Status
Not open for further replies.
What a dissapointment for Samsung Galaxy S II users! After a year of being stuck in Android 4.0.3, MIUI decided to use some guy's six month old 4.1.2 cooked rom from XDA, as a base for V5 :eek:

Thats an unofficial port of SGS2. The "official Xiaomi SGS2" Rom hasn't come yet.

Unofficial yes but this is what they beta test, right? I can't think that they will release something different from what they are testing.
Official MIUI is based on stock ROM.. not AOSP.... unofficial ports are same like on XDA.... they are made just by devs who got skill for porting to devices... thats all.. they are not official MIUI devs...

From MIUI.com..

The difference between Official MIUI V5 and Unofficial MIUI V5
1) Official MIUI V5 is developed by MIUI official. Unofficial MIUI V5 are done by unofficial MIUI devs who have been porting MIUI for more than a year.
2) If there are both official and unofficial versions for a device (such as i9100), you can choose to download either version by yourself.

Hi, need more advice: at some point i've lost chineese hieroglyphs: with the default font i have just empty spaces instead of hieroglyphs, after downloading font from v4 i've got squares - as if those characters are missing from the font... Probably, characters dissappeared after installing the googgle apps update... So could you please point out what full unicode font i can use with v5? Thanks in advance...

Hi, need more advice: at some point i've lost chineese hieroglyphs: with the default font i have just empty spaces instead of hieroglyphs, after downloading font from v4 i've got squares - as if those characters are missing from the font... Probably, characters dissappeared after installing the googgle apps update... So could you please point out what full unicode font i can use with v5? Thanks in advance...
Install any of chinese font from Thememanager...

well i tried TDB with CWM by m1cha with AOSP QDS84 and v5 3.3.29 seems to work, but seriously after trying v5 where everything seems to work while QDS84 crash with some apps, have videos issues, and random reebot, i guess im happy in staying v5 at least until miui release a new AOSP base, in the oficial site its still QDS81 and the chinese forum they got QDS84 (which lennox rom its based but its disconttinued :( )

I guess the only thing i miss its nova launcher which allow me some customization of my individual icons, and obvious as i said before there are few V5 themes and icons sets its not huge compared to those.

I wonder if there its a way to remove the text below the dock, its the only thing i hate about v5

Install any of chinese font from Thememanager...
Yep, thank you, just realized that I have to try fonts with distinct Chinese font face at the sample (looks like the only two places with Chinese signs are those samples and a keyboard). Unfortunately, I need Cyrillic characters too :) and all Chinese fonts I've tried so far have a bad idea about Cyrillic characters kerning (it looks like every two neightbor letters are separated with three or four spaces)... Previous default font was good for both English, Chinese, Russian.
Ok, will keep searching. (Or maybe some way to automatically join blocks from different fonts does exist?..)

ehm is it me or is it based on cm10, i could recognize that speed everywhere and it's not aosp!

I seem to still be having FC's on majority of my Google Apps. I have flashed the updated ROM and the separate Gapps file but that didn't seem to fix it. Do you guys recommend a complete wipe and re-install? Thanks! (I upgraded from V4 to the current build).

I seem to still be having FC's on majority of my Google Apps. I have flashed the updated ROM and the separate Gapps file but that didn't seem to fix it. Do you guys recommend a complete wipe and re-install? Thanks! (I upgraded from V4 to the current build).
which devices..?

Just installed on my M1SC, the FM Radio is not working. Force close as soon as I start the app.
Is it a known bug or it just me? please confim

Just installed on my M1SC, the FM Radio is not working. Force close as soon as I start the app.
Is it a known bug or it just me? please confim
post a logcat... when app FC, press SendMIUI-menu-copy

wowowo, moment moment, GT i9000 3.3.29 o_O looool where I can find other specific about this version?

Status
Not open for further replies.