HyperOS 1.0 24.4.15/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we'll ever get OTA without the need to use TWRP. I have other devices with other rom based on Pixel/AOSP and OTA works just like official roms.

Is this a limitation of MIUI/HyperOS or something else? Just curious

Is there any difference between ota and dirty flash?
There is no difference. Bad question, they are two different things.

installation method:
- OTA via the Update app in TWRP
- download ROM from browser and install in TWRP
- downloading the ROM from the browser and installing it in fastboot via PC

The user chooses how to install the ROM
Dirty installation (update) = user data will be preserved
Clean installation = erasing all user data including formatting the data partition

gogito

Probably not anymore. The reason is the absence of fully functional TWRP.
Some AOSP projects use their own recovery, that's why it's possible.

I wonder if we'll ever get OTA without the need to use TWRP. I have other devices with other rom based on Pixel/AOSP and OTA works just like official roms.

Is this a limitation of MIUI/HyperOS or something else? Just curious
Every official rom got OTA, so isn't problem of limitations.
OTA is a specific kind of file that contains only the changes between versions, while in custom ROM you need someone that work for this project to do it. Team are made of a few person often and don't waste time over this kind of things. Simply gives you the fully zip that working ever and can be flashed over recovery (when you got a TWRP fully working.)

Why must everything go so fast in life?? Relax...keep calm and let the download use the time it needs... I'm sure they will fix this issue.

Xiaomi 14, sending apk via any messengers does not work. When you click "send", a selection of applications appears through which to send, whatsapp, telegram, etc., you choose any messenger and nothing happens, is that right for everyone?

latest update doesn't work on Mondrian, the launcher application crashes if you change the folder. unusable. I'm thinking of a downgrade if it weren't for the formatting.

I had such a beautiful screen and with the update everything was reset. as if I had done a fresh install.

you can't even select the various options in the theme installation. like changing icons or something.

Does switching to the previous version involve formatting?

it doesn't even keep the shape of the widgets, it's leaving third time I try to fix it
I humbly apologize, I'm not practical and I don't always frequent the forum. Are the apologies enough or is there some other penance to be served?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: gogocar62
I downloaded the ROM using a downloader (JDownloader 2 - free), and just left it. It took about 3.1/2 hours.
I then copied it to my phone and did the normal install using TWRP (after backing up).

Reactions: KGVER
Of course yes.
Do not spam, there is a possibility to edit posts.
I apologize again but I would like to know what I should do to downgrade, what should I click on the computer since there is no downgrade option. Maybe I should click First install?

I am now resigned to the fact that the Moon Superwallpaper will not work on my phone; neither will the Detect gaze.
I seem to be the only Nuwa where this is happening. :(

I apologize again but I would like to know what I should do to downgrade, what should I click on the computer since there is no downgrade option. Maybe I should click First install?
I'm not sure, if a custom ROM is the right thing for you. Neither you have a minimum of basic knowledge nor you read properly.
In first post are some important informations. Why you didn't read that?

first_install_with_data_format - with data wipe, if you're flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time or downgrading.

I'm not sure, if a custom ROM is the right thing for you. Neither you have a minimum of basic knowledge nor you read properly.
In first post are some important informations. Why you didn't read that?

first_install_with_data_format - with data wipe, if you're flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time or downgrading
you're right, I'm not as expert as many of you but so far everything has been fine, now with the latest update I'm having problems and asking for information. it's true that I didn't read at the beginning where it says about data formatting, but then I asked for other information that isn't specified anywhere. downgrading means going back to the previous version, so I should find a function in the previous ROM that allows me to do this procedure, what is it? thanks to those who are kind enough to respond.

so I should find a function in the previous ROM that allows me to do this procedure, what is it? thanks to those who are kind enough to respond.
Do you have a problem of comprehension?
As I quoted and as you can read in first post, you have to do a first install with data format for downgrading.

At least, use the stable ROM and not a ROM which has beta status...

you're right, I'm not as expert as many of you but so far everything has been fine, now with the latest update I'm having problems and asking for information. it's true that I didn't read at the beginning where it says about data formatting, but then I asked for other information that isn't specified anywhere. downgrading means going back to the previous version, so I should find a function in the previous ROM that allows me to do this procedure, what is it? thanks to those who are kind enough to respond.
the question is not what it is about (unfortunately I use the translator and not everything is written well) but what is the procedure for downgrading, what do I have to click on the computer in the previous Rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.