MULTI 4.11.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some difficulty, when on 3g, we cannot download some application from Google play, some time we need to do it without wifi, I already turn off only dowload via WiFi, but not work.
I know there is limit setting here, but we cannot change it.
I try change it from security.not work
I also try to change from folder, system, try to find downloads app, but can not find it,
Some one can help here, thanks

I have some difficulty, when on 3g, we cannot download some application from Google play, some time we need to do it without wifi, I already turn off only dowload via WiFi, but not work.
I also try to change from folder, system, try to find downloads app, but can not find it,
That's a bug with v6 as far as I know. Happens for me on Mi4 too.

Sent from my MI 4W

How to disable OTA over 3G and allow only Wifi?

I need to travel and i dont want a surprise in roaming..

Thank you

Hi, I hope I choose the good forum for my post Ingbrzy alway give good answer..

After a bad experience with black screen on Skype (unsolved today) I return back to V5 for test. (I use usually French so sorry for my English)
I would like to make a succinct comparative V5/Miui6 on my Xiaomi MI2: (I talk only about + or expected evolutions for my current uses.)

+ V5:
- The preceding/following buttons of my ear-phones Bluetooth MW-600 Re-function (inoperative in MIUI-6)
- The battery holds all the day (obligatory refill at the beginning of evening in MIUI6)
- The cursors allowing to extend the selection of text are working without problems (they miss sensitivity and are quasi unusable on MIUI6)
- The graphics of Internet Navigator apk is more readable (fast link)

+ MIUI6 (I found only 2 in my current uses)
- The on line music interface is more complete particularly for albums included in a research.
- After an update the navigator keeps the parameters of Google search engine by defect. (On V5 Baidu was forced with each up date on the principal page and as engine by defect)

The evolutions which I would have liked to find in MIUI6
They relate to the appli email for which I configure my 3 accounts. (with V5 I used MailDroid to compensate for the lacks)
- Add switch mode in landscape display
- The combined view only allows visualization of (received emails, follow-ups or not read) for all configured accounts. The combined view of sent emails lack cruelly because they are only visible for account from which they were sent this make obviously complicates the research if I want to reforward one email (of courseI need to remember used account…)
- The accounts in combined view are differentiated by reference color marks selected by the system. In my case a clear color and 2 dark colors very close and difficult to identify. It would be preferable to offer the choice of the colors to the user (take care that some user can be daltonian)

Here I leave you my comments by wishing that they will be useful for MIUI community. ;-)

How to disable OTA over 3G and allow only Wifi?

I need to travel and i dont want a surprise in roaming..

Thank you
Easy to do

64a2a2fa1abbdd7976c74a9aa58ad510.jpg

9cc187464c29ec9f1f31de7ed7db5c22.jpg

260ff9aa2b05ecf2a88f15ce267038ab.jpg

Tengo dos bugs:

-En el escritorio al pulsar la pantalla prolongadamente no hace nada (En la v5 si hacia, no se si sera un error)

-Al intentar cambiar el fondo de pantalla desde ajustes, fuerza cierre.

¿A alguien mas le pasa o lo ha solucionado?

Es un redmi note 4g, se me olvido comentarlo.

Why "add URL to start page" option has been removed from miui browser in this release? Only possible to add URL to bookmarks...Both option were available in 4.11.7 release.

Why "add URL to start page" option has been removed from miui browser in this release? Only possible to add URL to bookmarks...Both option were available in 4.11.7 release.
Because there is no start page?

~Tapatalk~

Reactions: graw2
Probably because of changes in global version of the Browser. If we disabled start page (global switch) then there's no point for this option to exists.

