MULTI 4.2.21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smbshare remains empty :(
I have cleared the cache and program data, but this didn't help.
(Use plex media on your next nas)

Sent from my Xiaomi mi2 with Tapatalk. This is why my message could contain spelling mistakes.
May I know, where is the source of that SMBSHARE?
Is it from your NAS or your pc?
If it is from your NAS, then perhaps another bug of this file explorer.
If you don't mind, could you share a video folder from your pc and try again?
I believe you should be able to view the folder, since it is working for me.

(I checked that plex out, it supports synology.)

Last edited:
This share is from my NAS, I don't have any movies on my Windows machine or a DLNA configuration/share, perhaps someone can test it with a prepared machine?

Sent from my Xiaomi mi2 with Tapatalk. This is why my message could contain spelling mistakes.

For your reference, this is how it looks like.
Screenshot_2014_02_23_03_48_14.png

But when I want to play the video, video player shows an error message.

Reactions: kiswum
You can use a alternative file explorer, perhaps someone else had a clear answer/solution/workaround for you.
Miui file explorer had to many disadvantages for me compared with TC.
- no ftp client to connect to your office/home server
- copying files is not easy (first copy the files and then search for the directory to paste it.
- no way to visit network shares, only DLNA files (if it works;))

- no way to visit network shares, only DLNA files (if it works;))
For DLNA, could you try this? I believe this is the right method to access it.
If you are looking for the DLNA, I am supposed we should view it from the MIUI video player right away.
Ignoring the Online tab on the top left, on the right is Local.
In Local tab, my DLNA device is listed there. But unfortunately, there is no video found.
And here as well probably another bug, because I couldn't see any videos on my DLNA server listed :)
Screenshot_2014_02_23_04_05_28.png

DLNA on my Mi3. All is working good.
utubuny2.jpg

ve9a4uby.jpg

Wysłane z MI3 W

Streaming movies work, but I don't use DLNA, I use network shares.
Streaming my movie and in the meantime make a backup of pictures from another phone to the NAS is not the best way to test it out, but it worked ;)

Full HD 3D
uryrasas.jpg

Full HD
ta8utyte.jpg

y4aquhu3.jpg

Hi Acid, I am referring to your 1st screenshot. (DLNA)
Using MIUI video player, could you browse for a video file, and play it in the same app?
Screenshot_2014_02_23_04_22_29.png

My concern is I am not able to view the media.

In your 2nd screenshot (SAMBA/network share), using MIUI file explorer, could you browse for a video file and play it using the video player?
My concern is the stock file explorer doesn't allow me to play the video.

Hi kiswum,
There is no problem if you access your network share using TC and play with miui video player. Since the problem lies with MIUI file explorer.

ps: take note, I am using miui video player to access DLNA, miui file explorer to access samba/network share.

download any xhdpi rom and extract from system/app
Hey guys I am not able to play any videos from the gallery on my galaxy s2. it used to work fine before this upgrade. I have mx player. How can I make that the default as I can't find a way?

HTC Incredible SvivoJB - 4.1LinkGooXiaomi - Port8f6927a34c00d2bdfacb841199c11134

but program md5 check is 330EF45CAFBB6729C0683AB29D2C6AA7

the file is damaged

Last edited:
Ok anyway to change governor to interactive so don't have problem with battery?
Lol. Why do you need init for governors? Who told you that? Yes you can change governor via init.d but... you can just install Trickster Mod app or any other CPU app from Google Play.

Wysłane z MI3 W

Hi Acid, I am referring to your 1st screenshot. (DLNA)
Using MIUI video player, could you browse for a video file, and play..
My concern is I am not able to view the media.

In your 2nd screenshot (SAMBA/network share), using MIUI file explorer, could you browse for a video file and play it using the video player?
My concern is the stock file explorer doesn't allow me to play the video.
Yes to all. I can play video from file Explorer or from Videos. But... my Mi2 can't play mkv but Mi3 plays mkv without any problems.

Also you can install Mx Player and choose it when playing from file Explorer.

Wysłane z MI3 W

Yes to all. I can play video from file Explorer or from Videos. But... my Mi2 can't play mkv but Mi3 plays mkv without any problems.

Also you can install Mx Player and choose it when playing from file Explorer.

Wysłane z MI3 W
Hmm this problem seems complicated to me, since you are using a Mi3, which I believe have a different android version?
Not sure if we could compare it with m2s here.
The fact that you said your Mi2 couldn't play MKV is interesting.
What is your test cases on your Mi2, since all your feedback I think are based on your Mi3?

If you read my early post, I have stated that using mx player to play video from Miui file explorer showed an error too.
This error doesn't appear when I used ES file explorer and play using Miui video player/ MX Player.

Yes my feedback is based on MI3 with Android 4.3, but... I just checked this again on my MI2 and yes, all is ok. MI2 sees the same over 500 videos on my N66U router and can play videos from Videos app. And I have to correct my previous statement. MI2 can play MKV videos from Video app. It just cant play from miui fileexplorer. But.. I think if I install Mx Player then it will start playing MKV.

Are you sure if you have correct settings on your router/nas? Because for my N66U I needed to enable Servers Center via UPnP to have my shared hdd visible over my network. Thus all my home devices are seeing my hdd (all nexus tablets, laptops with Windows and Linux, phones, android media box, etc.).

Thanks for the comment Acid.
If you could do me a favor, just a little bit more of testing on this part:
MI2 can play MKV videos from Video app. It just cant play from miui fileexplorer. But.. I think if I install Mx Player then it will start playing MKV.
On your m2, make sure that you are viewing network shared files using miui file explorer, and play it with MX player now.
If you could play it with mx player, then there must be a problem with my phone.
Otherwise, then you have similar bug with me :) (bug on the miui file explorer)

Are you sure if you have correct settings on your router/nas? Because for my N66U I needed to enable Servers Center via UPnP to have my shared hdd visible over my network. Thus all my home devices are seeing my hdd (all nexus tablets, laptops with Windows and Linux, phones, android media box, etc.).
I have did some research on DLNA, and I found out that the app(in this case miui video player) actually must support the variants of DLNA server. There are many eg: Mini DLNA, plex, windows media player, etc...
I believe your asus is running on mini DLNA, and it is supported by miui video player.

Unfortunately, I think, miui video player doesn't support dlna on windows media player yet. (I can use an external app to view the DLNA and it plays nicely.)
I think, DLNA support is not yet complete on miui.

Hi there,
Mi miui file explorer does not have network browsing capability, how is this possible?
There be different file browser apps?

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.