIRUS en ANDROID
No longer available. Avast was actually removed officially from China APK long ago (and AVL from Global APK), but we were able to merge it back.
That's no longer possible. We can either have Avast (Global APK) or AVL (China APK). We went for Global APK.

I'm on the F3, and noticed in the last few updates that Chrome displays in dark mode (which is my system setting) but when I click in the URL bar, the search bar displays a light background but with text from dark mode.

Attaching images to compare below.

This would happen periodically with particular ROM updates, but would always eventually work correctly with future updates. However, this issue has been the case for me with the last three ROMs.

Is it Xiaomi or something .EU can change?

Anyone else have this?

View attachment 47243 View attachment 47244
One screenshot is the xiaomi.eu forum and the other is the web browser search history page that appears when you try to google search from the chrome home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.