Reactions: graw2
Thanks guys, accepted! Last question what I would lie to understand. Why cannot add the following URL to Bookmarks:
http://m.mobilarena.hu/tema/re_xiaomi_mi-2_lehetetlen_kuldetes/friss.html

The received error message is: "you've already bookmrked this URL"

"m." in the URL means mobile view

If I delete the "m." from the URL above, then it can be added to Bookmarks without any problem, like this:

http://mobilarena.hu/tema/re_xiaomi_mi-2_lehetetlen_kuldetes/friss.html

http://mobilarena.hu/tema/re_xiaomi_mi-2_lehetetlen_kuldetes/friss.html

Some one help us please, because sometimes we need to download from 3 g when there is no wifi, we have a lot of quota here

Although not related to 4.11.14, but rather to the stable V37 of Redmi Note 3G, there is a possible issue described in http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...cts-from-other-phones-has-mixed-phones.26153/

It is quite easy to check it. Reporting it here, in the case it affects the development MIUI versions as well.
It seems quite strange that noone can confirm this bug, even though it is extremely easy to do so (just open contacts -> import from other phone)...

Hoping that someone will step in, I just wanted to report the following:
* the bug is not present on the English Chinese stock firmware V37 for Redmi 1S WCDMA (another phone altogether, I know, still they might share the same codebase)
* the bug is present on the xiaomi.eu firmware V43, again for the same Redmi 1S WCDMA
* the bug is also present on the xiaomi.eu firmware V45, again for the same Redmi 1S WCDMA

In the xiaomi.eu firmware there is a duplicate "Xiaomi" button. There's the first one, but there is one more at the end! Some pointer gone bad?

Anycase, this is clearly a Xiaomi.eu bug! Please consider it for solution in the upcoming firmware of both Redmi 1S as well as Redmi Note (of course, other xiaomi.eu firmwares might be affected, eg Mi3 etc).

I will c/p the information to the bug thread as well, to keep it tidy.

Some one help us please, because sometimes we need to download from 3 g when there is no wifi, we have a lot of quota here
Many possibilities:

1. Downloads (App) --> Settings, and set the Download Size limit as you please. It is automatically set very low on the Update.

2. If doesn't works, try clearing PlayStore data

3. Also try from Recovery wipe Caché and advanced>Dalvik and then restart

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ_BAUER
It seems quite strange that noone can confirm this bug, even though it is extremely easy to do so (just open contacts -> import from other phone)...

Hoping that someone will step in, I just wanted to report the following:
* the bug is not present on the English Chinese stock firmware V37 for Redmi 1S WCDMA (another phone altogether, I know, still they might share the same codebase)
* the bug is present on the xiaomi.eu firmware V43, again for the same Redmi 1S WCDMA
* the bug is also present on the xiaomi.eu firmware V45, again for the same Redmi 1S WCDMA

In the xiaomi.eu firmware there is a duplicate "Xiaomi" button. There's the first one, but there is one more at the end! Some pointer gone bad?

Anycase, this is clearly a Xiaomi.eu bug! Please consider it for solution in the upcoming firmware of both Redmi 1S as well as Redmi Note (of course, other xiaomi.eu firmwares might be affected, eg Mi3 etc).

I will c/p the information to the bug thread as well, to keep it tidy.
its a minor bug... and V5 is dead... its not present in V6....

Hi guys, I have a problem finding come burn for several updates and is the active camera when facial filter strength bar is unbalanced and can not regulate. Anyone else with him? It is a mi4. Thanks and regards

Hi guys, I have a problem finding come burn for several updates and is the active camera when facial filter strength bar is unbalanced and can not regulate. Anyone else with him? It is a mi4. Thanks and regards
what do you mean..? sorry, its hard to understand... btw. try set EN lang if its present there.. if not, report tat bug to your lang repo...

Many possibilities:

1. Downloads (App) --> Settings, and set the Download Size limit as you please. It is automatically set very low on the Update.

2. If doesn't works, try clearing PlayStore data

3. Also try from Recovery wipe Caché and advanced>Dalvik and then restart

Thanks aurelianobuendia,
I Will Try, hope it solve the problem, I'm Sure a lot of people seeking this answer

Reactions: TJ_BAUER
Status
Not open for further replies.